Rofl47

Wing flaps always point down when I press the S key, but others respond correctly.

Question

Hi, as stated in the title; I'm having an issue with vessels I ship from the space plane hangar. Every time I attach flaps that operate vertically (meaning they go up and down), they seem to always go down when I press the "S" key. Sounds like a non-issue, right? But everything else behaves as it should. Gimballed engines point upwards, any winglets I attach point upwards. I expect that wings and flaps will ALL be oriented the same if it's directly off the SPH's runway. It makes me unable to launch my craft. Any solutions? Is this a known bug?

3 answers to this question

It might require advanced tweakables to be enabled under settings, but you can right click on the flap after placing it and click "Deploy reversed".  It's for those times when the game gets it backwards and uses them the wrong way. 

25 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

It might require advanced tweakables to be enabled under settings, but you can right click on the flap after placing it and click "Deploy reversed".  It's for those times when the game gets it backwards and uses them the wrong way. 

I tried clicking the deploy reversed option; but it wasn't working. I assumed it was for the brake deployment. I'll try it again as well as the advanced tweakables. Thanks!

EDIT: I was correct; Deploy is for the brakes feature. Deploy only has the option of Invert.

Also, putting it on Advanced Tweakables did not fix it.

Edited by Rofl47
Just tried the solution, it doesn't work.

It depends on the position relative to the CoM. If the control surface is in front of the CoM, the deploy directions are reversed ;)

Try to move the control  surfaces to the back and check if it changes the behaviour.