[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

Hey Thomas, I literally made my account to say thanks.

I was struck by an amazing bout of unlucky timing, tried to get back into KSP on Wednesday and got to Ceti in my new save before I got rekt by 1.6.1 and the mod was outdated. A little bummed I would have to wait for you to update it, but you've done so WAY quicker than I could ever have hoped.

Just.. thanks again. Great work.

8 hours ago, Finray said:

Hey Thomas, I literally made my account to say thanks.

I was struck by an amazing bout of unlucky timing, tried to get back into KSP on Wednesday and got to Ceti in my new save before I got rekt by 1.6.1 and the mod was outdated. A little bummed I would have to wait for you to update it, but you've done so WAY quicker than I could ever have hoped.

Just.. thanks again. Great work.

Your thanks is plenty motivation for modders to keep modding. :) You may want to read back in this thread a bit and learn to prepare yourself for the next KSP release.

Not that it's your fault or anything; CKAN is still listing Kittopia Tech v 1.3.0, looking for it in your "KittopiaTech-Legacy" folder on Github.  Somebody over there may need a little nudge to get the current version listed.

Kopernicus updated on CKAN just fine.

On 12/25/2018 at 11:06 AM, Cyrus Playz said:

KSP: 1.5.1 windows bit

Problem: kittopia ui does not show up even when I press ctrl+p

Mods installed:

Sigma binary

Module Manager.3.1.0

scatterer

squad

squad  expansion

kopernicus 1.5.1

kittopia tech 1.5.1

kerbaltek

Reproduction steps:

load up ksp,go into the tracking station and press ctrl+p  and watch that nothing will pop up

Log:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w108uzttbl6mp2p/output_log(2).txt

I don't know if this has already been said, but remove scatterer (IIRC KT and scatterer don't work with eachother)

Edited by GenesisPlayz
Whoops

On 1/13/2019 at 1:00 PM, Gapone said:

Can the bugs with reparenting Kerbin be fixed?

I was just thinking that this might be fixed right now, as of Kopernicus 1.6.1-1.

I'm putting together a 1.6.1 version of Alien Space Programs which includes Laythe as a starting point. I used to require PostSpawnOrbit{} to move "Kerbin" to Jool's orbit after creating it, but it appears this is no longer needed.

Here's a basic config that templates Laythe and makes it the home world. It deletes Kerbin and its moons, then builds a new Kerbin from Laythe's template in orbit of Jool:

!Body[Laythe]{}
	!Body[Mun]{}
	!Body[Minmus]{}

@Body[Kerbin] //Homeworld Laythe
	{
		//Legacy cbNameLater
		%cbNameLater = Laythe
		%identifier = AlienSpacePrograms/Laythe
		@Template
		{
			@name = Laythe
		}
		%Debug
		{
			update = true
		}
		@Properties
		{
			displayName = #autoLOC_910029 // Laythe
			isHomeWorld = True
			@ScienceValues
			{
			}
		}
		@Orbit
		{
			%referenceBody = Squad/Jool
		}
		SpaceCenter
		{
			//PQSCity
			latitude = 0
			longitude = 198.4
			lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
			repositionToSphereSurface = true
			repositionToSphereSurfaceAddHeight = true
			repositionRadiusOffset = -20
			//Fix added for induced rotation
			reorientToSphere = true  
			reorientFinalAngle = 72

//MapDecal 
			decalLatitude = 0
			decalLongitude = 198.4
			heightMapDeformity = 670
			absoluteOffset = 0
			absolute = true
			radius = 10000

//Ground Materials
			groundColor = .091, .0851, 0.069, 0.5
			groundTexture = BUILTIN/ksc_exterior_terrain_ground
		}
		@ScaledVersion
		{

}
		@PQS
		{

}
	}

Notice the lack of PostSpawnOrbit{} and the addition of the identifier value. This also includes Jool's new stock identifier in the referenceBody value.

