[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

Hey folks, I've been trying to install Interstellar Adventure planet pack to no success, every time the game loads with that installed Kopernicus tells me it failed to load as soon as it gets to the main menu. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing worked so far. Here is a zip file of all the things the error message said to include. I would greatly appreciate the help!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9iz3zt71ijb2j1c/KSP output logs.7z?dl=0

I have been attempting to make Kerbin a waterworld, but it doesn't seem to be working. Could anyone give me some help with writing a patch to do this? (I also want to then make the map/tracking station show it as a water world. Ideally, everything on kerbin will be at sea level (save for the patch of land around KSC and other launch sites). Thanks in advance!

On 10/9/2016 at 2:00 AM, Sigma88 said:

When you have a problem with Kopernicus and need support here's what you should do:

Find the files requested down here, put all of them into a zip archive and upload that to dropbox/googledrive

(then share the link with the person you are asking for support)

NOTE:

Use the minimun amount of mods necessary.

If you have extra mods I will ask you to remove them and repeat everything from step 1,
so you might just save us both time and remove them now.

the files you will need to upload are the following:

1- the cfg you are using (only if you are using custom configs you wrote, not all the cfgs in GameData)

2- a list of the mods you have installed, complete of which version of KSP you are running

3- KSP logs

• Windows: %AppData%\..\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt
  • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

4- ModuleManager.ConfigCache  (you can find that file in GameData, otherwise specify you didn't find one)

5- Kopernicus Logs: the whole "Logs" folder you can find in your KSP installation directory

6- a screenshot of the content of your GameData folder

7- if you have any of my mods, a screenshot of the content of the GameData/Sigma folder

1 - IDK but I think I'm not using any of it.

2 - [1.4.x] RSS (REMASTERED), DistantObject_1.9.1, FShangarExtender_3_3, KSCSwitcher-master, ModuleManager-master, Real_Scale_Boosters-0.16, RemoteTech-1.8.13, RSSTineFormatter_1.4.3.0

3 - here (Windows 10)

4 - here.

5 - Kopernicus.logKopernicus.Runtime.log

6 - here.

7 - I don't have any of your mods.

1 hour ago, askminjae said:

1 - IDK but I think I'm not using any of it.

2 - [1.4.x] RSS (REMASTERED), DistantObject_1.9.1, FShangarExtender_3_3, KSCSwitcher-master, ModuleManager-master, Real_Scale_Boosters-0.16, RemoteTech-1.8.13, RSSTineFormatter_1.4.3.0

3 - here (Windows 10)

4 - here.

5 - Kopernicus.logKopernicus.Runtime.log

6 - here.

7 - I don't have any of your mods.

Looking at RSS Remastered, it is put together terribly. I do not recommend using it until the dev learns how to build a planet pack correctly. 

On 8/15/2018 at 4:31 PM, DuskFall said:

Help! I need somebody help!

So, the problem is, that after installation the newest version of KSP 1.4.5 and the newest version of Kopernicus on the global planet map everything started to work very slow. On KSP version 1.4.2 I hadn't met such problem. I use Kopernicus with Outerplanet mod. Ship's view works fine. Could you please help with this? Logs&Configs

I also experience this problem, ship view is at a steady 60fps, map view at 10ish fps. After *many* hours of testing I pinpointed it on Kopernicus and more specifically the 1.4.5-3 update. Even more specifically this bit of code added in Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.cs is the culprit:

// Apply orbit icon customization
                foreach (MapNode node in Resources.FindObjectsOfTypeAll<MapNode>())
                {
                    if (node.mapObject != null && node.mapObject.celestialBody != null && node.mapObject.celestialBody.Has("iconTexture"))
                    {
                        Texture2D texture = node.mapObject.celestialBody.Get<Texture2D>("iconTexture");
                        node.SetIcon(Sprite.Create(texture,
                            new Rect(0, 0, texture.width, texture.height),
                            new Vector2(0.5f, 0.5f), 100, 1, SpriteMeshType.Tight,
                            Vector4.zero));
                    }
                }

I recompiled with it commented out and it's back to 60 fps :)

For other people with the problem until this is addressed (this may be an interreaction with an other mod ? no idea), using 1.4.5-2 version works fine for me.

