[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

What are you talking about? I know what the mods do, and they are all separate... Kopernicus doesn’t use them. Planet packs may use them, but the devs have to implement the code. The dlls don’t do anything on their own. I would know, as I add the code for a couple of the dlls in a few of my mods.. so what about my statement wasn’t right?

I'm not sure what the case is then, because some of those modules are doing things for me with no planet packs installed. It's possible Spectra might use them, but their page says nothing about the expansion pack and only the base mod. As such I didn't outright mean to say you were wrong, just that my experience differs greatly. 

14 minutes ago, PortalGunner said:

I'm not sure what the case is then, because some of those modules are doing things for me with no planet packs installed. It's possible Spectra might use them, but their page says nothing about the expansion pack and only the base mod. As such I didn't outright mean to say you were wrong, just that my experience differs greatly. 

Ok well I’m just telling how kopernicus expansions works. The dlls require code to function. I have no idea if spectra uses it, but kopernicus doesn’t use them itself.

16 hours ago, Galileo said:

What are you talking about? I know what the mods do, and they are all separate... Kopernicus doesn’t use them. Planet packs may use them, but the devs have to implement the code. The dlls don’t do anything on their own. I would know, as I add the code for a couple of the dlls in a few of my mods.. so what about my statement wasn’t right?

What issue? That’s kopernicus starting up...

you will need to do a proper bug report if your game is crashing. I doubt it’s Kopernicus, but we won’t know until we get the right troubleshooting files.

Well it says the sun failed to load and then when I try to start a game it just spins with the little loading thing at the bottom. It might be something conflicting, but it's definitely a kop error that comes up saying it couldn't load it.  Says it was unable to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process and points to that log file. But that's fine, I'll go report it, didn't know if I was just doing something wrong.

1 hour ago, mjones1052 said:

Well it says the sun failed to load and then when I try to start a game it just spins with the little loading thing at the bottom. It might be something conflicting, but it's definitely a kop error that comes up saying it couldn't load it.  Says it was unable to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process and points to that log file. But that's fine, I'll go report it, didn't know if I was just doing something wrong.

When that Kopernicus error come up, that's a sign that there's something wrong with the planet pack.

Well, now I'm also getting the Kopernicus error logging that it "failed to load body: Sun." This happens even if Kopernicus is installed, but Outer Planets Mod (my only planet mod) is removed from GameData.

Turns out only one thing changed since I last saw this working a day ago: I got a new Logitech G513 LED keyboard. The "KSP Logitech RGB Control [v1.1.0]" mod causes the issue. If I remove that mod, Kopernicus and OPM work again.

//===============================================================================================================//
//=====  Kopernicus 1.4.2-1 - (BuildDate: 31.03.2018 11:39:16; AssemblyHash: 5RQlvMFgycyrY5R8Rz32CjWQ1iI=)  =====//
//===============================================================================================================//
[LOG 20:50:24]: Logger "Kopernicus" was created
[LOG 20:50:24]: Injector.Awake(): Begin
[LOG 20:50:24]: Parsing Target name in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (System.String)
[LOG 20:50:24]: Parsing Target timeScale in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 20:50:24]: Parsing Target scale in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 20:50:24]: Parsing Target Epoch in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 20:50:24]: Parsing Target useOnDemand in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 20:50:24]: Parsing Target onDemandLoadOnMissing in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 20:50:24]: Parsing Target onDemandLogOnMissing in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 20:50:24]: Parsing Target onDemandUnloadDelay in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.NumericParser`1[System.Int32])
[LOG 20:50:24]: Parsing Target useManualMemoryManagement in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 20:50:24]: Parsing Target mainMenuBody in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (System.String)
[LOG 20:50:24]: Parsing Target maxViewingDistance in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 20:50:24]: Parsing Target scaledSpaceFaderMult in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 20:50:24]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Sun
[LOG 20:50:26]: [Kopernicus] RuntimeUtility Started
[LOG 20:50:26]: StarLightSwitcher.Awake(): Begin
[LOG 20:50:38]: Injector.OnDestroy(): Complete

Edited by JonathanPerregaux

On 4/11/2018 at 8:36 AM, shachar2like said:

Have the same issue, found a solution online that involves disabling Kopernicus's version of the solar panels.
original link: 

\

I'm using Kopernicus and I didn't wanted to uninstall it. So I placed this file in GameData/Kopernicus/Config/Kopernicus.cfg and now Solar Panels (Photovoltaic) are working again.

// Why we are disabling the Kopernicus custom module implementing their multi-star fix:

// - we can't leverage it for background simulation

// - warp fixer de-facto replace their computations anyway

// - a lot of our code assume a single star, multiple stars support is planned for a future release

// - lack of time to further investigate the interactions

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]]:NEEDS[Kopernicus]:FOR[Kerbalism]

{

@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]

{

%useKopernicusSolarPanels = false

}

}

I don't have Kerbalism, will it work? Solar panels do not charge and I really need Kopernicus + OPM in my game.

