[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

On 6/30/2016 at 6:54 PM, ibuckshot5 said:

Umm, so when I use dds, this happens...

mZln7K9.png

The actual surface is OK, but the ScaledSpace is pure blackness.

The logs are OK, my code is right, but that is the only thing wrong.

I have the exact same problem, all the planets are dark even the side that faces the sun, and the ground is actually darker than normal when at the space center. So either I use this current version of Kopernicus and have all dark planets or revert back and have normal planets but not having solar panels working... any help here?

Edited by GoldenPenguin

1 hour ago, KillAshley said:

@GoldenPenguin @ibuckshot5

are you sure you've both used the correct .dds formats? Incorrect .dds format could cause the issue

I second this, .dds can have many filetypes, and just as not all of them can be opened by image viewing software, not all of them can be loaded by KSP either.

8 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

@GoldenPenguin @ibuckshot5

Which mods do you have installed?

Let me rephrase what I meant, my particular problem isn't what is his, just that my planets look exactly like his are looking like, sorry for the confusion. I've also taken out the planet packs and it still happens, I haven't tried with the rest. So the only thing that changes anything is going back from the current version of Kopernicus or the last. Modlist-

Filter Extensions

Toolbar

AtomicAge

B9PartSwitch

BahaSP

BodyLoader

CommunityResourcePack

CommunityTechTree

CTTP

DeployableEngines

DistantObject

DMagicOribitalScience

Endurance

Extrasolar

Firespitter

InterstellarFuelSwitch

Kerbaltek

Kopernicus

Kopernicus-master

MarkIVSystem

MechJeb2

ModularFlightIntegrator

NearFutureConstruction

NearFutureElectrical

NearFutureProps

NearFuturePropulsion

NearFutureSolar

NearFutureSpacecraft

Nereid- Final Frontier

New_Horizons

Outer Planets Mod

OPT

Keridani System

PlanetShine

RcsSounds

ResearchBodies

RN_US_Probes

SmokeScreen

StationPartsExpansion

StationScience

TextureReplacer

TweakScale

WarpPlugin

https://www.dropbox.com/s/72ukn9rwp6gh0lq/output_log.txt?dl=0 for output log

Edited by GoldenPenguin

1 hour ago, GoldenPenguin said:

Let me rephrase what I meant, my particular problem isn't what is his, just that my planets look exactly like his are looking like, sorry for the confusion. I've also taken out the planet packs and it still happens, I haven't tried with the rest. So the only thing that changes anything is going back from the current version of Kopernicus or the last. Modlist-

Filter Extensions

[...]

OPT

Keridani System

PlanetShine

[...]

WarpPlugin

https://www.dropbox.com/s/72ukn9rwp6gh0lq/output_log.txt?dl=0 for output log

if you downloaded Keridani from the link I shared here

try to redownload the archive now, I just found that the mod had a bug which I had not encountered before. I cannot say for sure that the problem comes from that mod, but it could be.

Edited by Sigma88

8 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

if you downloaded Keridani from the link I shared here

try to redownload the archive now, I just found that the mod had a bug which I had not encountered before. I cannot say for sure that the problem comes from that mod, but it could be.

Nope, same problem unfortunately. Edit- Turned out to be me having two Kopernicus versions lol but it is fixed now, thanks.

Edited by GoldenPenguin

On 7/1/2016 at 1:00 PM, Thomas P. said:

Then please post your logfiles

On 7/1/2016 at 1:53 PM, FiiZzioN said:

Hopefully these are what you need.

Mods installed: Kopernicus, KSCSwitcher (with custom launch sites), ModularFlightIntegrator, Squad, ModuleManager.2.6.25

Still get this upon loading the save and starting at the KSCSwitcher default site: Link

Should you need KSCSwitcher with the sites I'm using, you can download it here.

Quoting once again for visibility.

6 hours ago, FiiZzioN said:

Quoting once again for visibility.

Stop it. I will reply to you when I had time to check your files.

6 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

What's modular flight integrator do? Can I just ignore it?

Well, if you don't want to install Kopernicus, you can certainly ignore it.