3 hours ago, DarkGod said:

I also experience this problem, ship view is at a steady 60fps, map view at 10ish fps. After *many* hours of testing I pinpointed it on Kopernicus and more specifically the 1.4.5-3 update. Even more specifically this bit of code added in Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.cs is the culprit:

I recompiled with it commented out and it's back to 60 fps :)

For other people with the problem until this is addressed (this may be an interreaction with an other mod ? no idea), using 1.4.5-2 version works fine for me.

I can confirm this is the case with the following:

KSP 1.4.5 Stock                                         165fps (monitor limit)
KSP 1.4.5 + Kopernicus 1.4.5-4                          80fps
KSP 1.4.5 + Kopernicus 1.4.5-3                          85fps
KSP 1.4.5 + Kopernicus 1.4.5-2                          165fps (monitor limit)
KSP 1.4.5 + Kopernicus 1.4.5-4 w/ Orbit Icons Removed   165fps (monitor limit)

I'll post it up as an issue on the Git repo.

EDIT: Issue can be found here: https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/issues/309

Edited by Poodmund

On 8/31/2018 at 1:54 AM, nonono said:

Hey folks, I've been trying to install Interstellar Adventure planet pack to no success

That mod has been broken since 1.3.1. There's no working around it. When ProtoJeb gets the memo and gets back on it, it will work again. ;)

On 8/17/2018 at 7:28 AM, Nightside said:

Hi, I'm new to the Kittopia side of things, and I wonder if anyone has a seen a good tutorial video somewhere. 

-Also, when I make changes should I expect to see them immediately in game or does it need to reload?

Quoting myself here since I never saw an answer - does Kittopia allow for changes in-game (or do I restart KSP)? I haven't had much luck using it. 

Also, is there a better place to get help with PQS features the information on github is not quite enough to resolve some issues.

5 hours ago, Nightside said:

Quoting myself here since I never saw an answer - does Kittopia allow for changes in-game (or do I restart KSP)? I haven't had much luck using it. 

Also, is there a better place to get help with PQS features the information on github is not quite enough to resolve some issues.

The changes should be applied instantly, as soon as you leave the textbox where you entered them (pressing Enter might be enough, but I am not sure about that)

29 minutes ago, qazqazqaz said:

I have a problem, so every irregular moon i've made is insanely spiky, all deformity values are at zero for all 3, and the imported normal map I'm using is almost perfectly smooth. I'd have no problem handing over the configs for someone to have a look.

Delete the cache files and reload the game. If you haven’t designated a path for them, the cache will be inside the Kopernicus folder.

19 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Delete the cache files and reload the game. If you haven’t designated a path for them, the cache will be inside the Kopernicus folder.

That solved the spikes, but now they're just circles, I should be able to fix this on my own though. Thanks for the help.

I made another Kopernicus pre-release. This one includes the tidy up KSC debris + Remove launch sites bug fix that is already integrated into the main Kopernicus repo (but currently unreleased) and a fix to the significant map view performance issue @Poodmund, @DarkGod, and @DuskFall have described.

Again - please don't use this unless you know what you're doing. You will not receive support installing, removing, or using an unofficial pre-release.

This unofficial prerelease ships with a version number of 1.4.5-999.

https://github.com/marr75/Kopernicus/releases/tag/1.4.5-Alpha5-2

I'd be interested in hearing from Poodmund if this improves the situation as drastically as removing the orbital icon customization entirely (it should). I don't have a reliable FPS indicator on my dev install and my "play" install will never hit 165fps for other reasons...

@askminjae RSS for 1.4.X was just released -> https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealSolarSystem/releases

Prior to that release, you could use RSS with 1.4.X but had to make a slight tweak to the config for Kerbin, detailed here -> https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/issues/283, just took a while for that tweak to make it to RSS

1 hour ago, whitespacekilla said:

I'd be interested in hearing from Poodmund if this improves the situation as drastically as removing the orbital icon customization entirely (it should). I don't have a reliable FPS indicator on my dev install and my "play" install will never hit 165fps for other reasons...

Seems fine to me: https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/issues/309#issuecomment-420730413 

4TXVjeU.png

Will just need the head honchos to give the code a few times over to make sure that nothing untoward may be happening as a result I guess.

