[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

48 minutes ago, Jeb, The Lonely Kerbonaut said:

Hey, @Thomas P., i can't find the page of the download of the 1.2.2 version.

Kopernicus 1.2.2-11 is the last version I published for 1.2, you can get it here: https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/backport-1.2.2-11

The features are those of Kopernicus 1.3.0-6, so a bit outdated and probably bugged

10 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

Kopernicus 1.2.2-11 is the last version I published for 1.2, you can get it here: https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/backport-1.2.2-11

The features are those of Kopernicus 1.3.0-6, so a bit outdated and probably bugged

I downloaded this version, but when i load my saves, they are loading and loading, but nothing happens! 

Edited by Jeb, The Lonely Kerbonaut

On 11/30/2017 at 12:49 PM, Thomas P. said:

So, long time without anything from me here... But now my exams are over and I am back.

Over the last month there were two pretty important changes to Kopernicus and I think I should finally release them. So here is Kopernicus 1.3.1-3 (Download link in the OP):

Changelog:

- Kopernicus now tracks vessel orbits using a custom identifier (for example a GUID) instead of the FGI. The identifier is loaded from the "identifier" option in the Body node. If no identifier is specified, the body name is used. This should make it possible to install or remove planet packs mid-game without messing up all of the orbits. IMPORTANT: Make a backup of your save before installing this version!
- Fixed IntensityCurve and IVAIntensityCurve. Their values were never used.
- Updated the MFI .version file

Have fun.

The IMPORTANT warning makes me think that if mods such as OPM Galileo aren't specifically updated for v1.3.1-3 that updating Kopernicus now may make things behave strangely, is that accurate or do I worry too much?

12 minutes ago, Gorby1 said:

The IMPORTANT warning makes me think that if mods such as OPM Galileo aren't specifically updated for v1.3.1-3 that updating Kopernicus now may make things behave strangely, is that accurate or do I worry too much?

Those changes won’t effect planet packs, but they will make the lives easier for the users of those mods. Everything that worked with 1.3.1-2 will work fine with -3

Hi, I've noticed a possible issue with Kopernicus 1.3.1-3. Planets seem much darker now. Kerbin is noticeably dimmer, and the Mun is so dark when I land on it (in daytime) I can barely see anything. If I zoom a long way out on the Mun, at some point it suddenly lights up, zooming back in makes it dark again.

Reverting back to Kopernicus 1.3.1-2 seems to set the lighting back to normal and I can see fine on the Mun and Kerbin.

In case it matters I'm running quite a few planet packs (including OPM, GPP secondary, Trans Keptunian, Xens Planet pack, Asclepius and Arkas).

1 minute ago, psamathe said:

Hi, I've noticed a possible issue with Kopernicus 1.3.1-3. Planets seem much darker now. Kerbin is noticeably dimmer, and the Mun is so dark when I land on it (in daytime) I can barely see anything. If I zoom a long way out on the Mun, at some point it suddenly lights up, zooming back in makes it dark again.

Reverting back to Kopernicus 1.3.1-2 seems to set the lighting back to normal and I can see fine on the Mun and Kerbin.

In case it matters I'm running quite a few planet packs (including OPM, GPP secondary, Trans Keptunian, Xens Planet pack, Asclepius and Arkas).

This because the devs of those planet packs need to define the brightness curves for the stars in their packs. It’s not an issue with kopernicus. I would bring it up with them first.

54 minutes ago, Galileo said:

This because the devs of those planet packs need to define the brightness curves for the stars in their packs. It’s not an issue with kopernicus. I would bring it up with them first.

Ah ok thanks. And its only going to be an issue with a planet pack then if the planet pack includes stars. I double checked and GPP is the one causing it for me with that kopernicus change - I'll check there (I know there is a recent update to GPP I have not yet installed). Thanks again.

Edited by psamathe

3 minutes ago, psamathe said:

Ah ok thanks. And its only going to be an issue with a planet pack then if the planet pack includes stars. I double checked and GPP is the one causing it for me with that kopernicus change - I'll check there (I know there is a recent update to GPP I have not yet installed). Thanks again.

Yeah you will need the latest release of GPP

Crossposting my reply from the MFI thread here, because I feel it is important.

6 hours ago, Thrandir said:

Hello, i have a problem about it. Since it is linked with modularflightintegrator, it gives, sun-shadow texture error.

all details can be found on this topic.

Thank you for your effort and work. :)

Stop right there.

So neither the assumtion that this is a bug is true, nor that this is caused by MFI. MFI does nothing to starlight or shadow rendering. If any mod should be blamed for this it would be Kopernicus.
But it isn't Kopernicus fault, at least not directly. This bug is based on the (wrong) assumption that the distance parameter of Kopernicus Intensity Curves (for local space and scaled space) use the same distance units, which is not true.

But it kinda was the default behaviour because of a stupid bug that I didn't notice. (the one intensity curve overwrote the other, so they effectively had the same distance units). This bug was fixed in the latest Kopernicus Release, and even though the correct behaviour was
documented multiple times in the Kopernicus thread (and even the bug was posted there), planet makers still didn't change their curves (they could do that, because one curve wasn't used at all - it would have had no influence on their stars). I am not blaming them though because
Kopernicus documentation is a true hellhole. The only one who deserves blame is me because I messed this up, and didn't notice this for months.

