[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

Question: Is anyone else having trouble getting kopernicus to load Kscale64 or other resized kerbins?

I've got a bare-bones install (Stock+Kopernicus+Kscale64) but it just wasn't loading.  Kscale64 is mentioned in the logs. 

Fixed: I installed sigma.  Was Sigma Dimensions meant to be bundled with kopernicus?

8 minutes ago, Sandworm said:

Fixed: I installed sigma.  Was Sigma Dimensions meant to be bundled with kopernicus?

Sigma Dimensions can't be bundled with anything, because it has an all-rights-reserved license. Kscale64 depends on Sigma Dimensions, and Sigma Dimensions in turn depends on Kopernicus. Kscale64 is bundling Kopernicus for convenience, but you are meant to download and install Sigma Dimensions separately.

1 minute ago, undercoveryankee said:

Sigma Dimensions can't be bundled with anything, because it has an all-rights-reserved license. Kscale64 depends on Sigma Dimensions, and Sigma Dimensions in turn depends on Kopernicus. Kscale64 is bundling Kopernicus for convenience, but you are meant to download and install Sigma Dimensions separately.

Ah, thanks.  The KScale64 instructions don't mention the need for sigma and I didn't ever remember installing it separately.   Live and learn.

2 minutes ago, Sandworm said:

Ah, thanks.  The KScale64 instructions don't mention the need for sigma and I didn't ever remember installing it separately.   Live and learn.

Before Sigma Dimensions was released, KScale64 aka 64k was shipping Kopernicus configs directly. Then the first release or two that depended on Sigma Dimensions bundled it before anybody noticed the Sigma license. The dependency on Sigma Dimensions is fairly recent, so there's a decent chance you didn't install it the last time you installed KScale64. The KScale64 instructions on Spacedock are up to date with the direction to install Sigma from its own download site, but nobody has gotten around to fixing the forum thread.

My Solar Panels quit working after I installed Kopernicus along with Outer Planets last night. A quick web search showed that this bug has been a problem in the past but I thought it was fixed.

I tested at various locations including: KSC launch pad, LKO, HKO, Minmus and Mun orbits. I installed using CKAN by selecting Outer Planets and letting CKAN force the other necessary mods. Happy to provide any files that you need.

thanks!

Edited by tjt

I had the solar problem as well.

I did some digging and found that the version for the Modular Flight Integrator mod required by Kopernicus is 1.1.3 on Ckan but the current version is 1.1.5. I installed the version off the forum and the panels now work fine. so the version that Ckan installs is a version that's not working with KSP 1.1.3 and needs to be updated.

CKAN seems to be shipping a version of MFI that had a critical bug, which kills solar panels.
I specifically fixed that bug for Kopernicus.

I asked for an update on the ckan repository, until then, feel free to visit the CKAN hate thread in Addon-Discussions :P

42 minutes ago, tjt said:

My Solar Panels quit working after I installed Kopernicus along with Outer Planets last night. A quick web search showed that this bug has been a problem in the past but I thought it was fixed.

I tested at various locations including: KSC launch pad, LKO, HKO, Minmus and Mun orbits. I installed using CKAN by selecting Outer Planets and letting CKAN force the other necessary mods. Happy to provide any files that you need.

thanks!

16 minutes ago, Xilis said:

I did some digging and found that the version for the Modular Flight Integrator mod required by Kopernicus is 1.1.3 on Ckan but the current version is 1.1.5. I installed the version off the forum and the panels now work fine. so the version that Ckan installs is a version that's not working with KSP 1.1.3 and needs to be updated.

Oh dear, another CKAN install problem just when they're in the news.  Kopernicus has never used version 1.1.3 of MFI, it started using version 1.1.4 and updated to 1.1.5 shortly after.  There was also a bug in Kopernicus with solar panels but this has been fixed in the latest version (1.1.2).

Until it's sorted out I would recommend you don't try to use CKAN to install Kopernicus.  Instead, follow the very simple instructions in the OP of this thread and install version 1.1.2 manually.  This includes the correct version of MFI and has a number of other fixes besides the solar panels.

40 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

CKAN seems to be shipping a version of MFI that had a critical bug, which kills solar panels.
I specifically fixed that bug for Kopernicus.

Thanks for the great work!

Just squad folder, fresh kopernicus 1.1.2, mfi 115 - put something at launch pad, return to space center - endless NRE spam  

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    InternalSpace.InternalToWorld (Quaternion internalSpaceRotation)
    InternalSpace.WorldToInternal (Quaternion worldSpaceRotation)
    IVASun.LateUpdate ()

:(

2 hours ago, Padishar said:

Oh dear, another CKAN install problem just when they're in the news.  Kopernicus has never used version 1.1.3 of MFI, it started using version 1.1.4 and updated to 1.1.5 shortly after.  There was also a bug in Kopernicus with solar panels but this has been fixed in the latest version (1.1.2).

