Vessel Switching and docking

Is there anyway to Switch between close parked Vehicles and rendezvous Vehicles(Without using mod)?

When i tried its not possible by clicking the vessels, and the map is completely covered by one vessel icon.

it would be great if i can switch vessels just on the third person view.

It would be great if there is a feature that can control both vessels at the same time for docking.

besides if i have a small vessel docking port magnets are too strong, is there a way to adjust magnets strength or disable it?

i'd love to know if there is a solution for that

@tawpik

For controlling 2 vessels at the same time for docking, you kind of can. Switch to your target vessel and target your main vessel, then use the ‘point to target’ SAS mode. Then switch back to your main vessel and click the same SAS mode. The ships will automatically align - this way you can make your docking approach without having to worry about manually aligning with the docking port. However, if you’re docking with a space station and the port is off-axis, you should click on the port and set it as your target.

As for adjusting the magnetism on docking ports, unfortunately it’s not in the stock game. However Editor Extensions Redux has it as well as a ton of other useful stuff.

Hope that helped!

(I was about to inform you about the bracket key thing but @razark ninja’d me :P)

Edited by RealKerbal3x
Removed whitespace

If you want the ability to switch vessels in flight by clicking on them (Which is really, really handy if you have more than two ships close together that are interacting), you want this guy.

At the very least they need to implement the ability to ignore debris while using [ and ] in stock.

34 minutes ago, tawpik said:

Hey Thanks, Didnt know for years ...  i could have saved so much time. I get back to tracking station every time i switch before ....

Heh, yeah, that one's super useful.  :)  You're not the first person to be late finding it, either-- it's not super discoverable.

Note that it only works for craft that are within 2.3 km of each other.

But even if you get farther apart than that, you still don't have to go all the way back to the tracking station... just go to the map view, click on the other ship's icon, and choose the "switch to" option.  Saves a couple of steps over going all the way back to KSC;)

44 minutes ago, tawpik said:

Didnt know for years ...  i could have saved so much time.

Yeah, it's much easier than switching to map view or tracking station to switch.  It also lets you switch to/between Kerbals on EVA.

11 minutes ago, Snark said:

You're not the first person to be late finding it, either-- it's not super discoverable.

See, that's what happens when you don't read the manual that comes with the game... :rolleyes:

I miss the days when games came with books.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.