Unknown Object in VERY low Kerbin Orbit

aSpicyBanana

Okay, so, I'm pretty new to the game. I own the enhanced edition for Xbox One, and recently, when flying around the equator of Kerbin, just above one if the ground stations on the equator, there's some sort of thing floating between 15km and 25k above the surface. If you follow the equator east of KSC until you reach the next landmass, somewhere deep inland there's a ground station, and up in the sky in the distance you can see a white dot. At first I thought it was just a star as it was very early dawn time when I first saw it, but as the sun came up, I noticed it didn't move with the stars. I flew towards it but couldn't get past 12km, but I could confirm it definitely was an object and not a star. Maybe I'm just dumb, but I've been searching on google for days on something like it but I so far haven't found anything. I don't have any screenshots atm since getting there is kind of hard for me with my  current skill but I will try to get at least one or two pictures of it.

[Edit]

Found out what it was, turns out it was further out and it was a piece of debris, had debris turned off in the tracking station, sorry for the confusion and wasted time!

Edited by aSpicyBanana

@aSpicyBanana Welcome!

What you’ve discovered there is probably Minmus. It’s the second moon of Kerbin (after the Mun) and is actually in a rather high and inclined orbit of the planet, not a low one. 

It is a little difficult to get to (because of the inclination of its orbit) but it can actually take less delta-V than the Mun if you do it right :)

Did you go to it? if so RealKerbal3x was right. It's very small and has weak gravity so it looks like a star. If you look at it from inside your spacecraft and zoom in you can see the textures which aren't visible to the naked kerbal eye. I recommend visiting it, it's a fun place.

@RealKerbal3x It's not Minmus, that's what I thought as well, but it doesn't move at all. It just sits in what I can best describe at a geosynchronous orbit just outside of the atmosphere of Kerbin. I'm not too good at building planes or rockets to I can never actually get to it, but I know it's not minmus, I can fly under and around it. So when I see it, I can pass underneath it and circle back to it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.