[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

On 8/3/2019 at 1:57 PM, KirkandKirk said:

my solar panel doesn't work.

i'm using RSS with a ksp version of 1.7.3. i got the latest version of kopernicus. 

i've tried several ways, 

if i delete the file : :gamedata/kopernicus/config/solarpanel.cfg, the solar panels still don't work; with no data in receiving area or energy output. 

if i delete the two files: 

gamedata/kopernicus/config/solarpanel.cfg

and gamedata/realsolarsystem/kopernicus/config/solarpanel.cfg , it shows the data of receiving area, but there's no output of energy. 

delete the cfg file in the realsolarsystem/copernicus, is still useless. 

i press the alt+F12 and it shows:

Error: Timing FI threw during Update: System. NulIReference Exception: Object
reference not set to an Instance of an object
atKopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.SunbodyFlux
(ModularFI.ModularFlightIntegrator flightIntegrator) [0x00000) In <filename unknown>:0
at ModularFIModularFllghtIntegrator. CalculateSunBodyFlux () [Ox00000]In <filename unknown>:0
at FlightIntegrator. ThermoPrecalculate () [Oxo0000] In <filename unknown: 0
at FlightIntegrator Update () [Ox00000] in <filename unknown>: 0
at ModularFLModularFllghtintegrator. TimedUpdate O [ax0000o] In <filename unknown>: 0
at TimingFI. Update () [Ox00000] In <filename unknown>:0
Exception: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Exception: NullReferenceException

Exception: NullReferenceException

anyone can help? 

This is a common bug with Kopernicus.  You're probably going to have to wait for an update.  Even I'm having this bug and have had a lot of it in the past.  For the record, I'm not using RSS, but I am using AVP.

If I knew some C#, maybe I could nail the bug, but I haven't learned C#, so sorry about that.  My suggestion is just to be patient.

33 minutes ago, Nittany Tiger said:

This is a common bug with Kopernicus.  You're probably going to have to wait for an update.  Even I'm having this bug and have had a lot of it in the past.  For the record, I'm not using RSS, but I am using AVP.

If I knew some C#, maybe I could nail the bug, but I haven't learned C#, so sorry about that.  My suggestion is just to be patient.

I didn’t experience this bug in AVP or JNSQ so I still recommend making sure everything and its dependencies are installed properly. 

23 hours ago, Jognt said:

I didn’t experience this bug in AVP or JNSQ so I still recommend making sure everything and its dependencies are installed properly. 

I'll probably do a complete re-install of KSP and the mods or just re-install Kopernicus and AVP and dependencies.  It probably is something up with that.

EDIT 8/12/19: Reinstall of AVP and Kopernicus fixed the problems.  I think the problem was that I did a "lazy" update of the mods, meaning I didn't uninstall and reinstall the mods.  Can't be lazy updating mods. :P

Edited by Nittany Tiger

Using KittopiaTech

What do I paste into the "texture" box in kittopia tech? Gamedata\...\texturename does not work, and the arrow is grayed out. Picture
I am trying to give Kerbin a ring. I assume that however I link to a texture here is the same everywhere else for kittopiatech.

I've got a problem with Kopernicus not loading a system properly. KSP 1.7.3 using OPM, GEP_Secondary and Event Horizon. Said to contact you with the following info:

KSP.log - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dFr9aJeeu326sGPTPHPNmYqbHgBWbMJM/view?usp=sharing

ModuleManager.ConfigSHA - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h0PIXwJVzP7wwVH00oQUt5LU1VYXcRA5/view?usp=sharing

Logs/Kopernicus folder - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10-Y90BJNGbYdN8E9mlHUnFuiJQHxfbnR?usp=sharing

Everything loaded just fine the first time. I restarted it quickly and then I started seeing the error. I probably messed up the install of GPP _Secondary but I'm not 100% sure. 

Edited by madindehead

Is it normal for the mod to spam the in game console?  I either get Warning: (Kopernicus) Add/remove(x amount) colliders. I'm wondering if that might be a reason why whenever I go out of time warp on Mün, my framerate drops by half. Thanks!

32 minutes ago, toksikka said:

Is it normal for the mod to spam the in game console?  I either get Warning: (Kopernicus) Add/remove(x amount) colliders. I'm wondering if that might be a reason why whenever I go out of time warp on Mün, my framerate drops by half. Thanks!

I understand why you’d make that correlation, that message is harmless though. 

The reason you’re getting that slowdown is most likely due to a known bug in Kopernicus. I think work on a fix is underway, in the meantime there’s a ModuleManager patch in the last few pages that should alleviate most of the slowdown. :) 

Edit: I placed a link to the patch in my signature. Not sure if it shows for old posts, if not, there’s a link one page back by me. 

Edited by Jognt

1 minute ago, toksikka said:

Thanks for replying! Sounds promising to me. Sadly I'm too retarded to do anything with that line of code. Mind explaining me what am I supposed to do with that?

1. Copy everything from the first @ to the last } (so everything in that grey block);
  2. Open a text editor;
  3. Paste it in there;
  4. Save it as something like Kopernicus1731TempFix.cfg (name isn't critical, just name it so you remember what it is. Just make sure it ends in .cfg);
  5. Place the newly created file somewhere in your KSP/GameData folder (I'd make a new folder that contains your personal custom patches, name is not important, so GameData/mycutelittlepatches/fixFile.cfg would work);
  6. Done!

As long as that code is in a file that ends in ".cfg", and that file is somewhere in your KSP/GameData folder, it'll work. You can/should remove the patch if/once Kopernicus updates as it won't be needed anymore then.