Question, I have New Horizons installed and I want to increase the size of kerbin and the stock planets, moons and kerbol to real life sizes. But my methods are glitchy (I have NH planets scaled up to life sized sizes). Can you recommend new methods or help me?

Over in the New Horizons thread several users who upgraded to KSP 1.1.3 and Kopernicus 1.1 or later are having issues with orbits around Kerbin being shifted. Similar issues were reported in older versions around the Mun. In New Horizons both Mun and Kerbin are reparented to orbit a new gas giant. Before I spend a bunch of time trying to characterise the bug in detail, @Thomas P. and others does this look like any Kopernicus issue you already know about and plan on fixing or have a workaround suggestion for?

I edited Kerbin with this mod and the wrong side of the planet is lit up in map view, i have no idea how to fix it.

And how do i remove oceans from Kerbin?

Image for the "wrong side of the planet is lit up" : https://imgur.com/ZrG8arG

And how do i fix the KSC view, it looks like this : https://imgur.com/puNyLVq

Edited by alex_1313

3 hours ago, alex_1313 said:

I edited Kerbin with this mod and the wrong side of the planet is lit up in map view, i have no idea how to fix it.

And how do i remove oceans from Kerbin?

Image for the "wrong side of the planet is lit up" : https://imgur.com/ZrG8arG

And how do i fix the KSC view, it looks like this : https://imgur.com/puNyLVq

Issue number 1: incorrect normal map format, save it as a .dds file, DXT5_nm to be precise.

Issue number 2: move the KSC to a proper location, seeing as you retextured Kerbin it spawns above the ocean. Install Hyperedit, fly to a nice area, let Hyperedit grab the coordinates, grab the example move KSC code from the examples by @KillAshley, and input the coordinates.

As for deleting oceans, I'm not sure, but I think this could work:

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
	@Body[Kerbin]
	{
		@Template
		{
			removeOcean = true
		}
	}
}

7 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Issue number 1: incorrect normal map format, save it as a .dds file, DXT5_nm to be precise.

Issue number 2: move the KSC to a proper location, seeing as you retextured Kerbin it spawns above the ocean. Install Hyperedit, fly to a nice area, let Hyperedit grab the coordinates, grab the example move KSC code from the examples by @KillAshley, and input the coordinates.

As for deleting oceans, I'm not sure, but I think this could work:

{
	@Body[Kerbin]
	{
		@Template
		{
			removeOcean = true
		}
	}
}

Thanks.

Sorry for asking so many questions, but how do i change the gravity of Kerbin?

I tried "geeASL = 1.3" and "gravParameter = 1.3", but in game it reads 0 and when i launch a spacecraft, the planet spins under it.

Thanks.

34 minutes ago, alex_1313 said:

Sorry for asking so many questions, but how do i change the gravity of Kerbin?

I tried "geeASL = 1.3" and "gravParameter = 1.3", but in game it reads 0 and when i launch a spacecraft, the planet spins under it.

Thanks.

{
	@Body[Kerbin]
	{
		@Properties
		{
			%geeASL = 1.3
		}
	}
}

Try this.

1 hour ago, Vonnmillard said:

I need help, I cant see any more planets even I have the mod installed properly, I did not add the ModularFlightIntegrator because it does not let me load up any save, I still the same Planets, How do I fix this?

If you didn't install ModularFlightIntegrator then you didn't install the mod properly.  It requires ModularFlightIntegrator to function.

You will need to install the mod as described in the first post and then test it creating a new save.  If that works then try an existing save, though you should expect problems if you install a planet pack that modifies any body that you have a vessel at.  If you have problems, then post a decent description of what is going wrong, along with logs (e.g. upload the KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt file to a file sharing site and link it here).

I released a new version get it from GitHub, as usual. It is called 1.1.3-1 and introduces a new versioning scheme for Kopernicus. All future versions will use this: <ksp version>-<kopernicus version for this ksp version>
When a new ksp version is released, the second number will go back to 1.

1.1.3-1 also introduces a fix for the scaled / local space lighting that was broken since Kopernicus 1.1. Thanks to NovaSillisko and GregroxMun for pointing me in the right direction (I looove bitmasks)

Have fun :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.