[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

So when I edit a planet with KittopiaTech, I found the save file in Kopernicus/Cache. But it's a .bin File, which I've tried to open with about six different programs to no avail. How do I access the planets I've edited so I can actually use the configs that kittopia has created?

17 minutes ago, fenderzilla said:

So when I edit a planet with KittopiaTech, I found the save file in Kopernicus/Cache. But it's a .bin File, which I've tried to open with about six different programs to no avail. How do I access the planets I've edited so I can actually use the configs that kittopia has created?

Press "Export Body" on the bottom of the body editor window and take a look at GameData/KittopiaTech/PluginData/<body name>/<timestamp>/<body name>.cfg

@Thomas P. Thanks for keeping this alive and kicking. Just got it up an running on a new 1.4.5 build. Really pleased at how fast you got the early 1.4.5 quirks corrected. Not sure I would even play this game if it weren't for Kopernicus.

:)

12 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

Unfortunately, I cannot find any issues in your cfg.. I also have no idea why the bug you described occurs. :/

Oddly enough, I also had this exact same bug in I believe 1.4 or 1.4.1 with Sigma Dimensions and Galileos 2.5x Rescale Config. So it doesnt seem like its related to either SD or RescaleZ, but possibly to any rescale method. But it only happened once and I could never reproduce, so I didnt report it.

Peace

TK

Edited by Tiankay

37 minutes ago, Cyrus Playz said:

Can anyone have some attention on me?kittopia doesn't export textures

Hey! These are all very considerate, helpful and generous people here. But you tend to get ignored, if you fail to make a proper bug report. Your quite nonsensical one sentence statements are not helpful for the devs to identify what kind of problem you seem to have. Now I have the impression that English is not your first language. In that case, why don't you try and use tools like Google Translator (link follows). While the end result is not always Shakespear, IMHO it does a good enough job that folks like us can make heads or tails out of what you want to say.

https://translate.google.de/

On top of that, please (!) follow the instructions of the following link on how to file a proper bug report!

Thank you for your consideration!

2 hours ago, Cyrus Playz said:

:(

then I will never get helped !!!!

That is simply not true! I have never seen anyone left in the dark, who posted legible and sensible bug reports. Just try it, you'll see.

PS: But nobody will do your work for you. Helping is one thing, but if you want to mod, you better learn to do it yourself.

Edited by StarStreak2109

hYYaB5V.png

Kopernicus and Kittopia Tech 1.4.5-3, as well as Kopernicus-Backport 1.3.1-12 have been released.

Changelog:

- More fixes to LandControl
- Fixed the custom period setting
- Added the possibility to set a custom orbit icon (`Orbit { iconTexture = ... }`)
- Fixed an issue with the Kittopia exporter that prevented exports on windows. (thanks to Gameslinx for actually sending me a logfile)

On the one hand, if you are having trouble with software, you MUST be able to give the developer as much information as possible, or he/she simply can't help you. That is frustrating for everyone. I know I hate having to collect all that stuff before I contact IT here, or at work, or wherever. But it's just a fact that no one is able to get around. So if the dev asks you for certain info, find it and give it over, or stop using the software. 

On the other hand, please keep in mind that we were all newbies at one time, that not everyone here speaks English as a native language, and that the cartoonish aspects of KSP draw younger people to the game and to the forum. There's no call for being grouchy with them. Please just hit the report button and let us moderators deal with it. 

With these points in mind, one or two posts have been removed from this thread. Now please remember that you're all trying to work together to make the game more enjoyable. 

b07PdES.png

And we have Kopernicus & Kittopia 1.4.5-4 (+ Kopernicus-Backport 1.3.1-13) which should fix even more issues with LandControl (some of them were introduced by the last release), which mainly caused this:

screenshot1.png

@Drew Kerman I am not sure, but it looks like your issue could have been caused by the same bug, so there is a chance that 1.4.5-4 fixes it.

13 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

b07PdES.png

And we have Kopernicus & Kittopia 1.4.5-4 (+ Kopernicus-Backport 1.3.1-13) which should fix even more issues with LandControl (some of them were introduced by the last release), which mainly caused this:

screenshot1.png

@Drew Kerman I am not sure, but it looks like your issue could have been caused by the same bug, so there is a chance that 1.4.5-4 fixes it.

Rofl, I had that problem a couple days ago and assumed I had a bad visual enhancement mod.....

Okies, so will CKAN take a while to get updated as well, because it is still showing the prior version (I think).....or do they have to be updated incrementally? i.e. Update to 1.4.5-3 THEN CKAN will update the mod to 1.4.5-4?

26 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

I am not sure, but it looks like your issue could have been caused by the same bug, so there is a chance that 1.4.5-4 fixes it.

I will let you know in a few minutes. Installed the new release and loading up now...

Confirmed, works! Thanks for the quick fix

Edited by Drew Kerman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.