[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

19 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

I think it's a LoadOnDemand conflict with Scatterer. Pinging @Thomas P. because he knows more about OnDemandLoading than I do.

Not a huge issue because it just dies when i try to exit ksp ,kinda like its screaming at me "no no dont turn us off you dont need sleep for work"... Lol as im trying to close the game at 2 am when i get up at 5am lol.        Ya know thinking about it , it could also be cuz i got reaserch bodies installed....  Not 100% sure but know JPLREPO is working on patching it, and its white... Not sure how distant object and RB with scatter and svt/sve all mesh or how one loads to a priority over the other and when it calls for it.....    Its weird.   I got a few ctd logs i can load up this weekend if anyone wants to look at them... Again not really huge issue game play wise unless i get the windows 10 version of the blue screen of death lol

12 hours ago, aluc24 said:

Hey, @Thomas P. , @Sigma88 , have you been able to track down the issue behind these massive FPS losses that I and @LordAssault reported?

I'm curious, might it be an issue similar to that? https://www.reddit.com/r/CitiesSkylinesModding/comments/2zk3ys/bordercities_2_edge_detection_done_right/cpjnweb/ :/

Because it was quite same, without many mods you didn't notice any performance impact, but with heavy mod load order it was terrible...

Edited by LordAssault

I had installed the current Scatterer and maybe current Kopernicus in my low mod-count testing game, entered the Tracking Station and started time warping (testing asteroid spawn). My computer locked up like anyone having an allergic reaction to seafood or latex. :sealed: I had to cold reset and revert/remove Scatterer right away.

20 minutes ago, LordAssault said:

I'm curious, might it be an issue similar to that? https://www.reddit.com/r/CitiesSkylinesModding/comments/2zk3ys/bordercities_2_edge_detection_done_right/cpjnweb/ :/

Because it was quite same, without many mods you didn't notice any performance impact, but with heavy mod load order it was terrible...

Fps loss could be a result of sub par processor or graphics cards

Im running a gen 1 I7 processor with a GTX 960 MSI graphics card thats overclocked.   

My graphics run smooth but on complex objects aka 200 part count fps drops from my cpu trying to compute all the physics.    Could be the issue

5 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I had installed the current Scatterer and maybe current Kopernicus in my low mod-count testing game, entered the Tracking Station and started time warping (testing asteroid spawn). My computer locked up like anyone having an allergic reaction to seafood or latex. :sealed: I had to cold reset and revert/remove Scatterer right away.

Running heavily modded career game with 140+ mods 2 massive planet packs with scatter, svt,sve D.O. tac ls reaserch bodies, remote tech and a gazillion parts packs and typical stuff people say crash there game like extra planetary launch pads...ive had 4 CTD's getting it tweaked right and now is running fine, ur best bet is to check ur log file and post ur log files from both crash , ur ksp log etc.    Start digging thru them urself and it will save you the run around trying to find the issue.     Its most likely not scatter or kopernicus.   Its probably a memory leak or obsolete mod ur running

...... Just saying.... If there is a way to kill ur computer with ksp.... Or burn up hard drives.   Fry ur ram...  Break ur os.     Ive probably done it by now lol

1 minute ago, NemesisBosseret said:

Fps loss could be a result of sub par processor or graphics cards

Im running a gen 1 I7 processor with a GTX 960 MSI graphics card thats overclocked.   

My graphics run smooth but on complex objects aka 200 part count fps drops from my cpu trying to compute all the physics.    Could be the issue

FPS loss appears at KSC :P More detailed explanation 2 pages ago.

18 minutes ago, NemesisBosseret said:

Running heavily modded career game with 140+ mods 2 massive planet packs with scatter, svt,sve D.O. tac ls reaserch bodies, remote tech and a gazillion parts packs and typical stuff people say crash there game like extra planetary launch pads...ive had 4 CTD's getting it tweaked right and now is running fine, ur best bet is to check ur log file and post ur log files from both crash , ur ksp log etc.    Start digging thru them urself and it will save you the run around trying to find the issue.     Its most likely not scatter or kopernicus.   Its probably a memory leak or obsolete mod ur running

I have some insight into understanding the log files. But the thing is I always have Kopernicus and Scatterer (0.02x) installed. I've installed current Scatterer before and didn't encounter much more than a little extra performance hit but I stay with older Scatterer because while I need visual mods, I need FPS more. But what I just described happened while juggling Kopernicus versions along with Scatterer and testing for asteroids (a Kopernicus asteroids config, not a config for the revived Custom Asteroids mod), which happen to be featured in the NRE as linked by @LordAssault. I even met the FPS loss at KSC screen in my very brief time between it showing up and getting into the tracking station to warp.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

9 minutes ago, LordAssault said:

FPS loss appears at KSC :P More detailed explanation 2 pages ago.