P.S. I hit 165fps as I have the game set to V-Sync and my max refresh rate on my monitor is 165Hz.

Is there a problem with rescaling planets? I made a rescale-config with Kerbin 1.6x. Everytime I splash down in the ocean, my pod sinks with parachutes under the surface of the ocean till it explodes. It seems like the surface didnt notice as surface.

KSP: 1.4.5
Kopernicus: All versions from 1.4.5-1 to 1.4.5.4 and the unofficial release

I have a problem with the atmosphere. When the planet appears in the Tracking Station, everything is fine except the temperature. It's supposed to be 230 K, but its 200 K, like Jool. Please help. What's wrong with the curves?

Here's the config:

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
    Body
    {
        name = Cyran
        Debug
        {
	    exportMesh = true
	    update = true
        }
        cacheFile = Test_Planets/Cache/Cyran.bin
        Template
        {
            name = Jool
        }
        Properties
        {
            radius = 2000000
            geeASL = 1.4
            rotates = true
            tidallyLocked = false
            rotationPeriod = 59400
            initialRotation = 0
            isHomeWorld = false
            description = Sorry, White Guardian, if you are offended, I will just change the planet name!:)
            timewarpAltitudeLimits = 0 300000 300000 300000 300000 500000 1000000 2500000
			albedo = 0.6
            ScienceValues
            {
                landedDataValue = 1
                splashedDataValue = 1
                flyingLowDataValue = 7.5
                flyingHighDataValue = 6.9
                inSpaceLowDataValue = 6.3
                inSpaceHighDataValue = 5.5
                recoveryValue = 6
                flyingAltitudeThreshold = 50000
                spaceAltitudeThreshold = 1000000
            }
        }
        Orbit
        {
            referenceBody = Sun
            inclination = 1.8
            eccentricity = 0.03
            semiMajorAxis = 50069420360
            longitudeOfAscendingNode = 121
            argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
            meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
            epoch = 0 
            color = 0.6,0.38,0.16,1.0 
        }
        ScaledVersion
        {
	        type = Atmospheric
	        Material
	        {
		        texture = Test_Planets/PluginData/Cyran_color.png
		        shininess = 0.1
		        specular = 0.0,0.0,0.0,1.0
				rimPower = 4
				rimBlend = 0.3
				Gradient
				{
				        0.0 = 0.5,0.5,0.16,1.0
				        0.5 = 0.25,0.25,0.08,1.0
			            1.0 = 0.0196,0.0196,0.0196,1.0
				}
	        }
        }
        Atmosphere
		{
			ambientColor = 0.3,0.3,0.24,1
			lightColor = 0.75,0.75,1,0.5
			enabled = true
			oxygen = false
			maxAltitude = 200000
			adiabaticIndex = 1.44
			atmosphereMolarMass = 0.0022
			staticPressureASL = 2130.505
			pressureCurve
			{
				key = 0 8066.25 0 -0.6723968
				key = 10000 2519.875 -0.1346587 -0.1346587
				key = 29000 828.0436 -0.01449255 -0.01449255
				key = 123450 52.26 -0.001562163 -0.001562163
				key = 150000 12 -0.0001361465 -0.0001361465
				key = 170000 0.1 -1.001277E-05 -1.001277E-05
				key = 200000 0 0 0
			}
			temparatureSeaLevel = 230
			temperatureCurve
			{
				key = 0 230 0 0.002
				key = 30000 270 0.0008716947 0.0008716947
				key = 120000 300 -0.000625 -0.000625
				key = 200000 250 0 0
			}
			temperatureSunMultCurve
            {
	                 key = 0 0.2 0 0
					 key = 45000 0.1 6.666667E-06 6.666667E-06
					 key = 75000 0.3 9.736227E-06 9.736227E-06
					 key = 100000 0.5 1.630334E-07 1.630334E-07
					 key = 200000 0.6 0 0
            }

}
		Rings
		{
		Ring
		{
			texture = Test_Planets/Textures/cyran_rings.png
			innerRadius = 1500
			outerRadius = 2500
			angle = 0
			color = 1,1,1,1
			lockRotation = true
			unlit = true
		}
		}
    }
}

P.S. Sorry for stealing the name of the planet from The White Guardian. I like his tutorials, he helped me a lot, and I couldn't think of a better name at the moment.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.