[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

A fair number of posts have been trimmed from this thread. 

Modmakers update when they have time and when they feel like it. 

Asking over and over for updates does not encourage them, and in fact, tends to make them feel harassed. 

Also, please do not reply to update requests, because that just adds even more off-topic posts to the thread for others to have to click past. Just hit the report button on the post and let we moderators deal with it. 

On 5/26/2016 at 0:52 PM, Thomas P. said:

Some nostalgic words
This last year was really incredible for me. It is really awesome to see how ethusiastic this little community sometimes is, and how much efford people put into planet making. As a person that is normally only sitting in front of it's code and doing his own thing, it is an undescribeable experience to see that people enjoy the stuff I enjoy making. Especially as I don't get any material benefit from my work (nobody clicks on my donate button, lol :D), nor did I plan to maintain it that long. When I started working on Kopernicus, it was far from useable. A lot of features that are used often theese days were non-existant back then, like collideable scatters, PQSMod support, Oceans, OnDemand, Stars, Rings, Particles, and and and. As noone had the time or the experience to take over the development of Kopernicus, hacky solutions like KopernicusTech or Kopernicus Core appeared, that used Kopernicus to create the planets and third party mods to alter them. While it worked, it was very clumsy, and one of the reasons why I decided to start working on Kopernicus, at least until it had a working PQSLoader => I wanted to make planets (very crappy ones tbh.) again.

I wanted to say thank you for all you've contributed to the KSP community. It is easy to under-value it, but when a new update comes out, and there is a gap of time awaiting this mod to be updated, it becomes very clear how much this adds to my experience.

I struggle financially working several jobs to support a family, and KSP is one of the few affordable bits of entertainment I have - and as much as you deserve to be vastly compensated for all you've done, I sadly cannot do much to remedy that. As my appreciation doesn't help you pay your bills, it feels like a very insufficient offering to make - but thank you very much for the hard work you have given.

4 hours ago, Arcadian Del Sol said:

I wanted to say thank you for all you've contributed to the KSP community. It is easy to under-value it, but when a new update comes out, and there is a gap of time awaiting this mod to be updated, it becomes very clear how much this adds to my experience.

I struggle financially working several jobs to support a family, and KSP is one of the few affordable bits of entertainment I have - and as much as you deserve to be vastly compensated for all you've done, I sadly cannot do much to remedy that. As my appreciation doesn't help you pay your bills, it feels like a very insufficient offering to make - but thank you very much for the hard work you have given.

Don't worry about that, the donation button is only for people that have have plenty of money to spare.

You are not supposed to donate if you have money troubles, as the great CGP-Grey said: https://youtu.be/ElEygXt6UYE?t=49

of course I can only speak for myself, but I am pretty confident thomas' attitude is very close to that.

:)

On 16-10-2016 at 2:11 PM, WolfyAnimations said:

Like will the planet still be red and have caps like duna when I make the no map planet

If you want to keep that, keep the LandControl mod, that's the mod Duna uses for terrain scatters and the terrain colors. :wink:

Also, just a quick question to people who are knowledgeable about Kopernicus, is it possible to make a 'ghost' celestial, ergo, it doesn't show up in the science archives and it cannot be selected in the map view / tracking station?

Just now, The White Guardian said:

Iquick question to people who are knowledgeable about Kopernicus, is it possible to make a 'ghost' celestial, ergo, it doesn't show up in the science archives and it cannot be selected in the map view / tracking station?

I'm also very interested in this idea. Could be possible a ghost object? no visible, no collisions and so on... And if so, could this object use terrain scatters (with collisions)? Sometime ago Waz gave me an an idea for rings with derbis...

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

Also, just a quick question to people who are knowledgeable about Kopernicus, is it possible to make a 'ghost' celestial, ergo, it doesn't show up in the science archives and it cannot be selected in the map view / tracking station?

I did something like this in my planet pack with a small captured asteroid.

All i did was make the body unselectable and changed the orbit line to be transparent. This made it hard to spot and no longer selectable in the tracking station. 

Properties
		{
			selectable = false
        	}

Orbit
		{
			color = 0,0,0,0	
		}

Edited by Galileo

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

All i did was make the body unselectable and changed the orbit line to be transparent. This made it hard to spot and no longer selectable in the tracking station. 

Properties
		{
			selectable = false
        	}

Orbit
		{
			color = 0,0,0,0	
		}

This looks awesome! You could recreate the old magic boulder.

2 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

Using the barycenter = true option in the Body { } node, you can create a truly invisible object btw.

Oh, I didn't even know that existed! :D Thanks, Thomas!

Up until now I made barycenters with a deformed Jool, though it seems true barycenters are possible now! Amazing!

15 hours ago, Galileo said:

Properties
		{
			selectable = false
        	}

Orbit
		{
			color = 0,0,0,0	
		}

That's what I was looking for, thanks!

I released Kopernicus 1.2.0-1 on Github. Links are in the OP, or on google, or on CKAN (In fact I am just lazy).

Changelog:

* Fixed an issue with flare loading
* Fixed ocean detection. Kopernicus doesn't add two oceans anymore
* Brought nonspherical oceans back
* Added noise type parser to VHNVH
* Updated code to work with KSP 1.2.0
* Overhauled RD visibilty settings. You can choose between 3 values for RDVisibility in Properties: HIDDEN (removes entry + all children), NOICON (removes the planet icon) and VISIBLE (well, visible)

Please report all bugs here or on the issue tracker. :)
Most planet packs should work out of the box

Enjoy!

P.S. Before someone complains that the title still says 1.1.3: YES, give me 5 Minutes to update the OP :P

Edited by Thomas P.
My changelog is no HTML

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Well,  there goes my weekend! Any changes need to be made to current cfgs or should they work out of the box? 

5 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

9 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

I released Kopernicus 1.2.0-1 on Github. Links are in the OP, or on google, or on CKAN (In fact I am just lazy).

Changelog:

* Fixed an issue with flare loading
* Fixed ocean detection. Kopernicus doesn't add two oceans anymore
* Brought nonspherical oceans back
* Added noise type parser to VHNVH
* Updated code to work with KSP 1.2.0
* Overhauled RD visibilty settings. You can choose between 3 values for RDVisibility in Properties: HIDDEN (removes entry + all children), NOICON (removes the planet icon) and VISIBLE (well, visible)

Please report all bugs here or on the issue tracker. :)

Enjoy!

P.S. Before someone complains that the title still says 1.1.3: YES, give me 5 Minutes to update the OP :P

Awesome, Thanks for your Work!!

2 minutes ago, bananashavings said:

Sweet! Super excited to try this out. Also, just downloaded from GitHub and it was packaged with ModularFlightIntegrator, is that a dependency?

yep it has been since 1.1

HA this is what i expected! Ill have to figure it out this weekend. Paging Aquaman......
Jq23yqF.png

10 minutes ago, Galileo said:

yep it has been since 1.1

HA this is what i expected! Ill have to figure it out this weekend. Paging Aquaman......

Weird, I just installed your SVE, your SVT with this same latest Kopernicus, in a 1.2. Win10, 64bits, 20 gb ram. I did not got that visual bug. Posting it just in case it helps.

Let the god love my life as much as he wants now, GOD DAMN YES YES YES, thanks man :D

umm ahem, now that i  calmed down, a question, is the bug related to kerbin orbits (when kerbin is not parented to sun) still remains or did squad some how fixed their side of things now?

Edited by Jiraiyah

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.