Im going to give some probably bad advice.... Lol or get yelled at for giving it

DELETE CKAN 

From my personal experience ckan caused 90% of my issues.   Its probably all F ed up installs of the mods.   Any large or mildly large install of mod lists aka 30 to 200 you should manually do them follow directions to the letter and research each mod before you install it on its current status.      Ive been much better off doing manual anyways and in my troubleshooting over the past two years if not more, doing it urself and following directions then testing every 10 or so mods then back track to find incompatibles once you get a snag in sand box you will find the bugger.....  

From that log looks like kopernicus is trying to find missing files like astroid day or maybe two mix matched configs.     I had a huge pletheta of issues if the mod maker moves or sets config to rename/ move kerbol(sun)        you need a full ksp log.    And have one of the geniuses(mod devs/gods of ksp) dig thru it all.      Maybe offer them slave labor... Or cookies. Lol

1 minute ago, NemesisBosseret said:

Im going to give some probably bad advice.... Lol or get yelled at for giving it

DELETE CKAN 

From my personal experience ckan caused 90% of my issues.   Its probably all F ed up installs of the mods.   Any large or mildly large install of mod lists aka 30 to 200 you should manually do them follow directions to the letter and research each mod before you install it on its current status.      Ive been much better off doing manual anyways and in my troubleshooting over the past two years if not more, doing it urself and following directions then testing every 10 or so mods then back track to find incompatibles once you get a snag in sand box you will find the bugger.....  

From that log looks like kopernicus is trying to find missing files like astroid day or maybe two mix matched configs.     I had a huge pletheta of issues if the mod maker moves or sets config to rename/ move kerbol(sun)        you need a full ksp log.    And have one of the geniuses(mod devs/gods of ksp) dig thru it all.      Maybe offer them slave labor... Or cookies. Lol

Well, I can try to install all manually :D But that's a hell bunch of a mods... Usually, I'm too lazy... But in terms of testing, I'll do a full manual installation. CYA in few hours :D

Just to clarify, can I use mods downloaded by CKAN for manual installation, or should I download them manually too? :/

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I have some insight into understanding the log files. But the thing is I always have Kopernicus and Scatterer (0.02x) installed. I've installed current Scatterer before and didn't encounter much more than a little extra performance hit but I stay with older Scatterer because while I need visual mods, I need FPS more. But what I just described happened while juggling Kopernicus versions along with Scatterer and testing for asteroids (a Kopernicus asteroids config, not a config for the revived Custom Asteroids mod), which happen to be featured in the NRE as linked by @LordAssault. I even met the FPS loss at KSC screen in my very brief time between it showing up and getting into the tracking station to warp.

On game start up check ur scatter settings....    As bone head as this might sound in this new 1.2.2 version of ksp ive had a few oddities aka remote tech ,    my mission control multipler set itself to zero on loading seti config.     But reset to 1 on RT config.      Nothing in seti config that would do this either ... Really weird.     Another weird thing... Check kop planet config.   Cross check with custom astroid config..         Something is prob jacked up in there and ur old version of scatter might not be compatible with new version.   Id ask galilio   

Just now, LordAssault said:

Well, I can try to install all manually :D But that's a hell bunch of a mods... Usually, I'm too lazy... But in terms of testing, I'll do a full manual installation. CYA in few hours :D

Just to clarify, can I use mods downloaded by CKAN for manual installation, or should I download them manually too? :/

Id go to every mod post manually and if need be github.     Check forms etc.   Ckan last i used it was pulling from kerbalstuff after it died and went to spacedock and back to curse.   Even avc does this time to time.      If u do it right see you in a few days maybe a week depending if you work alot like me lol.     Its going to take you awhile.       My current build has taken me almost a full month now

...... @LordAssault if you think this is bad try getting RSS/rp-0 with expanded solar systems with tweakscale etc ..    I gave up lol.   I got to the point i got to space and held a stable orbit. ..    Glitches from that point on where relentless and my hard drive with ksp and my os took a dive

12 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Hey all,

So with no planet mods and with SVE, I get a solid 60fps. 

