EVA issues PS4

I play this game on PC. I noticed recently that it was on sale on PS store so I grabbed it anything to support the devs and game as it’s awsome. But and this is a huge but. The game is broken I mean game breaking can’t finish the story broken. The EVA issue of being frozen to the side of a lander is ridiculous. I have scanned the forums and see this is an issue that has been present since July of last year it’s been 6 months and their hasn’t been a single update to fix this. I also see no responses from devs or anyone on a possible solution or fix coming. So now I have wasted 20$ on a game that although I love I can’t do anything with other than build and fly in space their is no point in landing or building anything on any planet if you can’t EVA. I really want to know if the console version of this game has just been written off and they dont care anymore and, won’t do anything about it? This isn’t a simple little bug that can be ignored or worked around this is literally a game breaking problem. So for now I guess I have to stick to PC version but this is stupid and to everyone should be a reason to not buy this game. I recommended this game to so many people on PS only to find out now I look like a fool because the game is fun until you try to do more than build a ship and fly in space. 

• 2 weeks later...

What I have found is if you think you are going to have an issues with building rockets or eva's is save the game,  then try doing an eva if you get stuck you will have to close the game completely restart an everything will be fine again,  I have to do this so much that I just gave up on playing the game Cause I know console updates are NOT a priority to the makers of this game just like every game on console. PC comes first an F--- The rest of the people who want to enjoy these games.

KSP was the game I played the most on console. I DO NOT even recommend this game to my friends on console anymore, unless I know they own a pc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I was the first one to report this issue. The oldest post about this problem, it is mine, so I had allot of time to figure it out the solution:

The problem is caused when you transmit data direcly from the science base junior. Some times wile you do it true the goo experiments. If you are on EVA, or just controlling the experiments with your cursor, do not, repat, do not, transmit any data. Only, and only use your antena to transmit all your data.

You have to manually select the antena and transmit all your data from it. 

It is safe to transmit your temperature, presure, and atmospheric presure readings directly true the part itselft (review window too).

If you are already stuck in space, the ground, your lader, or on any place that you are. Close the game, and go to console settings and restar your XBOX (unplugging the electric cable also works). Restar your game, and you will be able to gain control of your Kerbal aging. 

After that, play as normal. Only remember to never transmit data from the cience base junior, or the goo containers. Only from your antena.

Post data: What I actually means is transmiting true the option that says transmit all data.

Fly safe my friend...

Edited by Sylar Uchiha

• 4 weeks later...

I am just now seeing this bug, arggg...  just did a repositioning move on Minmus for more science data and landed.  When I did the eva I'm stuck to the side of the command pod.  Can't move, no RCS, NOTHING.   Would be great if we actually do have an update/DLC coming for console that maybe this would be addressed?

has anyone tried bumping a kerbal with another kerbal when stuck like this or is the bugged kerbal actually glued in place?

1 minute ago, Elroy Jetson said:

I had read that article and am anxiously waiting for the new release!  I did not remember reading that they had resolved the stuck on the ladder bug, that is great news!

With the update a lot of bug fixes are expected, and due to the frequency of the ladder bug it will most likely be fixed

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.