[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

1 hour ago, Thomas P. said:

There might be a release on GitHub. You should probably check it out (yes I am the only one who makes stupid git jokes on my release notes)

Changelog:

- Updated to KSP 1.5.1
- Fixed a bug where BiomeMap OnDemand Loading would lag a lot in MapView. BiomeMap OD is now disabled by default.
- Fixed the Kittopia planet thumbnails, thanks to Sigma

Expect Squad to release 1.5.2 out of nowhere tomorrow and completely screw with my life

Thank you once again! I appreciate that you keep giving your time to continue supporting newer KSP versions at a fast rate. Can't wait to play in my 2.5x scaled career!

@OhioBobI like to turn it off. The Kopernicus panels tweak were added if a player were running a mod that added in a new solar system. Kopernicus code would allow solar panels to work with that new sun. I believe there isn't a mod around that works that adds in another solar system or what not. At least I don't think so.

I only use Kopernicous to get rings around Jool with SVE.

55 minutes ago, therealcrow999 said:

I did this:

Yep, that should work too.  The only issue I have with that method it is requires editing a Kopernicus file.  If Kopernicus updates, you have to edit it again.  With my method you can just drop the file into GameData and forget it.

19 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@therealcrow999 Don't confuse us, you just copied the
GameData\Kopernicus\Config\SolarPanels.cfg

which then uses the information provided by the other patch as mentioned by @OhioBob

I'm not confusing you, I just shown what I edited in the SolarPanels.cfg, I didn't make my own file.

3 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Yep, that should work too.  The only issue I have with that method it is requires editing a Kopernicus file.  If Kopernicus updates, you have to edit it again.  With my method you can just drop the file into GameData and forget it.

Yeah so true, @OhioBob, that's why I love making my own MM files. I haven't since I came back in KSP. I use to years ago. Thanks.

51 minutes ago, therealcrow999 said:

@OhioBobI like to turn it off. The Kopernicus panels tweak were added if a player were running a mod that added in a new solar system. Kopernicus code would allow solar panels to work with that new sun. I believe there isn't a mod around that works that adds in another solar system or what not. At least I don't think so.

There are definitely planet packs out there that add other stars, GPP for example.  It was when the mod devs started adding other stars that the limitations of the stock solar panels was discovered.  But if you have no plans to use any of those planet packs, then it's understandable why you might want to turn off Kopernicus' solar panel module.

Edited by OhioBob

6 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

There are definitely planet packs out there that add other stars, GPP for example.  It was when the mod devs started adding other stars that the limitations of the stock solar panels was discovered.  But if you have no plans to use any of those planet packs, then it's understandable why you might want to turn off Kopernicus' solar panel module.

Well thanks for posting your config, I was searching and searching how to do it. I think after sitting and looking at the config, I understood. I think MM and that type of code is coming back to me in-regards to understanding it again. I am very rusty. 

3 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

There might be a release on GitHub. You should probably check it out (yes I am the only one who makes stupid git jokes on my release notes)

Changelog:

- Updated to KSP 1.5.1
- Fixed a bug where BiomeMap OnDemand Loading would lag a lot in MapView. BiomeMap OD is now disabled by default.

Expect Squad to release 1.5.2 out of nowhere tomorrow and completely screw with my life

Thanks for the update!!

1 hour ago, therealcrow999 said:

Well thanks for posting your config, I was searching and searching how to do it. I think after sitting and looking at the config, I understood. I think MM and that type of code is coming back to me in-regards to understanding it again. I am very rusty. 