But also generally speaking: I find it truly astonishing how many users claim to know exactly which mod causes the failure they are experiencing and straigtly blame the authors of said mod. Don't get me wrong, the reasons for doing that are good, you want to help fixing this bug etc., but
you simply aren't the one with the experience here. If you would have the experience to figure out what exactly causes the bug you could go on, fix it yourself and submit the fix to me, sarbian, or whoever else.

TL;DR: Planet packs need to fix their intensity curves to work with Kopernicus 1.3.1-3, and you should blame me, not sarbian or the planet makers.

Hi,

I've updated ModuleManager to the latest and it seems that it cannot handle some of the patches either from Kopernicus or from Sigma Dimensions:

[LOG 14:14:29.881] [ModuleManager] :FOR[SIGDIM2] pass
[LOG 14:14:29.882] [ModuleManager] Applying update Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension/applySettings/@Kopernicus to Kopernicus/Config/System/Kopernicus
[LOG 14:14:29.882] [ModuleManager] Applying update Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension/atmoScale/@Kopernicus to Kopernicus/Config/System/Kopernicus
[LOG 14:14:30.035] [ModuleManager] Applying update Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension/lightScale/@Kopernicus to Kopernicus/Config/System/Kopernicus
[LOG 14:14:30.069] [ModuleManager] Applying update Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension/newCacheFiles/@Kopernicus to Kopernicus/Config/System/Kopernicus
[WRN 14:14:30.103] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key name in Body
[ERR 14:14:30.104] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key cacheFile = #Kopernicus/Cache/$name$.bin

[LOG 14:14:33.100] [ModuleManager] Done patching
[WRN 14:14:33.107] [ModuleManager] Errors in patch prevents the creation of the cache
[LOG 14:14:33.110] [ModuleManager] ModuleManager: 9664 patches applied, found <color=orange>1 error</color>
1 error related to GameData/Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension/newCacheFiles.cfg

Logs, mod list etc: https://home.hvt.bme.hu/~kubi/ksp/ModuleMgr_Kopernicus_Sigma_20171205_1424.tgz

In this log, Galileo is still 1.5.3 as it is on CKAN, but I tried with 1.5.88 too...

Any quick advice?

23 minutes ago, kubi said:

Hi,

I've updated ModuleManager to the latest and it seems that it cannot handle some of the patches either from Kopernicus or from Sigma Dimensions:

[LOG 14:14:29.881] [ModuleManager] :FOR[SIGDIM2] pass
[LOG 14:14:29.882] [ModuleManager] Applying update Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension/applySettings/@Kopernicus to Kopernicus/Config/System/Kopernicus
[LOG 14:14:29.882] [ModuleManager] Applying update Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension/atmoScale/@Kopernicus to Kopernicus/Config/System/Kopernicus
[LOG 14:14:30.035] [ModuleManager] Applying update Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension/lightScale/@Kopernicus to Kopernicus/Config/System/Kopernicus
[LOG 14:14:30.069] [ModuleManager] Applying update Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension/newCacheFiles/@Kopernicus to Kopernicus/Config/System/Kopernicus
[WRN 14:14:30.103] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key name in Body
[ERR 14:14:30.104] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key cacheFile = #Kopernicus/Cache/$name$.bin

[LOG 14:14:33.100] [ModuleManager] Done patching
[WRN 14:14:33.107] [ModuleManager] Errors in patch prevents the creation of the cache
[LOG 14:14:33.110] [ModuleManager] ModuleManager: 9664 patches applied, found <color=orange>1 error</color>
1 error related to GameData/Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension/newCacheFiles.cfg

Logs, mod list etc: https://home.hvt.bme.hu/~kubi/ksp/ModuleMgr_Kopernicus_Sigma_20171205_1424.tgz

In this log, Galileo is still 1.5.3 as it is on CKAN, but I tried with 1.5.88 too...

Any quick advice?

Redownload Rescale! and try again

Edited by Galileo

25 minutes ago, suomynonA said:

Been forever since I tried making planets and one problem was I always wanted them to be full scale as opposed to 1/10. Is it possible to make custom full sized bodies with just Kopernicus or would I need some other mods I'm unaware of?

you can make them any size you want, the only limit is your imagination

and your skill :D

and some KSP technical limitations :D

2 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

you can make them any size you want, the only limit is your imagination

and your skill :D

and some KSP technical limitations :D

Good to know, guess I'm having a different issue then that I cant figure out. I have a planet I'm trying as a test and it just doesn't load, no errors, nothing.

1 minute ago, suomynonA said:

Good to know, guess I'm having a different issue then that I cant figure out. I have a planet I'm trying as a test and it just doesn't load, no errors, nothing.

click the nyan cat in my sig and follow the instructions :wink:

12 minutes ago, suomynonA said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6fo45d6hqalarp/Info.zip?dl=0 Here's hoping I got everything, as far as I know the only mod I'm using is kopernicus. I'm pretty sure I reinstalled the game a few months ago and kept it clean.

honestly I can't see anything wrong with that 

what bug exactly are you experiencing?

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

Redownload Rescale! and try again

Thanks!

Deleting and reinstalling did not help somehow. But when I started the game without 2.5x, it cleared something. So when I downloaded again and started the game with it, the game started to work. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.