[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

@Sigma88    I can second the solar power issue, just did test as well,   I think the issue is the "sun" being renamed is not matching up with the game code.     this in turn is making the star appear as a planet in code and the star essentially is blocked by itself so all Solar panels will not gain power.     it's probably a simple configuration issue but got no idea where to look for "Suncatcher"

33 minutes ago, NemesisBosseret said:

@Sigma88    I can second the solar power issue, just did test as well,   I think the issue is the "sun" being renamed is not matching up with the game code.     this in turn is making the star appear as a planet in code and the star essentially is blocked by itself so all Solar panels will not gain power.     it's probably a simple configuration issue but got no idea where to look for "Suncatcher"

But the stocksun does work and It got another name ... In Kerbol Starsystem, the sun kerbin orbits isn't the stocksun. The stars based on the template sun don't work. I tested other starsystem mods and they have all the same issue.

Edited by StarCrusher96

It's a script / formula bug.     where ever the script that calls on solar distance from star to run its formula is not req that kerbol is the star.    if there is a way to alter the path and rewrite it's location or alter the original fornula/script to use that star as its focal point then it would work,    theoretically you could add multiples but this might be game breaking or altering squads original game files

18 minutes ago, NemesisBosseret said:

the name shouldn't be an issue. the center of the galaxy needs to be named "Sun" because KSP.

but you can use cbNameLater so that ingame it looks like it has a different name.

stars were fixed before 1.2 released, probably something changed and kopernicus needs to be updated.

I have no knowledge of that part of the code, so we'll need to wait for thomas to figure this one out.

I was bored so tonight started looking into it.       did you guys get it so you could use multiple stars as a source of solar power back in 1.0.4?

5 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

the name shouldn't be an issue. the center of the galaxy needs to be named "Sun" because KSP.

but you can use cbNameLater so that ingame it looks like it has a different name.

stars were fixed before 1.2 released, probably something changed and kopernicus needs to be updated.

I have no knowledge of that part of the code, so we'll need to wait for thomas to figure this one out.

And it looks like the script is called Suncatcher lol irony it can't see the sun because it's blocked by a renamed sun...lol   only in ksp lol

6 minutes ago, NemesisBosseret said:

I was bored so tonight started looking into it.       did you guys get it so you could use multiple stars as a source of solar power back in 1.0.4?

And it looks like the script is called Suncatcher lol irony it can't see the sun because it's blocked by a renamed sun...lol   only in ksp lol

yes I think it was when MFI was introduced as a dependancy. that was the time when thomas figured out how to get sunlight from multiple sources.

Edited by Sigma88

Squad probably changed or cleaned something and now the old templates don't match up      ie script goes from sun catcher to Suncatcher or something dumb like that would cause it.    it's probably changing one word or deleting or adding one character lol      

God I love this game,   spend a month to get my mods working ,   speed two weeks getting a space station up in orbit that's huge and amazing in career mode ,   update pushes out or mod updates..... breaks everything lol and back to square one because I forgot to copy over game lol

2 minutes ago, NemesisBosseret said:

Squad probably changed or cleaned something and now the old templates don't match up      ie script goes from sun catcher to Suncatcher or something dumb like that would cause it.    it's probably changing one word or deleting or adding one character lol      

God I love this game,   spend a month to get my mods working ,   speed two weeks getting a space station up in orbit that's huge and amazing in career mode ,   update pushes out or mod updates..... breaks everything lol and back to square one because I forgot to copy over game lol

back when I was playing I was starting KSP not from a shortcut, but from a .bat file that automatically backed-up persistent and quicksave files to a separate folder.

so every time I started KSP I had a new backup stored, (I still have hundreds of them)

you never know what can go wrong :D

Lol the kraken is a good friend of mine.   I used to watch  Scott manly on what to do and watch jack septiceye on what not to do,     and then the kraken would strike and show my efforts where futile..    "nice rocket you got there ,   how about we throw it to jool ,   bounce off layth and finally smash into eve then as you believe ur ok... landing gear fall off lol"

EXC 21:51:29.640] TargetException: Non-static field requires a target
	System.Reflection.MonoField.GetValue (System.Object obj)
	Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.LateUpdate ()

At an absolute loss now...