It might make more sense if you look at a part config.  Below is the config for the OX-STAT Photovoltaic Panels,

Spoiler

PART
{
    name = solarPanels5
    module = Part
    author = NovaSilisko
    mesh = model.mu
    rescaleFactor = 1
    node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0
    TechRequired = electrics
    entryCost = 1200
    cost = 75
    category = Electrical
    subcategory = 0
    title = #autoLOC_500382 //#autoLOC_500382 = OX-STAT Photovoltaic Panels
    manufacturer = #autoLOC_501633 //#autoLOC_501633 = Probodobodyne Inc
    description = #autoLOC_500383 //#autoLOC_500383 = The OX-STAT solar panel is a simple panel with no sun-tracking or deployment mechanics. As a result, it is very light and cheap.
    attachRules = 0,1,0,0,1
    mass = 0.005
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.2
    minimum_drag = 0.2
    angularDrag = 1
    crashTolerance = 8
    maxTemp = 1200 // = 3200
    PhysicsSignificance = 1
    bulkheadProfiles = srf
    tags = #autoLOC_500384 //#autoLOC_500384 = array charge e/c elect energ fixed flat generat (light photo power solar static sun volt watt
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel
        isTracking = false
        secondaryTransformName = suncatcher
        pivotName = suncatcher
        isBreakable = false
        resourceName = ElectricCharge
        chargeRate = 0.35
        extendActionName = #autoLOC_6001805 //#autoLOC_6001805 = Extend <<1>>
        retractActionName = #autoLOC_6001806 //#autoLOC_6001806 = Retract <<1>>
        extendpanelsActionName = #autoLOC_6001807 //#autoLOC_6001807 = Toggle <<1>>
    }
}

As you can see, it has a MODULE in it with the name "ModuleDeployableSolarPanel".  Only solar panels use that MODULE.  So what my config does is search the parts and finds those having a MODULE named "ModuleDeployableSolarPanels".  It then adds to that MODULE the line,

useKopernicusSolarPanels = false

It's just the same as if you manually added that line to each solar panel config, like this:

Spoiler

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel
        isTracking = false
        secondaryTransformName = suncatcher
        pivotName = suncatcher
        isBreakable = false
        resourceName = ElectricCharge
        chargeRate = 0.35
        extendActionName = #autoLOC_6001805 //#autoLOC_6001805 = Extend <<1>>
        retractActionName = #autoLOC_6001806 //#autoLOC_6001806 = Retract <<1>>
        extendpanelsActionName = #autoLOC_6001807 //#autoLOC_6001807 = Toggle <<1>>
        useKopernicusSolarPanels = false
    }

6 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

Changelog:

- Updated to KSP 1.5.1

Thanks Thomas!

We just need to convince Squad to bring back the bug feature from a few versions back that would crash the game if you tried to load with an incompatible dll.

5 hours ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

unknown.png

Can somebody help me out with this?

Not a Kopernicus issue. This happens when you run KSP 1.5.1 with the force d3d 11 switch on. (I reproduced it on stock) Run KSP "normally" or with Open-GL and the VAB will look normal again.

11 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

Changelog:

- Updated to KSP 1.5.1

I enjoy the "stupid git jokes" as much as I like how @HebaruSan names all his github releases for Astrogator. Honestly, if you manage any code repository on a regular basis, you gotta put some humor in there somewhere.

Thanks so much for the release. I am still amazed that this mod is less than half a MB of code.

Awesome that Kopernicus is still up to date, but a problem that has plagued me for too long is that I don't know how to make EVE configs for the cool new planets I make. Can somebody help me with this? I know this isn't the right thread but it's somewhat related to Kopernicus and I really want to know. I can't make sense of the outer planets visual overhaul and that's the only thing I can find.

I'm getting an issue where I get a notification after the game launches that the planet pack failed to load. When I open a save game all the OPM planets and moons are in fact loaded but the sunlit side of the objects is facing away from the actual direction of the sun? What is going on?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1inZwrUEyN2iMPsJzsIEuO7_lsuMUFWZn?usp=sharing

Edited by nsgallup

1 hour ago, nsgallup said:

I'm getting an issue where I get a notification after the game launches that the planet pack failed to load. When I open a save game all the OPM planets and moons are in fact loaded but the sunlit side of the objects is facing away from the actual direction of the sun? What is going on?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1inZwrUEyN2iMPsJzsIEuO7_lsuMUFWZn?usp=sharing

You somehow copied your GameData folder into your GameData folder, so you have this:

Loading assembly at D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\GameData\Kopernicus\Plugins\Kopernicus.dll

That means you have two Kopernicus installations which won't work.

