[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

13 minutes ago, Epicminer411 said:

I seem to have a problem with Kopernicus.

You see, I installed Galileo's planet pack, and then I installed Kopernicus, no problem so far. I load up the game, on the loading screen, it says that both mods are loading, and even KSP-AVC says that both mods are present and loading, but when I get to the main menu, it just shows Kerbin, I load up my save, go to the tracking station, it's the default system. What's going on? Help!

You have to post your logs.  We can't read minds lol also post a picture of your gamedata.  Actually, just post everything on the GPP thread so we don't spam this thread

Edited by Galileo

Didn't see anything in the source or configs so @Thomas P. (or anyone else) is it possible to control the range at which scatter is loaded? Would love to be able to see more of the forest of trees that exists out on the grasslands west of KSC from KSC. They don't even load when I fly out there from KSC, I have to load to a craft that is sitting in the region for the trees to appear then hop back along a series of crafts I placed to get to KSC with the trees still loaded in the distance. The new v1.2 physics.cfg load distance settings will make this easier since I won't have to string out crafts every 2km. But still. This view of trees would not be possible if I hadn't started with a vessel a few km from KSC and then hopped back to the one I had at KSC and launched upwards. If I had just loaded to the pad and launched no trees would have been visible in the distance

"Cool Pics" Balloon Flight

Edited by Drew Kerman

Okay I've run into this again, it turns out it only occurs when patched conics are available in the map view. In a career game without an upgraded tracking station the error doesn't occur.

[EXC 11:30:02.916] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
   Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.LateUpdate ()

Basically, that error is spammed but only when patched conics are available in map view. Only occurs in the inflight map view.

Clean install, no mods except Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator, and ModuleManager.2.7.5

Edited by frencrs

On 11/25/2016 at 8:08 AM, blackrack said:

Ring shader (heavily inspired by space engine). How does this look? @Galileo  @Thomas P.  

Sarnus rings rotated by a 45 degree angle to showcase the shading.

Features not shown/still in progress:
-Detail particles when zooming on the rings
-Planet shadow on ring
-Ring shadow on planet/atmosphere (scatterer only)
-Ring interaction with scatterer sunflare

Only just found this but it looks amazing! I can't wait to see this released and to install it along with SVE and SVT.

5 minutes ago, Sebi99p said:

Hello. It appears that after installing GPP, kopernicus is messing up other stuff for my save, For example I cannot see my funds in VAB/SPH ... or linuxgurugamer`s janitor mod starts out like in the screenshot.

output_log.txt

I just looked at the screenshot, and I have no idea what is supposed to be wrong in the screenshot.

but

the red warning "ArgumentException: Sun is not a valid CelestialBody." is probably caused by the fact that GPP changes the name of the Sun to Ciro

to solve that, the developer of that mod should change how he looks for the sun.

some alternatives could be:

1 - check for CelestialBody.transform.name == "Sun" instead of CelestialBody.name == "Sun" (this could have issues in case the center of the universe is not the sun - like in most galaxy mods)

2- use FlightGlobals.GetHomeBody().referenceBody (this could output something other than a star if the home world does not orbit a star - like in NH)

3- use a loop to get the closest star to kerbin (this is basically an iteration of number 2)

@Sebi99p feel free to quote this to whoever develops the mod that's giving the red warning, they'll know what to do

19 minutes ago, Sebi99p said:

Hello. It appears that after installing GPP, kopernicus is messing up other stuff for my save, For example I cannot see my funds in VAB/SPH ... or linuxgurugamer`s janitor mod starts out like in the screenshot.

output_log.txt

did you install Scatterer separately from GPP? GPP has its own scatterer cfg and if you use a separate copy of scatterer, this  "ArgumentException: Sun is not a valid CelestialBody" will happen over and over again and spam your log because GPP renames the sun

Edited by Galileo

26 minutes ago, Galileo said:

did you install Scatterer separately from GPP? GPP has its own scatterer cfg and if you use a separate copy of scatterer, this  "ArgumentException: Sun is not a valid CelestialBody" will happen over and over again and spam your log because GPP renames the sun

I installed scatterer then installed GPP`s cfg over them.

30 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I just looked at the screenshot, and I have no idea what is supposed to be wrong in the screenshot.

but

the red warning "ArgumentException: Sun is not a valid CelestialBody." is probably caused by the fact that GPP changes the name of the Sun to Ciro

to solve that, the developer of that mod should change how he looks for the sun.

some alternatives could be:

1 - check for CelestialBody.transform.name == "Sun" instead of CelestialBody.name == "Sun" (this could have issues in case the center of the universe is not the sun - like in most galaxy mods)

2- use FlightGlobals.GetHomeBody().referenceBody (this could output something other than a star if the home world does not orbit a star - like in NH)

3- use a loop to get the closest star to kerbin (this is basically an iteration of number 2)

@Sebi99p feel free to quote this to whoever develops the mod that's giving the red warning, they'll know what to do

The fact that funds aren`t showing, and the janitor mod always opens that dialog window in the top-left and it`s not even the right format.