I found a file SolarPanels.cfg

@PART:FINAL
{
    // This will replace all instances of ModuleDeployableSolarPanel with the Kopernicus version
    // that has proper support for multiple lightsources
    // 
    // If you want to keep your ModuleDeployableSolarPanel, add "useKopernicusSolarPanels = false" to the MODULE node
    // That will stop Kopernicus from replacing it
    @MODULE:HAS[#useKopernicusSolarPanels[*]]
    {
        @useKopernicusSolarPanels,* ^= :F:f:
        @useKopernicusSolarPanels,* ^= :A:a:
        @useKopernicusSolarPanels,* ^= :L:l:
        @useKopernicusSolarPanels,* ^= :S:s:
        @useKopernicusSolarPanels,* ^= :E:e:
    }
    @MODULE:HAS[#name[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel],~useKopernicusSolarPanels[false]]
    {
        @name = KopernicusSolarPanel
    }
}

Would it work if I simply delete it?

Edited by cicatrix

@Thomas P. and other Kopernicus maintainers,

There's one interesting edge case in the stock game's behavior, which is impossible to run into in the stock solar system, but can become an issue in a modified (i.e. Kopernicus-based) solar system.

The problem is this:  For very small bodies with tiny SoI, it can become completely impossible to scan them for ore, because the stock orbital scanner is hard-coded to require an orbit with a minimum Pe of 25 km.  If the body's SoI is less than 25 km bigger than the body's radius-- which can easily happen for small bodies orbiting close to the primary-- then they become impossible to scan.

Essentially it's a bug in the orbital scanner, easily fixed with a change of logic.  I've run into this problem enough times that when I'm playing with a modded solar system that has tiny moons in it (e.g. OPM, New Horizons, etc.), it becomes a significant limitation, and I wouldn't be surprised if other folks have run into it, too.

It bugged me enough that I wrote a tiny little "modlet" to fix the problem.  It's located here:

https://github.com/KSPSnark/SnarkTweaks/tree/master/OrbitalSurveyScanning

...the fix is basically just a snippet of C# code, and then a bit of ModuleManager config to apply the fix to the survey scanner.  It keeps the stock behavior of the scanner, unless the SoI is smaller than 25 km above the surface, in which case it makes reasonable adjustments.  In this way, any body with an SoI bigger than its own radius can be scanned.

Anyway... the mod is so tiny and specialized that I've never bothered to release it with its own release thread-- but it's a common problem that could affect basically anybody working with Kopernicus.

So I was wondering... do you guys have any interest in perhaps incorporating it into Kopernicus itself, so the problem will be solved for everyone?  I'm happy to donate the code.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:51 PM, cicatrix said:

I don't have Kerbalism, will it work? Solar panels do not charge and I really need Kopernicus + OPM in my game.

I found a file SolarPanels.cfg

@PART:FINAL
{
    // This will replace all instances of ModuleDeployableSolarPanel with the Kopernicus version
    // that has proper support for multiple lightsources
    // 
    // If you want to keep your ModuleDeployableSolarPanel, add "useKopernicusSolarPanels = false" to the MODULE node
    // That will stop Kopernicus from replacing it
    @MODULE:HAS[#useKopernicusSolarPanels[*]]
    {
        @useKopernicusSolarPanels,* ^= :F:f:
        @useKopernicusSolarPanels,* ^= :A:a:
        @useKopernicusSolarPanels,* ^= :L:l:
        @useKopernicusSolarPanels,* ^= :S:s:
        @useKopernicusSolarPanels,* ^= :E:e:
    }
    @MODULE:HAS[#name[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel],~useKopernicusSolarPanels[false]]
    {
        @name = KopernicusSolarPanel
    }
}

Would it work if I simply delete it?

I just removed the mod entirely, deleting the file didn't help since it was recreated and I wasn't sure how to edit the file to make the game use the stock solar panels (even with the instructions in the file).

Edited by shachar2like

[Fixed in 1.4.3-2!] PostSpawnOrbit changes?

I'm testing Alien Space Programs against Kopernicus 1.4.2-1. Making Laythe the home world, for instance, required this Orbit configuration in 1.3.1-6 and older:

Orbit
		{
			referenceBody = Sun
			semiMajorAxis = 27184000
			inclination = 0
			eccentricity = 0
			longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0
			argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
			meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 3.14000010490417
			epoch = 0
			color = 0.1347182,0.1694476,0.3059701,0.5411765
		}
		PostSpawnOrbit
		{
			referenceBody = Jool
		}

This no longer appears to work, and instead the home world finds itself inside the sun at -275 Mm below its surface.