1 hour ago, Thomas P. said:

You somehow copied your GameData folder into your GameData folder, so you have this:

Loading assembly at D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\GameData\Kopernicus\Plugins\Kopernicus.dll

That means you have two Kopernicus installations which won't work.

Whoops!

Thanks for checking that out.

I'm trying to see if I can get the KASE mod working (it replaces stock textures).

Here is the output_log:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/huj7zjla6gy8w0v/KASE-log.zip?dl=0

Here is the outpu_log AND the full KASE mod (170 Mb): https://www.dropbox.com/s/uh621malt45g9sb/KASE-logPlus.zip?dl=0

Not being fluent in the Kopernicus, I'm asking for a bit of help.

I fixed one problem with Minmus (see below), but now I'm getting an endless loop of null refs:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

1G/KopernFirst, I see a number of the following:

Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Dres(Clone)'
CelestialBodyTransform: Cannot find CelestialBody.

and then, I see this:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Exception: Failed to load Body: Vall
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Parser.CreateObjectFromConfigNode[Loader] (.ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Injector.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Kopernicus.Injector:Awake()
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.

(Filename:  Line: 481)

So far, the only changes I've made is to the Minmus.cfg, where I commented out some lines based on posts I've seen in the New Horizons thread (if the following are uncommented, then I get a message saying that Kopernicus had an error loading):

SharpnessNoise
{
	deformity = 0.00100000004749745
	frequency = 0.5
	octaves = 4
	persistance = 0.5
	seed = 0
	//Noise
	//{
	//	frequency = 0.5
	//	lacunarity = 0.5
	//	quality = High
	//	octaveCount = 4
	//	seed = 33127
	//}
}

Kopernicus has it's own logs inside the folder "<KSP dir>/Logs/Kopernicus", which include more information about the loading and the errors occuring. In your case you would want to check the file Vall.Body.log, since thats where the loader fails, according to KSP.log

55 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

Kopernicus has it's own logs inside the folder "<KSP dir>/Logs/Kopernicus", which include more information about the loading and the errors occuring. In your case you would want to check the file Vall.Body.log, since thats where the loader fails, according to KSP.log

Thank you.

Here are all the Kopernicus logs:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/20dvb20nvthb6ez/KASE-Kopernicus-Logs.zip?dl=0

This is the error at the end of the Vall log:

Spoiler

[LOG 20:40:23]: --------------------------------------

[LOG 20:40:23]: Vall is using custom cache file 'R:/KSP_1.5.1_dev/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/KASE/Cache/Vall.bin'

[LOG 20:40:23]: Body.PostApply(ConfigNode): Generating scaled space mesh: Vall

[LOG 20:40:23]: Vall (CelestialBody)

[LOG 20:40:23]: Vall (PQS)

[LOG 20:40:23]: Vall (PQS)

[LOG 20:40:23]: 17

[LOG 20:40:23]: Exception Was Recorded: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PQSMod_VertexHeightMap.OnVertexBuildHeight (.VertexBuildData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Kopernicus.Utility.ComputeScaledSpaceMesh (.CelestialBody body, .PQS pqs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Kopernicus.Utility.UpdateScaledMesh (UnityEngine.GameObject scaledVersion, .PQS pqs, .CelestialBody body, System.String path, System.String cacheFile, Boolean exportBin, Boolean useSpherical) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Kopernicus.Configuration.ScaledVersionLoader.RebuildScaledSpace () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Kopernicus.Configuration.Body.Kopernicus.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Cube or Six-Sided PQS Celestials?

Someone else asked about creating a ring world in Kopernicus. You can't just make a single celestial into a donut, but apparently Kopernicus supports barycenter objects. What about multiple cubes or cuboids tidally locked around a barycenter object?

You'd have to start by creating a cube or cuboid with a very small sphere of influence. Can one even make a cube celestial that one could land on?

Edited by Gordon Fecyk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.