What do you think about 2nd season of the Good Doctor? Especially about episode 4

Pawelk198604

I just watched I'm in Europe is bit delayed I'm also wondered why this girl just not called the lawyer Dr Andrews would love to hear that lawyer get involved xD
If that girl demanded a lawyer after she's 18!

And USA is suing nation from I head ;-) 

Seemed incredibly stupid, so never considered watching it. Generally in my house medical shows are off limits, as they all stink. My wife even complained that in Dr. Strange (movie) they scrubbed wrong (wrong order of the stuff they showed, so needlessly wrong). Most shows have docs doing things outside their specialty (simply does not happen), they have all kinds of other shenanigans. I'm sure this show is similarly full of nonsense.

(my wife's observations on medicine in TV/movies is about like my observations of science fiction (there's a whole thread about awful SF here, lol))

I think I asked if there was any medical show/movie that didn't stink, and she couldn't think of any.

EDIT: while we haven't watched it, a friend who is a doc said the best medical show was Scrubs.

8 hours ago, tater said:

the best medical show was

I thought the best medical show was a good few years back when the Ebola outbreak occurred in the US (which, interestingly, a year prior to, the CDC announced they'd be 'testing' an Ebola vaccine in the coming year ... coincidence? yea, sure), and national tv news was showing one of the doctors / technicians doffing their gloves after handling Ebola contaminated equipment and patients - all the wrong way, effectively contaminating their hands.  I actually spit my coffee up on that one.

Scrubs was funny, for a little while anyway, and then it got stupid.  Eventually, the janitor stole the show.

On 1/20/2019 at 10:40 PM, tater said:

I know a bunch of people who went to Africa during that outbreak and treated people.

Likewise, family.  Same group went to Haiti after the earthquake (two different times), and PR after the hurricane.

I must say, volunteers are very special people.

On 1/20/2019 at 10:04 AM, tater said:

Seemed incredibly stupid, so never considered watching it. Generally in my house medical shows are off limits, as they all stink. My wife even complained that in Dr. Strange (movie) they scrubbed wrong (wrong order of the stuff they showed, so needlessly wrong). Most shows have docs doing things outside their specialty (simply does not happen), they have all kinds of other shenanigans. I'm sure this show is similarly full of nonsense.

(my wife's observations on medicine in TV/movies is about like my observations of science fiction (there's a whole thread about awful SF here, lol))

I think I asked if there was any medical show/movie that didn't stink, and she couldn't think of any.

EDIT: while we haven't watched it, a friend who is a doc said the best medical show was Scrubs.

Scrubs was hilarious. Never paid attention to the medical aspect as it was just a sitcom to me. The janitor (man is he tall) went on to land a starring role on The Middle (a great family sitcom; so few of those these days, and it ended last season) and Dr. Cox seems to have found a recurring role on Chicago PD. But it's hard to take him seriously as a high-ranking cop when I last saw him in that comedy role.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.