[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

To ALL Users 

Unless Kopernicus-eers really want solar panels to work, I would suggest using version 1.2.1's Release 1 instead of Release 2. It's only bug is the whole solar-panels-don't-work issue, but there's always...the cheat menu :wink:*. Plus I found out that Kittopia Tech works for it. While there are still bugs with "." and "0", overall Kittopia still functions correctly. I was able to generate a working, custom set of maps for a planet with the plugin just yesterday. I hope this helps some people.

11 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

Before people start freaking out over something that is really simple to solve,

you can download this cfg and put it in your GameData folder, it will make sure you can avoid the AFG bug.

so please don't bother planet pack developers, use this one until they get the time to fix their mods.

Great job, Sigma! :)

*And nuclear isotope generators. Or potatoes. Either one will work.

Edited by ProtoJeb21

7 minutes ago, RealGecko said:

Totally unexpected, but after uninstalling Kopernicus I got ~30% performance boost. Gotta do something with my hardware :confused:

Lol I'm using a gtx 960 Msi board and 16 gigs of ram,     it runs smooth with 87 mods installed ,  including a giant planet pack,  probably a ur drivers or a bad mod

34 minutes ago, zachdogg said:

For clarification, what does AFG stand for

I think Atmosphere From Ground ??

Did you also revert the changes made to lightColor? Because it basically broke every Kopernicus mod out there that adds a custom-colored atmosphere, every atmosphere will have to be updated to AtmosphereFromGround{waveLength} otherwise.

Edited by Voodoo8648

On 11/18/2016 at 8:41 PM, Waz said:

I'm trying to clean up some weirdnesses in EVE and one of them is how with Kopernicus installed the clouds on Kerbin in the main menu get messed up. I think I might have identified the root cause - it's seems Kopernicus (I think) at some point creates a deep copy of the Kerbin GameObject - so all the children are copied (with "(Clone)" at the end, I'm guessing thanks to Unity's Instantiate function). But of course these objects are no longer known to EVE so are not correctly updated. Worse, since the objects appear unclouded, EVE merrily adds (more) clouds, making it worse.

In fact, regardless of EVE, sometimes there are two copies of Kerbin at the main menu. Normally this isn't noticeable since they perfectly overlap - but clouds get lighter and citylights and cloud shadows appear to Z-fight with the extra Kerbin. I have confirmed this with KerbalObjectInspector with today's latest Kopernicus from github.

Edited by Waz

So I have a question, completely unrelated to 1.2 issues (because I just updated to Kopernicus 1.2.1-3) but how do I create planets and all that fancy stuff, if somebody could guide me in the right direction that'd be appreciated.

@Thomas P.    I've got another weird issue,   it's probably just my build and I screwed something up      but I've got no comms station for ksc using remote Tech.      so I got no connection ,   I'm talking to a few guys on remote Tech form and I let starcrusher know for kss.    just wondering if there is something missing with korpinicous or if kerbin being moved with the ksc could effect this.   if you got any ideas please let me know.

46 minutes ago, DerpzGames said:

So I have a question, completely unrelated to 1.2 issues (because I just updated to Kopernicus 1.2.1-3) but how do I create planets and all that fancy stuff, if somebody could guide me in the right direction that'd be appreciated.

You'll probably thank me for this. :wink:

Just now, Thomas P. said:

I made a 1.2.1-3 version on github. It contains the fix for the logspam with exceptions, and for lightColor.

OPM works again. :P

Just so you know, your bundled module manager is still outdated :wink: Thanks for the update!

@The White Guardian I'm having a very hard time lowering oceans, even on planets using Kopernicus example configs. Since you have quite the experience with them (*cough* Cyran *cough*), I'm wondering what line(s) in the config determine whether or not the ocean covers the landmasses. Is ocean height correlated with planetary radius, or is it something I keep looking over?

@The White Guardian @Thomas P.      I'm having issues with korpinicous configs and remote Tech configs not wanting to work or play nice ,   I'm using 1.8.0 RT  and the recent version of korpinicous ,    the problem I'm having is my ground stations spawn not where they are supposed to,   first was on a different planet and I didn't see them at all.        the problem stems from korpinicous add on files use a "flight index number "   exp in kss the number for kerbin is 101,   the sun was 1 and another planet was missing one entirely which caused the stations to spawn there,   we'll I figured ok so change seti/RT config to 101,    doesn't work ,   delete un indexed planet and now spawns on sun.        can someone please help me figure out how I can get this right,   any log or config files you need I'll upload

Disregard I got it

On 21.11.2016 at 10:47 PM, NemesisBosseret said:

Lol I'm using a gtx 960 Msi board and 16 gigs of ram,     it runs smooth with 87 mods installed ,  including a giant planet pack,  probably a ur drivers or a bad mod

my hardware i5 4690k, r9 390x 16gig ram, my fps going down from 60 to 26 with kopernicus. all drivers are new. I disapear. why is this not working. any other ideas?

Just now, M4ssler said:

my hardware i5 4690k, r9 390x 16gig ram, my fps going down from 60 to 26 with kopernicus. all drivers are new. I disapear. why is this not working. any other ideas?

you need to post your logs. Kopernicus log and output log

Edited by Galileo

4 minutes ago, M4ssler said:

definitely not your drivers and not your hardware.

I also have a similar large FPS drop with kopernicus (even without a planet pack). Also heavily modded install, including lots of visual mods (SVE, scatterer). I am completely unable to make out a possible cause, and have just accepted this... (no log spam, no nullrefs, ...)

Out of curiosity:

• what is your physics delta time setting (mine is 0.10)
  • do you have some or all of the following visual mods: sve, scatterer, doe, planetshine

Just now, TheDog said:

I also have a similar large FPS drop with kopernicus (even without a planet pack). Also heavily modded install, including lots of visual mods (SVE, scatterer). I am completely unable to make out a possible cause, and have just accepted this... (no log spam, no nullrefs, ...)

Out of curiosity:

• do you have some or all of the following visual mods: sve, scatterer, doe, planetshine

have you tried running the game without mods and only Kopernicus?

Just now, M4ssler said:

The KSP log isnt the log that is needed.. the one you want is the output log found here   Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64_Data

actualy

7 minutes ago, TheDog said:

Out of curiosity:

my physics delta was default 0.04. change to 0.10 is the same effect.

i have +-100 mods. i installed 4-5 mods, tested fps rate. just this mod brings it down. my visual mods are planet shine and eve. now i uninstalled that 2 mods, but does not help. 28-30 fps again

Now i try run with no mods, just kopernicus, give me a minute

8 minutes ago, Galileo said:

have you tried running the game without mods and only Kopernicus?

yes, the drop is there but not so massive (loosing maybe 15 fps, so from 95 down to 80. this is with only kopernicus and MFI).

as we had discussed my case  2 pages back: I suspect it is a mod interaction, like with DOE or similar. Also, somewhere (OPM? SVE? gotta search for it...) I just recently read that Kopernicus might (accidentally?) doing a deep copy of KSP objects, thus 2 Kerbins exist at the same time. *If* that is true I could imagine that some mods might be confused and maybe do double the work that would be necessary...

Edited by TheDog

I install just kopernicus over ckan with modularflight integrator and module manager (that is needed says ckan)

ohh, 60 fps. so i think will never find out that is responsible for that bad fps

must be a combination whit this

Edited by M4ssler
addition

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.