[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

10 hours ago, Astrofox said:

@Thomas P. how do you use the VertexVoronoi PQS mod?

EDIT:

Yay! Second Page!

I can answer that. It can help you generate Voronoi tessalated terrain. At max use it can look something like this, but you can go for a more subtle use too. Here's an example from my version of Eeloo in OPM:

VertexVoronoi
				{
					deformation = 250
					displacement = 0.00499999988824129
					enableDistance = True
					frequency = 40
					seed = 56457563
					order = 23
					enabled = True
				}

deformation: the amount (in meters) that the PQSMod can change the terrain. So higher means deeper valleys/steeper walls, lower means the opposite.

displacement: you want to keep this low if you want smooth transitions. High numbers give hard edged voronoi.

enableDistance: if you want the effect of the voronoi to be pronounced you set this to true.

frequency: how many voronoi are made. The higher, the more voronoi cells you get. So keep it low to get a few large voronoi and high to get many smaller ones.

seed: just put a random number here. If it looks good, leave it otherwise pick another one. This is just a way to randomize it.

order: the order number which you fill in here depends on the planet you're making. You'll probably will want it higher than any SimplexHeight(Absolute) or HeightMap PQS mods. But if you add say procedural craters (the PQSMod VoronoiCraters) you'll probably want your VertexVoronoi lower in order than that PQSMod.

enabled: True or false.  This should speak for itself

Hope this helps. I suggest using KittopiaTech to experiment with the values.

So, I've made a nice little moon, and I've got the right PQS stuff I want, but the height based color map isn't working because the only texture generated is only one color, and it just covers the moon in that one color.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Just now, Astrofox said:

So, I've made a nice little moon, and I've got the right PQS stuff I want, but the height based color map isn't working because the only texture generated is only one color, and it just covers the moon in that one color.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Even though I have no config from you and should ignore you: I bet that you have used absolute values instead of relative values (0-1) in the height stuff. :)
Config would be nice though.

I suggest using KittopiaTech to visualize the process. I always go with very bright colors at first (red, green, blue, etc.) and some basic numbers: 0.33 or 0.66. Then if it's a mix of colors I know I'm close. If it's just one color (for example the highest class) then I know I need to go down with my numbers. Only takes a few tries to get where you want it. After that you can add in the actual colors in your cfg.

11 hours ago, Astrofox said:

@CaptRobau @Thomas P., is there a thread dedicated to sample codes on Kopernicus PQS mods?

no there isn't

you can, however actually try looking at the Github for Kopernicus, which contains all data for every PQSMod available by default;

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/tree/master/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/Configuration/ModLoader

Edited by KillAshley

3 hours ago, KillAshley said:

no there isn't

you can, however actually try looking at the Github for Kopernicus, which contains all data for every PQSMod available by default;

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/tree/master/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/Configuration/ModLoader

I've seen that page before, but I have no idea as to how the overall code translates into useable code for planet configs.

2 hours ago, Astrofox said:

I've seen that page before, but I have no idea as to how the overall code translates into useable code for planet configs.

It should however give us a list of mods Kopernicus will accept, so what we could do is try to make a thread or a wiki with examples of what they do. Like just testing them on a blank sphere. This would fill in this gap in information!

come on kerbonauts, let's do this :D 

(though I would like to know what PQS stands for :))

Edited by Kepler68

2 hours ago, Astrofox said:

26 minutes ago, Kepler68 said:

It should however give us a list of mods Kopernicus will accept, so what we could do is try to make a thread or a wiki with examples of what they do. Like just testing them on a blank sphere. This would fill in this gap in information!

come on kerbonauts, let's do this :D 

(though I would like to know what PQS stands for :))

The .cs file themselves are pretty easy to read, I have never actually learnt/been taught any programming language before and I can find the value names easily enough. Try having a look for yourself, it'll tell you the name of each value you can input, whether it's numerical, a filepath, etc. and even if theres sub-wrappers you can input. Theres also a pretty easy way to find out what each value does too, which is kittopia.

also @Kepler68 PQS means Procedural Quad Sphere. You can learn how it all works in this unity engine video by SQUAD;

https://youtu.be/mXTxQko-JH0?t=30m49s

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.