[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

55 minutes ago, daniel l. said:

How do i make lava oceans that glow in the dark?

Instal kerbal galaxy and in the planet config find Phoenix and look trough it's code because it has lava oceans. I dont know how to make rocky planets personaly. I have made two suns and a gasgigant no planets :(

Edited by WolfyAnimations

1 hour ago, Berlin said:

There's your issue.  Especially for helplessly long mod lists.  SVE has an issue with ckan at the moment and is causing some wierd things to happen like minus disappearing. My suggestion is to install your visual enhancement mods manually. OPM,  also if not installed correctly alongside sve,  will cause issues too. Ckan is not the way to go if you want to smoosh a bunch of mods together and hope they work.  Try it manually,  that way you will have some idea of where the issues lay

Ok, I'll try installing manually all SVE and OPM and see how it goes. I'll keep you posted.

*** EDIT ***

It was a issue with SVE. Thanks for the answer.

Bee good

*** END OF EDIT ***

Edited by ezequielandrush

On 7/23/2016 at 4:43 PM, Darth_Drafter said:

Can you elaborate?  Did you have two Kopernicus versions installed at the same time?  I have been trying to use KSP 1.1.3 with the most up to date Kopernicus, Galactic Neighborhood and several planet packs; but I have, like you, been getting dark planets.  Kerbin, Duna, Laythe and Jool all go black.  Strangely Eve is sometimes immune which confuses me as all the affected planets/moons are ones with cloud layers.  Googling scatterer or kopernicus with 'black planet' or similar gets me nothing.  The exact same game with kopernicus but no galactic content works fine too.

I had Kopernicus and Kopernicus-master, I deleted the Kopernicus-master folder and it fixed it.

On 7/25/2016 at 1:50 AM, Waxing_Kibbous said:

Hey all, quick question: what value do I need to modify to change a planet's position on it's orbit when a new game starts?

Sorry but no it's not possible as you need to restart the game so that it refreshes and gives you the new properties that you put in

Btw sort off those things on the bottom I don't know how to delete them

6 minutes ago, Hury said:
6 minutes ago, Hury said:

Tried loading a few planet packs.  Initially had tons of mods, figured I'd go with a clean install and see what was going on.  Problem continues.  Only Kopernicus and a planet pack (tried a couple, same result).

It refuses to load, sitting there and spinning with the following repeated infinitely in the log:

[EXC 00:24:45.770] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate ()

1.1.3 KSP/Kopernicus.  Linux Mint.

Ideas?

Cheers,

-BS

I love Kopernicus and the option to add planet packs, but I really don't like the fact that it changes the iconic menu scenes of Kerbin and/or the Mun, to other planets. Is there a way to disable that feature, so the menu just displays Kerbin and the Mun as normal? I haven't even been to the other planets it displays, and consider it kind of a spoiler. It's demotivating, as part of the fun of going to them will be to see them up close at last, which the menu shots steal from me. :(

I've searched the thread, but all I've found are some very vague instructions I don't understand about how to -add- planets to the random selection. I just want it to not screw with the menu at all. Can that be done easily?

31 minutes ago, FirroSeranel said:

I love Kopernicus and the option to add planet packs, but I really don't like the fact that it changes the iconic menu scenes of Kerbin and/or the Mun, to other planets. Is there a way to disable that feature, so the menu just displays Kerbin and the Mun as normal? I haven't even been to the other planets it displays, and consider it kind of a spoiler. It's demotivating, as part of the fun of going to them will be to see them up close at last, which the menu shots steal from me. :(

I've searched the thread, but all I've found are some very vague instructions I don't understand about how to -add- planets to the random selection. I just want it to not screw with the menu at all. Can that be done easily?

Yes. In a few simple steps you can change it back to Kerbin (or any other planet):

Step 1. Copy a .cfg file from any mod

Step 2. Open it with Notepad or better, Notepad ++ and delete everything inside.

Step 3. Paste in the following code:

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	%mainMenuBody = Kerbin
}

Step 4. (optional) Make a folder named MainMenuLock and place the config inside. Give the config a name, like MainMenuFix.