I have tried many different installs on different drives, Installed from GitHub /  CKAN / Manual CKAN / manual zip / different MM..

Can't get rid of this error that spams my console on entering map mode, approx 60 entries a second. So you can imagine how it effects the game play a bit.

What I don't understand is why I only see 2 reports of this happening.

I just want to try and find what is unique about my KSP install with only Koperncus installed as a MOD that causes this. :mad:

Any any ideas? 

I'm trying to clean up some weirdnesses in EVE and one of them is how with Kopernicus installed the clouds on Kerbin in the main menu get messed up. I think I might have identified the root cause - it's seems Kopernicus (I think) at some point creates a deep copy of the Kerbin GameObject - so all the children are copied (with "(Clone)" at the end, I'm guessing thanks to Unity's Instantiate function). But of course these objects are no longer known to EVE so are not correctly updated. Worse, since the objects appear unclouded, EVE merrily adds (more) clouds, making it worse.

Any suggestions? Currently I'm just ensuring the EVE objects are named uniquely and deleting all objects of those names that end with "(Clone)", but it's pretty ugly.

16 minutes ago, alex_1313 said:

How do i edit the "spaceAltitudeThreshold" for Kerbin?

so providing logs is too difficult, and you just prefere doing that?

that's fine.

the parameter is stored in Body/Properties/ScienceValues/spaceAltitudeThreshold

have fun

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

so providing logs is too difficult, and you just prefere doing that?

that's fine.

the parameter is stored in Body/Properties/ScienceValues/spaceAltitudeThreshold

have fun

I know where to write the values, but i don't know where i need to write the @ sign...

Spoiler

Code : 

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
    @Body[Eve] 
    {
        @Properties
        {

@ScienceValues
		{

@spaceAltitudeThreshold = 290000

}

}
    }
    @Body[Kerbin] 
    {
        @Properties
        {

@ScienceValues
		{

@spaceAltitudeThreshold = 270000

}

}
    }
    @Body[Duna] 
    {
        @Properties
        {

@ScienceValues
		{

@spaceAltitudeThreshold = 250000

}

}
    }
    @Body[Jool] 
    {
        @Properties
        {

@ScienceValues
		{

@spaceAltitudeThreshold = 400000

}

}
    }
    @Body[Laythe] 
    {
        @Properties
        {

@ScienceValues
		{

@spaceAltitudeThreshold = 250000

}

}
    }
}

Is there anything wrong with this code?

I want it to make so when i go above threshold the situation is "In space high above Kerbin" (basicly, i want to edit the threshold).

I released 1.2.1-2 on Github. It should fix the issue with solar panels, and some other issues. Additionally, it contains a lot of new features by @Sigma88

* Added maxZoom setting in Properties, for the Tracking Station
* RDVisibility.HIDDEN now hides only the tagged body 
* Added setting for using a custom Clock formatting, that uses the orbital data of the home body
* Fixes for AtmosphereFromGround and Solar Panels
* Added Null-Checks
* Broke Sigmas Mods (again)

I have the latest version is Kopernicus installed and the game kept claiming it was incompatible, after some messing around, i finally got it to load, but upon any game, there is no space center, just a black screen with options to get to the pause menu only. I don't know which log you want, as there are about 73 in the log folder. I have OPM and Interstellar Adventure Revived installed, which claim to be compatible with each other.  and the latest version of ksp. If you want a different log, ask but here is Kopernicus.log