It seemed to ignore PostSpawnOrbit{} entirely and put Laythe below the surface of the sun at first. Then I changed Orbit{} directly and, not only does the Space Center scene work, but the funny business of Jool streaking off into the distance has stopped happening.

I'm wondering if this is what the identifier= value accomplishes.

Edited by Gordon Fecyk
Module Manager syntax error

1 minute ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

I used to require PostSpawnOrbit{} to move "Kerbin" to Jool's orbit after creating it, but it appears this is no longer needed.

The bug I am reffering to is that when reparenting kerbin the space center view goes dank.

2 minutes ago, Gapone said:

The bug I am reffering to is that when reparenting kerbin the space center view goes dank.

You mean dark? That happened when reparenting Kerbin but not using PostSpawnOrbit{} to do the reparenting. This appears to be fixed, too.

Do you have an example config where you're reparenting Kerbin but the KSC view goes dark or otherwise doesn't work right?

Edited by Gordon Fecyk
Asked for example

6 minutes ago, Gapone said:

For example, when I start on Laythe the Jool moves very quickly out of view, and kerbol issues (permanent night)

That's from using PostSpawnOrbit{} Pre-1.6.1. Here, I'll upload my new Laythe config to the ASP repository and let you try it out. Remember to install the rest of the ASP 1.5.1 release before adding that piece.

OK, never mind, that isn't fixed; Jool kind-of rises and sets like the sun normally does in the stock KSC scene. But at timewarp x 1 Jool doesn't move quickly out of view anymore.

Edited by Gordon Fecyk

I am using the backport for 1.5.1, and I get this message in logs (here is just a small example):

[EXC 22:30:47.029] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate ()
[EXC 22:30:47.064] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.100] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.136] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.172] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.207] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.244] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.276] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.309] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.342] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.376] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.409] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.443] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.478] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.513] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.549] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.586] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.621] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.657] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.692] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.726] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.762] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.799] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.834] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.870] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.906] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.942] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:47.977] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:48.013] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:48.049] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:48.086] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:48.120] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:48.157] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:48.193] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:48.228] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:48.262] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:48.295] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:48.333] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:48.368] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:48.404] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 22:30:48.440] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Here is my modlist:

bAkdLPx.png

As it may be expected from running the 1.5.1 version of Kopernicus, I am running version 1.5.1.

Are there any possible incompatibilities?

Edited by Kerbiter

19 hours ago, Kerbiter said:

I am using the backport for 1.5.1, and I get this message in logs (here is just a small example)

I see Stock Visual Terrain and Outer Planets Mod in use here, which would have Kopernicus configurations. Are there any that I've missed?

I'd first narrow this down to only the add-ons that use Koperncus, and go from there. Also I'd make sure the version of Modular Flight Integrator is the one included with that version of Kopernicus.

23 minutes ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

I see Stock Visual Terrain and Outer Planets Mod in use here, which would have Kopernicus configurations. Are there any that I've missed?

I'd first narrow this down to only the add-ons that use Koperncus, and go from there. Also I'd make sure the version of Modular Flight Integrator is the one included with that version of Kopernicus.

Solved the issue. OPM Tilt seems to be the issue, since it's incredibly old.

Question for the planet creators out there who have dabbled with Biome creation....

Is there a best practice methodology with selecting biome colors to avoid unwanted biome popping up between edges? Is there a particular palette that helps?
As an Example, if you have biomes (in color order) A,B,C,D and you want to have biome A next to biome D without the double ring of biomes B & C appearing in between?

Methods I'm using so far:
    increase the resolution on the biome map to reduce the width of any "inbetween biomes" when they do appear (annoyingly it's mostly the 'poles' that appear inbetween biomes during my testing)
    I'm using Paint.net and saving the file as a 32-bit .png
    anti-aliasing is off for any colors applied
    reduce 'nesting' of biomes where possible

I've read through the 2016 @Poodmund post here and have a handle on the "hard" line requirement and making sure there is no dithering used when saving the file.