This should work, let me know if it does/doesn't.

On July 24, 2016 at 7:50 PM, Waxing_Kibbous said:

Hey all, quick question: what value do I need to modify to change a planet's position on it's orbit when a new game starts?

meanAnomolyAtEpoch. it is under orbits node and behaves identically to the one in hyper edit.

On July 28, 2016 at 5:20 PM, Hury said:

Can I somehow see immediately in-game visual change, when I change cfg of planets? That's would be really great if it's possible...

there is an addon called kittopia. there is a link in the OP. its a little buggy right now but it works :). install it like any other mod and control - p to open the window. be warned you will need to manually add the changes to a config or use the save thing on kittopia.

Edited by Kepler68

4 hours ago, Berlin said:

Could someone explain what OnDemand  does? 

I thought i knew but I think I'm wrong. 

Post all that you think you know. It's a lot easier for people to correct where you're wrong then just explain everything

my turn now. I need a hand getting Kerbin's rotation back to the times of old, before the v1.0.5 lock to 6 hours, because frankly having the sun rise and set at the same exact time every day is boring. For some reason this isn't working:

{
  @Body[Kerbin]
  {
    @Properties
    {
      %rotationPeriod = 21599.912014540
    }
  }	
}

I still get a sunset every 6 hours on the dot :/

Edited by Gaiiden

1 hour ago, Gaiiden said:

my turn now. I need a hand getting Kerbin's rotation back to the times of old, before the v1.0.5 lock to 6 hours, because frankly having the sun rise and set at the same exact time every day is boring. For some reason this isn't working:

{
  @Body[Kerbin]
  {
    @Properties
    {
      %rotationPeriod = 21599.912014540
    }
  }	
}

I still get a sunset every 6 hours on the dot :/

kerbin has an option that makes the "rotationPeriod" define the solar day rather than the sideral day.

this means that your patch should set the solar rotation period to a bit less than 6 hours.

the difference is very little, (0.08798545999 seconds) so I highly doubt you can see the difference

you can try a lower number to have an higher rotation speed (makes launches easier) or an higher number to have a lower rotation speed (makes launches harder)

anyways, keep in mind that the number you are setting will define the solar rotation period, rather than the sideral one

6 hours ago, WolfyAnimations said:

You might think I'm stupid for saying this but how do you create a planet. I have been looking everywhere for tutorials or videos but I can't find any or they don't work. Anyone have a solution?

You're not stupid at all, in fact, I respect it that you ask for help rather than diving in head-first and complaining because stuff doesn't work afterwards. It's better to learn slowly and steadily.

I've written several guides on making planets, namely the basics, gas giants, procedrural planets and info on PQSMods.

I've also made a series of videos covering planet creation on my youtube account, but I've also listed them on this website, you can find them here.

If you're looking for some example codes, @KillAshley has made several excellent example configs, they can be found in the OP.

Also, tagging @Thomas P., perhaps it's worth mentioning my guides (written and videos) in the OP to avoid questions like this.

On 7/31/2016 at 0:32 AM, barfing_skull said:

It refuses to load, sitting there and spinning with the following repeated infinitely in the log:

[EXC 00:24:45.770] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate ()

1.1.3 KSP/Kopernicus.  Linux Mint.

Ideas?

Okay, the above behaviour reflects New Horizons.  Again, no mods other than Kopernicus and the planet pack.  I tried Uncharted Lands, and got something slightly different:

[LOG 18:51:10.785] [MFIManager] Current active VesselModule : 
  ModularFI.ModularFlightIntegrator active=True order=0

[EXC 18:51:10.786] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
	System.Linq.Enumerable.First[CelestialBody] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback)
	System.Linq.Enumerable.First[CelestialBody] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
	Kopernicus.Components.KSC.Start ()
[LOG 18:51:10.799] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 18:51:10.802] [Kopernicus]: Post-Spawn
[LOG 18:51:10.802] Found max distance 58802947100.16
[LOG 18:51:10.803] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 18:51:10.805] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 18:51:10.805] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[ERR 18:51:10.810] PSystemSetup: Cannot find PQS of name 'Kerbin'!