1 minute ago, Sebi99p said:

I installed scatterer then installed GPP`s cfg over them.

you cant do that. you saving over the default scatterer doesnt get actually copy over anything because GPP doesnt have Configs named Kerbin, Eve, etc so they are still trying to load.. Just use the folder included with GPP its a full copy of scatterer

Edited by Galileo

On 11/29/2016 at 2:26 PM, Sigma88 said:

so, I'm having a problem with landcontrol and I'm hoping someone here can help me

my issue is with the longitude selection for a class.

here's a view from the north pole of a planet

landcontrol.png?dl=1

if i select 0 as start and 0.25 as end, the "top-left" quarter will be colored by the class I am editing.

if I select start = 0  and end = 0.5, the whole "top" half will be colored (etc.)

up untill 0.75 everything is fine, but if I try to go over 0.75 nothing changes, only the 3 quarters from 0 to 0.75 are colored and the quarter between 0.75 and 0 remains not colored.

if I try to set the start to a negative number I get the color over the entire quarter between 0 and 0.75, no matter what number I choose.

so Start = -0.0001  end = 0.25 would color all the "left" half,

how do I select a specific range of longitudes in that quarter?

pinging some people that might know about this: @The White Guardian @KillAshley @GregroxMun

Sorry, Sigma, LandControl is something I do not yet fully understand myself either. :sealed:

So...I tried to add in the IPH-2 system into Kerbal Space Program. Key word here is TRIED. Somehow, I destroyed the Universe. The KSC was just an empty black maw - not even any stars! There apparently was a ship with Jeb, Bill, Bob, and N+ Kerbals on it, with at total of NNNN parts in NNN stages. Sounds like something fun. I have my log here:

<snipped by moderation>

I have removed a few non-needed things in the log...for reasons.

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Removed long log embed.

KSP 1.2.2 has been released tonight, this means Kopernicus will not work untill a compatible patch is released.

Usually this thread goes bananas when this happens...

this time please let's try to be civil, there's no reason in demanding an update or crying about the version lock.

on the contrary, this behaviour tends to put off developers from working on their mods.

in the meantime, if you don't know what to do, go read about [Rømer's determination of the speed of light] (which was announced this day, 340 years ago)

Edited by Sigma88

@Sigma88 really? Because I just ran 1.2.2 with SVT which requires kipernicus and I was told that it looked like it was working by its creator. Does version locked mean that it can't work in a new version or that it probably won't work in a new version?

Edited by Benji13

1 hour ago, Red Iron Crown said:

@ProtoJeb21 I had to snip out your log, please don't paste 5000 lines into a forum post. Link to a text file somewhere. 

I'll keep that in mind. Thankfully, I may have found the small parts of the log that show what went wrong.

1 hour ago, Thomas P. said:

Woah! 1.2.2 has been released, and no @Snark action was neccessary yet! :D

Praise the Kraken!

So if I'm reading the instruction guides right, it looks like I could make a small planetoid and have it orbit inside what WOULD be a Lagrange point if they existed. I seem to be able to set orbital velocity independent of everything else, so if I made a trojan or a greek asteroid and gave it the same velocity and axes as a planet, just with a different starting location, it should work, right?

I realize, of course, that L4 and L5 aren't stable, but we're already approximating for rule of cool so I am comfortable fudging that and making it stable.

Edited by RentedTritium

3 minutes ago, RentedTritium said:

So if I'm reading the instruction guides right, it looks like I could make a small planetoid and have it orbit inside what WOULD be a Lagrange point if they existed. I seem to be able to set orbital velocity independent of mass, so if I made a trojan or a greek asteroid and gave it the same velocity and axes as a planet, just with a different starting location, it should work, right?

I realize, of course, that L4 and L5 aren't stable, but we're already approximating for rule of cool so I am comfortable fudging that and making it stable.

you can't set orbital velocity using kopernicus. you could do that using a plugin.

1 minute ago, RentedTritium said:

Ok, so assuming I don't mess with that, I can still make two objects share an orbit at different intervals, right? So I should be able to make something that looks a lot like a Lagrange point to the player?

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

you can make a small asteroid on the same orbit as Jool (for example) but 60° behind (or ahead) to make it look like it is a trojan/greek asteroid of jool

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.