[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

1 hour ago, void_error said:

And back to waiting again as KSP just updated to 1.6.1 (damn you Steam, I'm going to be hoarding backups after this) which is only a few bugfixes so it shouldn't take long (this weekend maybe? :rolleyes:).

Same issue here I didn't have a backup and now I cant play my save until Kopernicus updates.

I noticed a kopernicus.version text file in teh mod. it contains the 1.6.0 version number.

I wonder if that can be cahnged manualy to force kopernicus to work on 1.6.1 ? I very much doubt the update realy broke the mod...

Later edit: Aparently not.

Edited by Nicky21

11 minutes ago, Nicky21 said:

I noticed a kopernicus.version text file in teh mod. it contains the 1.6.0 version nuber. I wonder if that can be cahnged manualy to force kopernicus to work on 1.6.1 ? I very much doubt the update realy broek the mod...

Nope... its *hard* version locked, on purpose :P

29 minutes ago, Tirello said:

Is there a way to bypass this? Even if its not advised.

There is a way. But no one who respects Thomas is going to tell you how.

5 hours ago, void_error said:

And back to waiting again as KSP just updated to 1.6.1 (damn you Steam, I'm going to be hoarding backups after this) which is only a few bugfixes so it shouldn't take long (this weekend maybe? :rolleyes:).

Nudging mod makers to meet a specific date convenient to you is a bad idea. Just saying. ;)

[REDACTED] - I seriously thought 1.6.1 would work with Kopernicus but NOOOOO and now I don't have a copy of 1.6.0 to play on.

I wonder why it says [1.6.0-1 + Backports] then if 1.6.1 won't work with Kopernicus.

Yay. At least there are Nyan Cats for me to look at.

2 minutes ago, Xurkitree said:

[REDACTED] - I seriously thought 1.6.1 would work with Kopernicus but NOOOOO and now I don't have a copy of 1.6.0 to play on.

I wonder why it says [1.6.0-1 + Backports] then if 1.6.1 won't work with Kopernicus.

Yay. At least there are Nyan Cats for me to look at.

Otherwise it would say 1.6.1-1 + Backports...

I still love how Squad can wait a month to release a bugfix to a version that has serious problems with modding and noone says anything, but if they update Kopernicus apparently should become sentinent and autoupdate itself. Not just the case for 1.6.0 as well, but as it seems Squad gets infinite patience in releasing updates without complains (even with weekly(?) teasers).

Just saying.

--------------------------------------
Kopernicus updates when I have time. Which is likely the weekend, maybe even earlier. It also contains a bugfix to the star flare issue (lets try the teaser method - I have a feeling it doesn't work. Lol)

If someone is unfamiliar with how the version numbers are set and instead default to common sense, 1.6.0-1 can be misconstrued to be meant for version 1.6.0 and 1.6.1.

The hyphen is a bit misleading, Its all good.

Edited by Shizen

1 hour ago, Thomas P. said:

I still love how Squad can wait a month to release a bugfix to a version that has serious problems with modding and noone says anything, but if they update Kopernicus apparently should become sentinent and autoupdate itself. Not just the case for 1.6.0 as well, but as it seems Squad gets infinite patience in releasing updates without complains (even with weekly(?) teasers).

Just saying.

Long time lurker here. Created an account just to say, thanks Thomas. Really appreciate all the work you do.

7 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

Just saying.

Kopernicus updates when I have time. Which is likely the weekend, maybe even earlier. It also contains a bugfix to the star flare issue (lets try the teaser method - I have a feeling it doesn't work. Lol)

thanks for telling us you gonna work on it!

the 1.6 release trailer is full of comments asking squad to do bugfixes 1 month ago

It's more fun the 1.6.1 update, released a day after Sarbian released workaround for the cache glitches

Edited by ssd21345

I think Squad got plenty of complaints about the 1.6 issues with mods given how fundamental they are to the longevity of KSP.  But more to the point, the level of interest in Kopernicus is a reflection of how many people value your work and find it a critical part of their enjoyment of the game.  So much so in fact that unlike almost every other mod, people are unwilling to play KSP without it!  That's a pretty big accolade.  As a modder myself, albeit for other games, I can well understand your frustration though.  For everyone else: patience - mod updates are always released exactly Soon™, when they are ready and not before.

8 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

There is a way. But no one who respects Thomas is going to tell you how.

Nudging mod makers to meet a specific date convenient to you is a bad idea. Just saying. ;)

I'm not nudging anyone. It was just my guess that it might happen this weekend as the changelog for 1.6.1 doesn't appear to have anything that would need extensive work on Kopernikus. As for bypassing the version lock it's not difficult at all, that's all I can say.

game had an update no one asked for again... *sigh* you know what that means... also WHY is it purposefully version locked? and how can I bypass the version lock? because my brother and sister -in-law in the army are staying over with my parents and i for a month before he gets deployed to south Korea and I was hoping to play kerbal space program with my brother for once before he goes to Korea and I dont see him for 2 years... I only have this mod because I use the duna restoration mod because the modern duna looks like a red misshapen [snip]

Edited by Deddly

10 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

Just saying.

OMG sentient auto-updating mods #love :)  wouldn't that be amazing!!

Thanks for keeping Kopernicus alive and well. I too don't even bother playing KSP without your mod.

50 minutes ago, mindseyemodels said:

WHY is it purposefully version locked? and how can I bypass the version lock?

I think it's locked because it's known to break your saves if it's incompatible with the current version of KSP. It would be nice if the first thing every KSP update did was backup your saves before updating.
As for bypassing the version unless you have any experience with software development it's not a good idea to try it. You'd need to recompile stuff to say the least.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.