[LOG 18:51:10.810] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 18:51:10.818] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 18:51:10.835] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

With the last log line repeated ad nauseam, the game Loading graphic spinning madly.

Any ideas or something else I can provide to help identify what's going on?

Cheers,

-BS

17 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

kerbin has an option that makes the "rotationPeriod" define the solar day rather than the sideral day.

this means that your patch should set the solar rotation period to a bit less than 6 hours.

the difference is very little, (0.08798545999 seconds) so I highly doubt you can see the difference

you can try a lower number to have an higher rotation speed (makes launches easier) or an higher number to have a lower rotation speed (makes launches harder)

anyways, keep in mind that the number you are setting will define the solar rotation period, rather than the sideral one

oh derp I was using the wrong value. Thx I was supposed to be using 21650

On July 31, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Galileo said:

Could someone explain what OnDemand  does? 

I thought i knew but I think I'm wrong. 

On demand loading is a feature in Kopernicus which doesn't load your planets textures into the ram until needed. It is activated by specifying image type and having it in a folder named PluginData. Ex:( blah/hi/PluginData/derpface50.jpg). It's not hard to do and it's really great for those who discovered galactic neighborhood or just use a lot of packs.

2 hours ago, Kepler68 said:

On demand loading is a feature in Kopernicus which doesn't load your planets textures into the ram until needed. It is activated by specifying image type and having it in a folder named PluginData. Ex:( blah/hi/PluginData/derpface50.jpg). It's not hard to do and it's really great for those who discovered galactic neighborhood or just use a lot of packs.

ok that's almost exactly what I was thinking.. So it acts in a way like ATM does correct? If that is the case, if I put that into each planet in my cfgs, would that fix the white kerbin bug that I believe is caused by Kopernicus trying to load the same textures on different bodies? I have tested each mod that adds planet textures and they all result in this when you switch between crafts in orbit.34EpIqN.png

My hope is If I put the UseOnDemand in there, this wont happen as its only loading the textures on an as needed basis. I don't know why I asked I'm just gonna test it anyway :D I guess I need a reassuring voice while I try this lol

Edit: nope still a white kerbin :( 

{
 useOnDemand = true
 }

that's correct, right? /\

The only way I have found to "fix" this is to start your game by initially choosing your ship from the tracking station. doing that, I have yet to get a white kerbin.

another way to get rid of the white kerbin is to go into map mode in flight and toggle through all of the bodies until you end up back at kerbin. the textures load then.

its just strange that only kerbin is affected by this "bug" I don't know what else to call it. Kopernicus just wont load the color or normal map.

@Thomas P. any clue?

Edited by Galileo

3 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

@Galileo Let me quote Sarbians signature

I have determined this is a conflict between scatterer and kopernicus.
the logs below are with SVT, Kopernicus, and Scatterer installed only

*I should note, this bug doesn't happen without scatterer. I also posted this issue on the scatterer thread*

You can replicate the bug by following these steps:

1. Put a vessel into orbit.
  2. Quit game.
  3. Load game and open a ship on the Launchpad
  4. Press M (go into map mode) and switch to the ship that you put into orbit earlier
  5. set your gaze to Kerbin and behold the snowball

https://www.dropbox.com/s/itkzz3ffgvnxi67/output_log.txt?dl=0

don't know if you need this, but here is the kopernicus logs
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wui76ny6dr3gg7s/Kopernicus.zip?dl=0

Edited by Galileo

I cant see any Kopernicus errors in the logs, but IIRC Scatterer uses the normal maps of the planets. As you have OnDemand loading enabled, theese normal maps dont exist and scatterer might have caused the issue.

You should try to add this to the Kopernicus node in System.cfg: useOnDemand = false and if the error still occurs, you should report this to the scatterer dev.

16 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

You should try to add this to the Kopernicus node in System.cfg: useOnDemand = false and if the error still occurs, you should report this to the scatterer dev.

ok tried that and the problem persists. Ill take the issue to scatterer.

Thanks for the help!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.