Spoiler

//===============================================================================================================//
//=====  Kopernicus 1.2.1-2 - (BuildDate: 21.11.2016 10:29:35; AssemblyHash: lLxdQWMhRmvdhfuoqvb2ZZhPkQU=)  =====//
//===============================================================================================================//
[LOG 12:17:59]: Logger "Kopernicus" was created
[LOG 12:17:59]: Injector.Awake(): Begin
[LOG 12:17:59]: Parsing Target name in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (System.String)
[LOG 12:17:59]: Parsing Target timeScale in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 12:17:59]: Parsing Target scale in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 12:17:59]: Parsing Target Epoch in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 12:17:59]: Parsing Target useOnDemand in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 12:17:59]: Parsing Target onDemandLoadOnMissing in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 12:17:59]: Parsing Target onDemandLogOnMissing in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 12:17:59]: Parsing Target onDemandUnloadDelay in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Int32])
[LOG 12:17:59]: Parsing Target mainMenuBody in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (System.String)
[LOG 12:17:59]: Parsing Target maxViewingDistance in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 12:17:59]: Parsing Target scaledSpaceFaderMult in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 12:17:59]: Parsing Target useKopernicusTime in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 12:17:59]: Parsing Target KopernicusTime in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.ClockLoader)
[LOG 12:17:59]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Sun
[LOG 12:17:59]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Moho
[LOG 12:17:59]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Eve
[LOG 12:18:00]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Gilly
[LOG 12:18:00]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Kerbin
[LOG 12:18:00]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Mun
[LOG 12:18:00]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Minmus
[LOG 12:18:00]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Duna
[LOG 12:18:01]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Ike
[LOG 12:18:01]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Dres
[LOG 12:18:01]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Jool
[LOG 12:18:01]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Laythe
[LOG 12:18:01]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Vall
[LOG 12:18:02]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Tylo
[LOG 12:18:02]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Bop
[LOG 12:18:02]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Pol
[LOG 12:18:03]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Eeloo
[LOG 12:18:03]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Barcelon
[LOG 12:18:03]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Cervantes
[LOG 12:18:04]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Darani
[LOG 12:18:04]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Dulcinea
[LOG 12:18:04]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Ehwaz
[LOG 12:18:04]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Elastro
[LOG 12:18:05]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Elicio
[LOG 12:18:05]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Galatea
[LOG 12:18:05]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Kalley
[LOG 12:18:05]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Lamancha
[LOG 12:18:06]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Morena
[LOG 12:18:06]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Pegsos
[LOG 12:18:06]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Quijote
[LOG 12:18:07]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Rocinante
[LOG 12:18:07]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Sancho
[LOG 12:18:07]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Brigid
[LOG 12:18:07]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Ceo
[LOG 12:18:08]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Ceus
[LOG 12:18:08]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: K2-3
[LOG 12:18:08]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Phocys
[LOG 12:18:08]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: 296b
[LOG 12:18:08]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Kepler-296
[LOG 12:18:08]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Kepler-296A
[LOG 12:18:08]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Kepler-296B
[LOG 12:18:08]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Amphion
[LOG 12:18:08]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Egeria
[LOG 12:18:08]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Eotia
[LOG 12:18:09]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Kokksaut
[LOG 12:18:09]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Kolasi
[LOG 12:18:09]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Manius
[LOG 12:18:09]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Nerrivik
[LOG 12:18:10]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Neverita
[LOG 12:18:10]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Niobe
[LOG 12:18:10]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: NK-1
[LOG 12:18:10]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: NK-2
[LOG 12:18:11]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Selphar
[LOG 12:18:11]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Yarku
[LOG 12:18:11]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Theros
[LOG 12:18:11]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: TRAPPIST-1
[LOG 12:18:12]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Nissee
[LOG 12:18:13]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Thatmo
[LOG 12:18:13]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Neidon
[LOG 12:18:14]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Plock
[LOG 12:18:14]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Sarnus
[LOG 12:18:14]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Urlum
[LOG 12:18:16]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Karen
[LOG 12:18:16]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Hale
[LOG 12:18:16]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Ovok
[LOG 12:18:17]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Slate
[LOG 12:18:17]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Tekto
[LOG 12:18:18]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Polta
[LOG 12:18:19]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Priax
[LOG 12:18:20]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Tal
[LOG 12:18:21]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Wal
[LOG 12:18:21]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Asteroid: Stock
[LOG 12:18:22]: [Kopernicus] RuntimeUtility Started
[LOG 12:18:22]: StarLightSwitcher.Awake(): Begin
[LOG 12:20:03]: Injector.OnDestroy(): Complete

Me again :(

Observing tons of log spam already during loading.

Completely clean install, just Kopernicus 1.2.1-2 and MFI 1.2.2 (from the download), as well as module manager 2.7.4 present (anyway completely stock no patch ist applied anywhere).

This repeats hundreds of times for me in the output_log:

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
  at System.Linq.Check.SourceAndPredicate (System.Object source, System.Object predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.All[KopernicusStar] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.GetNearest (.CelestialBody body) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Log: https://paste.ee/p/setTl

Edited by TheDog
added log

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.