[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

27 minutes ago, Elkram said:

Weird, I just installed your SVE, your SVT with this same latest Kopernicus, in a 1.2. Win10, 64bits, 20 gb ram. I did not got that visual bug. Posting it just in case it helps.

oh that was with my planet pack lol thats not kerbin 

15 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

now that i  calmed down, a question, is the bug related to kerbin orbits (when kerbin is not parented to sun) still remains or did squad some how fixed their side of things now?

@Galileo sir, may you possibly have an answer for this? also i assume SVT works like charm?

1 hour ago, Thomas P. said:

I released Kopernicus 1.2.0-1 on Github. Links are in the OP, or on google, or on CKAN (In fact I am just lazy).

Changelog:

* Fixed an issue with flare loading
* Fixed ocean detection. Kopernicus doesn't add two oceans anymore
* Brought nonspherical oceans back
* Added noise type parser to VHNVH
* Updated code to work with KSP 1.2.0
* Overhauled RD visibilty settings. You can choose between 3 values for RDVisibility in Properties: HIDDEN (removes entry + all children), NOICON (removes the planet icon) and VISIBLE (well, visible)

Please report all bugs here or on the issue tracker. :)
Most planet packs should work out of the box

Enjoy!

P.S. Before someone complains that the title still says 1.1.3: YES, give me 5 Minutes to update the OP :P

Thank you for your hard work!

so i was hovering over the add on releases, and I'm like ugh why am i here, i should just be patient. then i thought my eyes were playing jokes on me when i saw this got updated! :D : D : D :):sticktongue:

9 minutes ago, Galileo said:

SVT works fine.  I will be updating it this weekend  with better performance and visuals 

a minor issue, after installing SVT (same was happening in 1.1.3) i get this problem in main menu screen http://prntscr.com/cwr8m5

or can it be kopernicus?

Edited by Jiraiyah

7 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

a minor issue, after installing SVT (same was happening in 1.1.3) i get this problem in main menu screen http://prntscr.com/cwr8m5

or can it be kopernicus?

I have the same and only with Kopernicus 1.2.0-1, when i remove it the visuals goes to normal. I have a great FPS drop with kopernicus.

Hello!

First of all, news of Kopernicus being updated was the best news of the week thus far :)

Thank you for this awesome mod.

Anyway, it seems that for me Kopernicus caused a really strange issue, that took a lot of time to notice. Actually
I thought this was because of 1.2 update at first, but it seems that after installing new ver of Kopernicus, it is SIGNIFICANTLY
HARDER to orbit. I mean it seems like the engines no longer have as much power as before. You need a 2-3x larger rocket
to reach orbit. Now I really am not sure what is happening here, but it seems that maybe there are some non-physical forces
at work. It seems that there is WAY too much drag at the very upper layers of the atmosphere especially and then it sharply cuts off
in space.

Uninstalled all my mods, except for Kopernicus : Issue was there. Removed Kopernicus : Rockets fly normal.

It is easiest to notice the difference with a small two stage rocket with the 45 engine at the bottom and a terrier as second stage.
Pretty much the most basic design : The change really becomes noticeable when doing this with and without Kopernicus.

So is anybody else seeing this? 

2 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

or can it be kopernicus?

2 hours ago, Leandro Basi said:

I have the same and only with Kopernicus 1.2.0-1, when i remove it the visuals goes to normal. I have a great FPS drop with kopernicus.

This is just a minor bug with kopernicus that doesn't really need to be fixed. I really don't understand why its bothers people so bad. Its not like that in game, which is the important part. 

Edited by Galileo

I am trying to figure out how to use Kopernicus and I can't get the planet I am making to actually appear in game. I created a folder inside of the Kopernicus/Config directory and called it TestPlanet. Inside of that TestPlanet folder I made a TestPlanet.cfg file. I followed the guide here as well as the PlanetWithMaps example. Here is what code I typed into the file

Spoiler

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
	%mainMenuBody = Kopernicus
    Body
    {
        name = Test Planet //This will be the name of your planet.
		Orbit
        {
            referenceBody =  Sun //This is the body your planet will be orbiting around. Do NOT write Kerbol, in the game it is the Sun.
            inclination =  45 //I hope this is self explanatory.
            eccentricity = 22 //I hope this is self explanatory.
            semiMajorAxis = 15392582492 //This is the distance in meters your planet is away from the reference body.
            longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0 //Not sure what this is, so leave it at zero.
            argumentOfPeriapsis = 0 //Same as above.
            meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0 //Same as above.
            epoch = 0 /Same as above.
            color = 1,0,0.969,1 //This is the RGBA color code of your planet's orbit in the tracking station. Divide each value by 255, and put a 1 for the fourth value if you want it to be visable. 
        }
		Properties
        {
            720000 =  //This is the height of your planet in meters from the surface to the core.
            1.5 =  //This is the gravity for your planet. Kerbin is 1.
            4.5154812E+21 =  //This is the mass of your planet. It is not very important.
            tidallyLocked = false //Set True if you want your planet to rotate.
            rotationPeriod = 8600 //If the setting above is true, make this the length of a day on your planet in seconds. 
            description = TEST PLANET //This will be the description of your planet that shows up in the tracking station.
            ScienceValues //These are the data values for taking crew and EVA reports around your planet.
            {
                landedDataValue = 1
                splashedDataValue = 1
                flyingLowDataValue = 1
                flyingHighDataValue = 1
                inSpaceLowDataValue = 1
                inSpaceHighDataValue = 1
                recoveryValue = 1
            }
        }
        ScaledVersion
        {
            Material
            {    
                texture = Kopernicus/Config/TestPlanet/TestPlanet_Color.dds //This will be Kopernicus/Config/YourPlanetName/YourPlanetName_Color. Do NOT put .dds.
                normals = Kopernicus/Config/TestPlanet/TestPlanet_Normal.dds //This will be Kopernicus/Config/TestPlanet/TestPlanet_Normal. Do NOT put .dds.
         }
      }
   }
}

What am I doing wrong?