Is there a certain amount that's unavoidable if you want biome overlaps? (Hence squards use of the 'Slopes' biome)

Edited by wile1411

@wile1411, I've repeatedly had the problem you describe.  I've tried the techniques described by @Poodmund and others and it just won't work for me.  Don't know why it works for them and not me; very frustrating.

The only thing I've found that I can get to work is to use the Web palette.  Using the Web palette, for each of R, G and B, you can only use the values 0, 51, 102, 153, 204 and 255.  So that gives a total of 6^3 = 216 possible colors.

But even using the Web palette, I still can't get it to work if I save the file in Photoshop.  For some mysterious reason, it will only work for me if I save the file using GIMP.  What I do is create the biome map in Photoshop and save it as a RGB file.  I then load it into GIMP and select, Image > Mode > Indexed > Use custom palette > Web > Convert.  Then just save it as a .PNG file.

It makes no sense to me, but that's the ONLY thing I can get to work that eliminates the problem.

Edited by OhioBob

No Ocean = Bad Frame Rate?

I released Alien Space Programs 1.6.1 last weekend. Yay. For some reason though, regardless of how I build the home world I will get a poor frame rate if I launch a 100+ part craft, if the home world has no ocean. This means using Duna, Minmus, Dres, Tylo or Jool (!) as the home world template will result in a poor frame rate. Using Eve, Kerbin or Laythe I get a much improved frame rate.

On a lark I removed Kerbin's ocean with removeOcean=True and !Ocean{}. I get a bad frame rate and the mission timer goes yellow. I put the ocean back, frame rate returns to normal. Going into on-rails time warp improves the frame rate and exiting it slows it back down. Cheating to the low orbit of another world restores a good frame rate, regardless of whether that world has an ocean or not. This is happening without any visual add-ons as well.

Does the home world need an ocean for some reason? Even if it's hidden from view?

[Update] Apparently, the home world needs an ocean. I copied Laythe's Ocean{} config to homeworld Tylo and the frame rate improved to Kerbin-like frame rates. While that might work as a placeholder for most stock worlds, I have no idea how I'm going to add an ocean to Minmus.

Edited by Gordon Fecyk
Apparently, yes.

4 hours ago, OhioBob said:

@wile1411, I've repeatedly had the problem you describe.  I've tried the techniques described by @Poodmund and others and it just won't work for me.  Don't know why it works for them and not me; very frustrating.

The only thing I've found that I can get to work is to use the Web palette.  Using the Web palette, for each of R, G and B, you can only use the values 0, 51, 102, 153, 204 and 255.  So that gives a total of 6^3 = 216 possible colors.

But even using the Web palette, I still can't get it to work if I save the file in Photoshop.  For some mysterious reason, it will only work for me if I save the file using GIMP.  What I do is create the biome map in Photoshop and save it as a RGB file.  I then load it into GIMP and select, Image > Mode > Indexed > Use custom palette > Web > Convert.  Then just save it as a .PNG file.

It makes no sense to me, but that's the ONLY thing I can get to work that eliminates the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion @OhioBob. I gave it a test with loading in GIMP and converting to a Web palette. While it certainly helped some some combos, there are still other color combos I'm seeing while if my Kerbal walks 10m near a biome border they end up crossing 4 biomes. Pretty sure that is due to the border line generation in KSP creating rings of intermediate biome colors.

I found the best information where the problem is described to be these series of posts from an old Custom Biome thread I've been reading.

I plan to paint a test grid and load it into KSP to show where every color I'm using crosses every other color. It would also allow me to see which combos do and don't work well next to each other. 

Does the order of the biome definitions in the cfg file make any difference? I've not had a chance to test this and thought I'd ask if anyone else had?

1 hour ago, luxorpt said:

Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier..

Is not this the right forum since mod?

I suggest asking here.

And regarding how to upload logs, use dropbox or drive.

Oh, and did you install module manager?

Korpenicus wont work without its dependencies.

Modular flight integration, or something like that, i believe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.