Can you attach a part to two other parts

Basically, some mods have parts that have more than two attachment points. A cube with 6 points for instance (the DSM pack). However, there doesn't seem to be a way to create a square and have a part attach to the connection point on both sides. Or is there something I'm missing?

I've seen some stock space stations that seem to have circular or square designs and attach all the way around though.

If it isn't possible I'd like to suggest the feature.

Hmm, I wish I could show a picture of what I mean. Maybe I can use symbols to make it make more sense.

Okay so lets say that the below three characters are three different parts.

|-|

The middle one is a standard piece which has connection points on either end. The other two have connection points in the middle as well. So I can connect the middle piece to either side, but as far as I can tell I can't connect it to both at the same time. So if the left part and the right part are existing already, can I connect the middle to both? Currently I just attach it to one and use struts, but it isn't ideal.

I think the way the game currently works is that each 'parent' part can have multiple 'child' parts but each 'child' part can only have one 'parent' part. So I think you'll just have to use struts/fuel lines. Assuming you're talking about what I think you're talking about. (Placing some part so that it's connected to multiple other parts)

I think what is happening is ogject clipping. What is happening is that either you need to rotate the part, or there is a collision conflict saying you cannot put part here. Usually with the multimount points, it is a matter of manually rotating into the correct position. And sometimes, the part just conflicts with another one. Without being able to see the exact parts or test, is tough to confirm for truth or not.