Lunar Eclipse January 20-21 2019

cubinator

The Moon will begin passing through Earth's shadow in a bit under 1 day as of the time of writing this. Those of us in the Americas and some of Africa and Europe will be able to experience it, weather permitting. The total phase of the eclipse will last over an hour, which is cool. Anyway, here is a place to share in this event, wherever you are in the world.

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/2019-january-21

40 minutes ago, XB-70A said:

If you are still in FL, the sky should be pretty clear tonight:

Z0urmky.jpg

Yup... I'm north of Tampa, closer to Spring Hill on that map. The forecast is for it clear up and get colder... which is fine. I'll try and get pictures if I can.

5 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I'm in a perfect spot, but it's been partial clouds all day...

Come to Germany. It has been fantastic, absolutely clear weather over here for the last 3 days.

I'm sure I'll get to see some of the eclipse here. I'll take some photos with my camera.
I just held it in my hands for the very first time, so don't expect any masterpieces.

2 hours ago, Delay said:

Come to Germany. It has been fantastic, absolutely clear weather over here for the last 3 days.

I wish I could! I was stationed there in the early 80's... It would be awesome to come back and visit!

Back on topic... Unfortunately it's still really cloudy here... not looking too good, I'm afraid, but there's still a couple hours to go

The aftermath of Winter Storm Harper has made it hard to predict whether or not it’ll clear up in time for the eclipse, but as of now, it seems like it is clearing and will stay (mostly) clear. I wonder how the moisture in the atmosphere will impact how red the moon gets from my vantage point, since low moisture and high levels of dust are known to make it darker red. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.