Until it's sorted out I would recommend you don't try to use CKAN to install Kopernicus.  Instead, follow the very simple instructions in the OP of this thread and install version 1.1.2 manually.  This includes the correct version of MFI and has a number of other fixes besides the solar panels.

ummm..I'm relatively new and just reading up on issues with CKAN. Didn't mean to make the newbie mistake of assuming the bug was in the mod when it was really in the app managing my mods..sorry  :/

This came just in time. I was about to start my new mod with outer planets and stars. Although i have very little clue on how to make stars so if anyone can help on how to make stars, i would appreciate it.

53 minutes ago, SAS123 said:

This came just in time. I was about to start my new mod with outer planets and stars. Although i have very little clue on how to make stars so if anyone can help on how to make stars, i would appreciate it.

I believe it is similar to a gas giant with a sun template. I know there is a working blue star example in the Kopernicus examples. or you can look at a config in a mod that adds stars like galactic neighborhood 

Edited by Kepler68

12 hours ago, Padishar said:

With respect, I've never gone anywhere near CKAN and still managed to install the incorrect version of MFI, either from Kopernicus or FAR, and suffered the same solar panel bug.

5 hours ago, SAS123 said:

Make an object with a sun template and change the description as usual, then give it an orbit. And done!

If you want to alter the light colors:

ScaledVersion
        {
            Light
			{
				sunlightColor = 1,0,1,1
				scaledSunlightColor = 1,0,1,1
				IVASunColor = 1,0,1,1
				ambientLightColor = 0.06,0.02,0.06,1
				sunLensFlareColor = 1,0,1,1
			}
            Material
            {
                emitColor0 = 0.500,0.250,0.500,1.0
                emitColor1 = 0.7,0.5,0.7,1.0
                sunspotColor = 1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
                rimColor = 0.5,0.1,0.5,1.0
            }
            Coronas
            {
                Corona
                {
                    rotation = 0
                    speed = -1
                    updateInterval = 5
                    scaleLimitX = 5
                    scaleLimitY = 5
                    scaleSpeed = 0.007
                    Material
                    {
                        texture = SPE/Textures/GNCorona
                        inverseFade = 2.553731
                    }
                }
                Corona
                {
                    rotation = 0
                    speed = 1
                    updateInterval = 5
                    scaleLimitX = 5
                    scaleLimitY = 5
                    scaleSpeed = 0.009
                    Material
                    {
                        inverseFade = 2.553731
                    }
                }
            }
        }

Just give the color entires any color you wish.

3 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Make an object with a sun template and change the description as usual, then give it an orbit. And done!

If you want to alter the light colors:

ScaledVersion
        {
            Light
			{
				sunlightColor = 1,0,1,1
				scaledSunlightColor = 1,0,1,1
				IVASunColor = 1,0,1,1
				ambientLightColor = 0.06,0.02,0.06,1
				sunLensFlareColor = 1,0,1,1
			}
            Material
            {
                emitColor0 = 0.500,0.250,0.500,1.0
                emitColor1 = 0.7,0.5,0.7,1.0
                sunspotColor = 1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
                rimColor = 0.5,0.1,0.5,1.0
            }
            Coronas
            {
                Corona
                {
                    rotation = 0
                    speed = -1
                    updateInterval = 5
                    scaleLimitX = 5
                    scaleLimitY = 5
                    scaleSpeed = 0.007
                    Material
                    {
                        inverseFade = 2.553731
                    }
                }
                Corona
                {
                    rotation = 0
                    speed = 1
                    updateInterval = 5
                    scaleLimitX = 5
                    scaleLimitY = 5
                    scaleSpeed = 0.009
                    Material
                    {
                        inverseFade = 2.553731
                    }
                }
            }
        }

Just give the color entires any color you wish.

7 hours ago, Kepler68 said:

I believe it is similar to a gas giant with a sun template. I know there is a working blue star example in the Kopernicus examples. or you can look at a config in a mod that adds stars like galactic neighborhood 

Thankyou both. I know months ago i said i was going to make a mod and i didn't. This time i will be making one.

46 minutes ago, SAS123 said:

Thankyou both. I know months ago i said i was going to make a mod and i didn't. This time i will be making one.

Great! I'm looking forward to seeing what you can come up with. If you need help (or would like to collaborate, I don't have time next week but after that I'm happy to help in any way I can), just shoot me a PM.

11 hours ago, Sandworm said:

With respect, I've never gone anywhere near CKAN and still managed to install the incorrect version of MFI, either from Kopernicus or FAR, and suffered the same solar panel bug.

It was probably FAR, still including the previous version of MFI.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.