With Kopernicus I drop to between 30 and 40 fps.  Note this is still without any planets, and I have similar behavior with and without scatterer.

Thoughts?

Same here, 144fps SOLID without Kopernicus but drops to 30 - 50 ish with it installed... and my machine is a beast!

I love Kopernicus, planet mods, and SVE too much to give them up though.

Edited by TheKurgan

Hey! I'm having some issues with pixelated terrain when I have high deformities, and there's no way for me to fix it. I'm trying to get the terrain on a planet to be smooth but with high mountains.

Is there a PQSMod which will smooth the terrain, or at least a PQSMod that will help me with this?

there's a bug i've been having and i'm not sure if it's kopernicus or what, but it's persisted a while across a number of circumstances.  basically, whenever a planet pack uses laythe as a template, the ASL pressure is listed in-game as being that of laythe, (i.e. 0.6atm), regardless of what the actual values are.  i thought this was exclusive to new horizons, but i've since started a new save with the extrasolar pack and the same is occuring.  i can't recall when i first noticed it but it was a couple months (and kopernicus versions) ago.  any ideas about what might be causing this? it's a bit irritating not having that handy reference in-game.  all other values are correct; it's just the pressure.

t8VwHaD.png

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 4:54 AM, The White Guardian said:

Hmm... I smell a LoadOnDemand issue... are you using Scatterer by chance?

GIMP has a downloadable plugin for that. Alternatively there is this:

http://cpetry.github.io/NormalMap-Online/

I don't have GIMP.

I have used the website before and it works fine, but when I export the normal map (from normalmap online) it just gives me a blank image (white in PNG and Black in JPG)

On 2/24/2017 at 0:54 AM, NemesisBosseret said:

DELETE CKAN 

From my personal experience....

- SNIP - 

I have never used CKAN and do all my 60+ mods manually.  It takes time but I must say over the last 2 years of playing Kerbal, I have had a few issues, but like you say....just follow the install instructions and you are usually fine.  I have never had a problem I couldn't fix (so far O Gods of the Krakken).  

I guess I am a control freak but having lurked thru the forums and read of all the issues with CKAN from modders and users, I am happy to keep it manual....plus it is funner.  Yeah, it takes time, but I keep an Excel spread sheet with all my mods for easier tracking/updating.

Cheers.

Edited by Red Stapler

6 hours ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

I don't have GIMP.

I have used the website before and it works fine, but when I export the normal map (from normalmap online) it just gives me a blank image (white in PNG and Black in JPG)

Can't help you there, I don't use that website.

GIMP all the way for me. :D It's free of charge too!

Is there any way to make a Dyson Sphere like object using Kopernicus? I was thinking one could make a white dwarf star with a radius close to Kerbin's, and then around it is a Jool-sized planet. That would put the star inside a shell, but how would one put a terrain _inside_, and how would you get in?

21 minutes ago, seanth said:

Is there any way to make a Dyson Sphere like object using Kopernicus? I was thinking one could make a white dwarf star with a radius close to Kerbin's, and then around it is a Jool-sized planet. That would put the star inside a shell, but how would one put a terrain _inside_, and how would you get in?

you can make dyson spheres pretty easily in kopernicus.

but you can't go inside them :D

3 minutes ago, AceCrafted said:

Is it possible to get the KSC to show up when you move it to another star?

Ive tried just moving it and ive tried recreating it around a new star but the KSC wont show up

We've been dealing with this in the To Boldly Go mod/app. It was suggested that we include

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
 @Body[Kerbin]
 {
     PostSpawnOrbit
     {
            referenceBody = Kerbol
     }
 }
}

Which works, but we see terrain glitches: buildings partly burried in the ground, flags completely spazzing out. For me, that goes away if I go into the SPH or VAB, put a part of the runway/launch pad, and then recover the part.

After that the space center seems fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.