If I specify referenceBody = Jool in Orbit, this works, but the KSC scene is bugged. This is a classic Kopernicus home world problem that PostSpawnOrbit works around. It has its own problems (weird skies), but it's at least playable.

So it appears PostSpawnOrbit parsing changed somewhat since Kopernicus 1.3.1-6. Or have I missed something?

Obligatory logs and configuration (1.3 MB ZIP)

[Addendum] Also, color appears to be ignored, now. Regardless of referenceBody setting, this example config shows a grey dot and grey orbit in map view.

[Update 07 May 2018] This appears to be fixed in Kopernicus 1.4.3-2. Thanks, everyone!

Edited by Gordon Fecyk
Fixed in 1.4.3-2

On 4/25/2018 at 2:09 AM, Snark said:

Essentially it's a bug in the orbital scanner, easily fixed with a change of logic.  I've run into this problem enough times that when I'm playing with a modded solar system that has tiny moons in it (e.g. OPM, New Horizons, etc.), it becomes a significant limitation, and I wouldn't be surprised if other folks have run into it, too.

It bugged me enough that I wrote a tiny little "modlet" to fix the problem.  It's located here:

https://github.com/KSPSnark/SnarkTweaks/tree/master/OrbitalSurveyScanning

That is actually quite useful. I would replace 'bug' with 'limitation' though in the github descriptions, unless the 25km limit was unintended by devs. And even though it's a small modlet, a proper release is always useful to expose it to anyone who hasn't found a solution elsewhere (rather than it being on p124 of another mod >.>). 

Also, still no example cases for InnerRadiusMultiplier and OuterRadiusMultiplier from 1.4.2-1?
I've been testing for hours and can't seem to find the proper syntax required. 

19 minutes ago, evilman222 said:

Looks like the new patch broke Kopernicus. Not sure if it needs any actual updating, or just recompiling for the new patch. Just a heads up.

Kopernicus is version locked which means it will only work with the KSP version it has been compiled for.

2 minutes ago, Amnesy said:

Kopernicus is version locked which means it will only work with the KSP version it has been compiled for.

Yes I know but I figured I should put a post about it not working (even though I know what's wrong) before the inevitable "This mod is broken you idiots are horrible people and hurry up and fix it" comments, hoping maybe they'd see it and not botherposting that crap hahaha

2 minutes ago, evilman222 said:

Yes I know but I figured I should put a post about it not working (even though I know what's wrong) before the inevitable "This mod is broken you idiots are horrible people and hurry up and fix it" comments, hoping maybe they'd see it and not botherposting that crap hahaha

Most of the people who say that don't even bother reading the last few pages. Instead, on page 1, they scroll down to the reply box and complain without reading anything else.

1 minute ago, Dankgum said:

Most of the people who say that don't even bother reading the last few pages. Instead, on page 1, they scroll down to the reply box and complain without reading anything else.

Ehh I think they look at the first page and the last few posts on the last page.

9 hours ago, PortalGunner said:

That is actually quite useful. I would replace 'bug' with 'limitation' though in the github descriptions, unless the 25km limit was unintended by devs. And even though it's a small modlet, a proper release is always useful to expose it to anyone who hasn't found a solution elsewhere (rather than it being on p124 of another mod >.>). 

Also, still no example cases for InnerRadiusMultiplier and OuterRadiusMultiplier from 1.4.2-1?
I've been testing for hours and can't seem to find the proper syntax required. 

InnerRadiusMultiplier
{
	key = <angle (degrees)> <multiplier> <in-tangent (optional)> <out-tangent (optional)>
   	// add as many key values as you need
}

Same applies for OuterRadiusMultiplier

Edited by Thomas P.

IMHO it's a good idea to have an install that needs Kopernicus as an dependency.
(and using a different folder for the actual running game as the download folder as a Steam user)

This way a user learns patience and is not prone in jump-updating to a new KSP release without being sure that mods still work.

The more-or-less period of time it needs for Kopernicus to be updated is a good time span to have a better chance that other mods are also updated during that time.

Sadly I have updated my kSP without realising...  But I still have my old 1.3.1 KSP somewhere, so I'll get back to that if I really want to play and continue my old career that I still can't continue right now because even without the Kopernicus issue, There are other mods that are still not compatible with KSP 1.4+

On 4/26/2018 at 2:58 PM, shachar2like said:

I just removed the mod entirely, deleting the file didn't help since it was recreated and I wasn't sure how to edit the file to make the game use the stock solar panels (even with the instructions in the file).

Had the same problem - solar panels won't charge anything.

Followed the instructions posted above (created file GameData/Kopernicus/Config/Kopernicus.cfg and copied the text above into i). Now the panels seems to work again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.