[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

Heya

I released Kopernicus 1.2.2-3. It contains blackracks ring shaders, and two smaller fixes. One for the calculation of solar flux when using multiple stars (it was completely messed off, now it is probably still inaccurate but a bit more realistic :P), and one for the custom Kopernicus clock

If you are subscribed to the repository, you probably got a flood of emails in the last hour. That was me toying with jenkins, to automate releases. :D Now I only have to press a button, enter a version and a changelog, and jenkins does the rest for me.

I'm helping @daniel l. with To Boldly Go, and I have been trying to figure out how to tone down the brightness of new stars seen from the surface of Kerbin. What property should I be adjusting to make new stars dimmer as seen from Kerbin? sunlightIntensity?

Just now, seanth said:

I'm helping @daniel l. with To Boldly Go, and I have been trying to figure out how to tone down the brightness of new stars seen from the surface of Kerbin. What property should I be adjusting to make new stars dimmer as seen from Kerbin? sunlightIntensity?

Intensity and brightness Curve. While intensity is controlling the actual amount of light a planet receives, brightness Curve controls the looks (so how bright does the sunflare look).

1 minute ago, Thomas P. said:

Intensity and brightness Curve. While intensity is controlling the actual amount of light a planet receives, brightness Curve controls the looks (so how bright does the sunflare look).

Thx. Brightness curves are something I haven't looked at, so the github wiki is just a stub for that. Time to look closer I guess.

6 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

Hello everyone!

Is there's an easy way to ONLY enable ground scatter colisiion on every planet in complete stock solar system?

Sorry if my question is dumb, I just have no idea...

you would have to write all new configs that only change the collision... or just use SVT 

if you are trying to avoid SVT due to performance issues, just know its the colliders that cause 90% of the performance drop so ONLY enabling collisions would have about the same performance as SVT

Edited by Galileo

12 minutes ago, Galileo said:

or just use SVT 

I would love to use SVt and I did, because it's beatiful...

But I have huge perfomance drop if any scatter gets in camera (5-8 FPS with SVT - even with 10% scatter in settings)

Without SVT - 45-50 FPS with 100% scatter.

Can enabled collision itself be such perfomance hog?

5 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

I would love to use SVt and I did, because it's beatiful...

But I have huge perfomance drop if any scatter gets in camera (5-8 FPS with SVT - even with 10% scatter in settings)

Without SVT - 45-50 FPS with 100% scatter.

Can enabled collision itself be such perfomance hog?

I can assure you its not the textures in SVT that is causing your performance drop. It is definitely the colliders, and yes they cause some performance drop but not 40 frames.. There is something else going on with your game or system

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

I can assure you its not the textures in SVT that is causing your performance drop. It is definitely the colliders, and yes they cause some performance drop but not 40 frames.. There is something else going on with your game or system

I guess I can disable collisions in SVT and try? Also, Im using KerbinSide as well, can it cause some weird interaction?

2 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

Are there specs somewhere that explain the brightnessCurve? I can find lots of examples, but no breakdown of what the key values are

33 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

gas giants usually don't have a PQS surface

that's the only thing I can think of

Yeah that was my assumption as well. It's a head scratcher.

i have become pretty frustrated with the dependencies of GPP. Seems as though when one thing works, something has to break. It's not anyone's fault, I just don't like having the control I want. 

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Yeah that was my assumption as well. It's a head scratcher.

i have become pretty frustrated with the dependencies of GPP. Seems as though when one thing works, something has to break. It's not anyone's fault, I just don't like having the control I want. 

Can I see a log or some screenshots? Don't have any idea why the rings wouldn't be there. PQS isn't a factor at all for rings.

13 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Can I see a log or some screenshots? Don't have any idea why the rings wouldn't be there. PQS isn't a factor at all for rings.

I'll message you so we aren't flooding this thread or Scatterer's. I am pretty busy at the moment but give me a little bit and I'll try to organize my issues into something easy to understand. :)

Edited by Galileo

13 hours ago, Galileo said:

yeah you need to add some stuff

Tried, and the result is... 'interesting'

Y2NjGKX.png

Code

Rings
		{
			Ring
			{
				texture = Evolution/Kopernicus/SharedTextureDirectory/Ring2
				color = 1,1,1,1
				unlit = false
				useNewShader = true
				penumbraMultiplier = 10.0
				lockRotation = true
				innerRadius = 1500
				outerRadius = 3000
				angle = 4
			}
		}

What's most surprising to me is that the ring is colored despite the color value, meaning that the texture is applied. Is a change to the texture necessary as well? Because right now the texture is 1x1024 pixels.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.