RSS RO 100T Payload Two Stage to Orbit Fully Recovered.

iAMtheWALRUS

This was done with the WIP Raptor engines, but I downrated them 20% from what's in the current RO based on new chamber pressure estimates from SpaceX.  Had a lot of fun (no really!) playing with KOS to set up a precision booster landing program.   Thanks to CalebJ2 for sample code and for getting Trajectories support added to KOS.   First Stage VTVL, Second Stage VTHL, 100 Tonnes to orbit.   I have the unedited version if anyone wants it, but it's over an hour due to the long shallow re-entry.

Edited by iAMtheWALRUS
Re-captured booster landing with less lag

2 hours ago, iAMtheWALRUS said:

This was done with the WIP Raptor engines, but I downrated them 20% from what's in the current RO based on new chamber pressure estimates from SpaceX.  Had a lot of fun (no really!) playing with KOS to set up a precision booster landing program.   Thanks to CalebJ2 for sample code and for getting Trajectories support added to KOS.   First Stage VTVL, Second Stage VTHL, 100 Tonnes to orbit.   I have the unedited version if anyone wants it, but it's over an hour due to the long shallow re-entry.

Amazing job, man! Well done. Too bad about the stutters and frames, but what can you do? Craft and skripts worked perfect. Quite an intense landing of the orbiter too. Nice one, I like it a lot. Plus kuods for playing this amazing planet pack too!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.