11 minutes ago, toksikka said:

It actually works! :D HAHA YES, FINALLY I can enjoy the game again without wanting to tear my eyes out due to having 8 FPS on Mün. Now I'm getting 40-50 FPS. Thanks again! :) 

Cheers! Glad it's sorted now :)

Edit: A side effect of that patch is that you will get contract offers to "Splash down in the Mun's Oceans" or similar. Be warned, you can't complete these (though you're welcome to try). Just a heads-up so you're not scratching your head wondering where that came from. ;)

Edited by Jognt

3 hours ago, Jognt said:

Edit: A side effect of that patch is that you will get contract offers to "Splash down in the Mun's Oceans" or similar. Be warned, you can't complete these (though you're welcome to try).

I am fully comfortable with simply landing their and ALT-F12-ing the contract. :D :P

Is there a bug with changing light sources? I've been trying to get the procedural galaxy addon 'To Boldly Go' working, and it does except a ship on the launchpad will rapidly overheat and explode if I zoom out in map view then pan past a hotter star.

Planning on doing a complete reinstall of KSP to see if that helps, but I figured I'd ask here first.

Update: A complete reinstall of Kerbal Space Program, Kopernicus, and TBG did not resolve the issue.

Edited by nubeees
Tested a total reinstall

On 7/26/2019 at 5:14 AM, Jognt said:

Uhm, thinking about it.. How would I place the tweak from @SkyRex94 into a MM patch? I know how to MM-patch, but since the example would add it to every body and Kopernicus is a complex beast I'm wondering "Which bodies do I need to filter out?". I'm not fond of directly editing files for specific bodies, hence the MM-patch question.

Edit: I think I got it. My test save works fine with this MM patch. Though Garbage Creation is still in the 17000KB per frame zone it at least plays smoothly. I'll take the increased GC stutter over 'unplayable FPS' any time. :cool:

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
	@Body:HAS[@PQS,!Ocean]
	{
		%Ocean
		{
			maxQuadLengthsPerFrame = 0.03
		}
	}
}

No idea how to do anything with MM. where would i put this?

Question: How would you make a tiny planet around the size of the KSC?

I've been wondering about this ever since I found out about the long-since-discontinued Minimus Sprinkle mod, which gave Kerbin another moon: A tiny version of Minmus named Sprinkle.

This mod doesn't work anymore, but I would like to make something like it to bring back the Magic Boulder give Duna more moons.

3 hours ago, Thadeasaurous1 said:

Open notepad and paste the text into a blank page. Save as x.cfg (where x can be whatever name you like) and put your newly created cfg-file into KSP's gamedata folder.

For better overview you could even make your own folder inside the gamedata folder and stash own configs there. Name the folder i.e HomebrewConfigs

2 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

Open notepad and paste the text into a blank page. Save as x.cfg (where x can be whatever name you like) and put your newly created cfg-file into KSP's gamedata folder.

For better overview you could even make your own folder inside the gamedata folder and stash own configs there. Name the folder i.e HomebrewConfigs

ahh, OK. Thanks so much.

23 hours ago, Jognt said:

Cheers! Glad it's sorted now :)

Edit: A side effect of that patch is that you will get contract offers to "Splash down in the Mun's Oceans" or similar. Be warned, you can't complete these (though you're welcome to try). Just a heads-up so you're not scratching your head wondering where that came from. ;)

Can't complete them even if you splash down? I have found some water on Mun and Minmus with that patch, lol. I guess some spots go under 0 elevation.

7 hours ago, Thadeasaurous1 said:

I saw you got it sorted, there's a step-by-step on how to do it 5 posts above yours on this page though.

7 minutes ago, nwillard said:

Can't complete them even if you splash down? I have found some water on Mun and Minmus with that patch, lol. I guess some spots go under 0 elevation.

Well if you manage to actually splash down you can probably complete them. If you've found some spots of water, be sure to take a selfie. You could even start a hypetrain by posting said selfie on the internets saying "Look, I found water!", without saying why the water is there :D. (But that'd be a bad person thing to do I think ;) )

Edited by Jognt

I'm having an issue which seems to be linked to switching stars in map view. It causes my vessel to overheat and explode while sitting on the launchpad, often times displaying a temperature of infinity!

Logs:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8w7abk8ajiw68vs/Logs-Kopernicus.zip/file

My suspicion is this is somehow linked to ModularflightIntegrator, but I could certainly be wrong. 

Only mods installed are the most recent releases of:

• Module manager
  • Kopernicus
  • ModularFlightIntegrator
  • To Boldly Go

this is on a fresh install of KSP, as I've been trying to isolate this bug for a few days now.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

14 minutes ago, Tabris said:

getting some serious NRE spam from kopernicus.

Github Issue

I've run into the same problem.  Just started today, so I'm assuming it has to do with a mod That got updated.

Updated Mods (Grabbed names from CKAN):

1. MechJeb 2 - DEV RELEASE
  2. Transfer Window Planner
  3. ScienceAlert ReAlerted
  4. Toolbar
  5. Docking Cam

1 hour ago, Shalfar said:

I've run into the same problem.  Just started today, so I'm assuming it has to do with a mod That got updated.

Updated Mods (Grabbed names from CKAN):

1. MechJeb 2 - DEV RELEASE
  2. Transfer Window Planner
  3. ScienceAlert ReAlerted
  4. Toolbar
  5. Docking Cam

probably Transfer Window Planner

Just removed TWP no Kopernicus NRE Spam

Edited by Tabris
tested

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.