21 minutes ago, Keudn said:

I am trying to figure out how to use Kopernicus and I can't get the planet I am making to actually appear in game. I created a folder inside of the Kopernicus/Config directory and called it TestPlanet. Inside of that TestPlanet folder I made a TestPlanet.cfg file. I followed the guide here as well as the PlanetWithMaps example. Here is what code I typed into the file

Hide contents

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
	%mainMenuBody = Kopernicus
    Body
    {
        name = Test Planet //This will be the name of your planet.
		Orbit
        {
            referenceBody =  Sun //This is the body your planet will be orbiting around. Do NOT write Kerbol, in the game it is the Sun.
            inclination =  45 //I hope this is self explanatory.
            eccentricity = 22 //I hope this is self explanatory.
            semiMajorAxis = 15392582492 //This is the distance in meters your planet is away from the reference body.
            longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0 //Not sure what this is, so leave it at zero.
            argumentOfPeriapsis = 0 //Same as above.
            meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0 //Same as above.
            epoch = 0 /Same as above.
            color = 1,0,0.969,1 //This is the RGBA color code of your planet's orbit in the tracking station. Divide each value by 255, and put a 1 for the fourth value if you want it to be visable. 
        }
		Properties
        {
            720000 =  //This is the height of your planet in meters from the surface to the core.
            1.5 =  //This is the gravity for your planet. Kerbin is 1.
            4.5154812E+21 =  //This is the mass of your planet. It is not very important.
            tidallyLocked = false //Set True if you want your planet to rotate.
            rotationPeriod = 8600 //If the setting above is true, make this the length of a day on your planet in seconds. 
            description = TEST PLANET //This will be the description of your planet that shows up in the tracking station.
            ScienceValues //These are the data values for taking crew and EVA reports around your planet.
            {
                landedDataValue = 1
                splashedDataValue = 1
                flyingLowDataValue = 1
                flyingHighDataValue = 1
                inSpaceLowDataValue = 1
                inSpaceHighDataValue = 1
                recoveryValue = 1
            }
        }
        ScaledVersion
        {
            Material
            {    
                texture = Kopernicus/Config/TestPlanet/TestPlanet_Color.dds //This will be Kopernicus/Config/YourPlanetName/YourPlanetName_Color. Do NOT put .dds.
                normals = Kopernicus/Config/TestPlanet/TestPlanet_Normal.dds //This will be Kopernicus/Config/TestPlanet/TestPlanet_Normal. Do NOT put .dds.
         }
      }
   }
}

What am I doing wrong?

You are looking at an outdated tutorial 

@the white guardian has a bunch of good tutorials out there

1 hour ago, 1990eam said:

Thanks for the update! it is to my understanding that KSPRC wasn't working because Kopernicus had not been updated to work with 1.2 yet.

Do you know if it should work again now? Thanks again.

It should work

2 hours ago, Joonatanr said:

Hello!

First of all, news of Kopernicus being updated was the best news of the week thus far :)

Anyway, it seems that for me Kopernicus caused a really strange issue, that took a lot of time to notice. Actually
I thought this was because of 1.2 update at first, but it seems that after installing new ver of Kopernicus, it is SIGNIFICANTLY
HARDER to orbit. I mean it seems like the engines no longer have as much power as before. You need a 2-3x larger rocket
to reach orbit. Now I really am not sure what is happening here, but it seems that maybe there are some non-physical forces
at work. It seems that there is WAY too much drag at the very upper layers of the atmosphere especially and then it sharply cuts off
in space.

Uninstalled all my mods, except for Kopernicus : Issue was there. Removed Kopernicus : Rockets fly normal.

It is easiest to notice the difference with a small two stage rocket with the 45 engine at the bottom and a terrier as second stage.
Pretty much the most basic design : The change really becomes noticeable when doing this with and without Kopernicus.

I also have found this to be an issue and upon further inspection, I found that it seems for some reason Kopernicus is doubling the gravity of kerbin among other issues.

2 hours ago, Joonatanr said:

Hello!

to reach orbit.  ...

Sounds like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalAcademy/comments/57qff4/is_it_even_possible_to_get_to_space_with_125/

25 minutes ago, WiliestSoup said:

I also have found this to be an issue and upon further inspection, I found that it seems for some reason Kopernicus is doubling the gravity of kerbin among other issues.

Among what other issues.  You gotta give more info than that or these "other issues"  can never be fixed.  Include your player log and your kopernicus log so the dev can see what the issue is. 

6 minutes ago, Waz said:

This is probably why I didn't see this issue.  Before I even started up ksp with kopernicus I downloaded the latest ModularFlightIntegrator which apparently fixed the issue. 

Edited by Galileo

13 minutes ago, Galileo said:

This is probably why I didn't see this issue.  Before I even started up ksp with kopernicus I downloaded the latest ModularFlightIntegrator which apparently fixed the issue. 

I just downloaded the latest ModularFlightIntegrator as well and it seems the issue has been fixed for me. Also, I thought that I had included the link to my log but apparently I messed up somewhere.

Thank you so very much for this awesome mod, it makes all the difference in a game that would just be sad in comparison without it. You're awesome.

43 minutes ago, WiliestSoup said:

Try updating this 

Ahh ninja'd

Edited by Galileo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.