[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

Hello @Maxi-Mio, please remember that while it's not against the rules to request an update, so long as it's not repetitive and polite, the KSP 1.8 update changed much of the underlying code and our great modding community also have real life responsibilities as well as creating and updating wonderful free content so it's best to be patient while we wait for our favorite mods to update. 

4 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

Apparently, yes.

Basically, I think if it doesn't come straight from the source, don't trust it.

@Rocketology was given a dev version to test over the weekend, so was another streamer named @woeller. They are legit. A Monday release was planned but a few last minute things came up. Stay tuned :)

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

@Rocketology was given a dev version to test over the weekend, so was another streamer named @woeller. They are legit. A Monday release was planned but a few last minute things came up. Stay tuned :)

@Rocketology was given confidential information and spilled the beans on twitter.

I don't know how this will impact his legit status going forward :P

(I'm just joking rocket <3)

4 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

@Rocketology was given confidential information and spilled the beans on twitter.

I don't know how this will impact his legit status going forward :P

(I'm just joking rocket <3)

I also completely got a release date wrong last week. I’m not worthy either lol

it also doesn’t take away from the legitimacy of the dev version he had ;) also, Monday didn’t exist.

Edited by Galileo

Between the TwitterLeaks event, and even the Kop Team themselves suggesting a hardish-target for release time, and having to (legitimately) back peddle...
I think I'll still stick with the most-est legit source of *all*, for knowing when Kop 1.8.1 has released... :P

i am 110% sure that as Soon™ as you see this (thread title):

[1.7.3-2 + Backports] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

become this:

[1.8.1-1] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

8 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

Apparently, yes.

Basically, I think if it doesn't come straight from the source, don't trust it.

I forgot to add "barring any major bug finds" in that tweet. Which obviously happened. And I probably should have just stated "soon". The idea was to build hype for the release, as at that time, all parties thought a Monday release was going to happen. #monday gate.....lol

Those tweets are also for my audience, of which @Galileo and @Sigma88 are there often, and are willing to answer questions to the best of their ability, because they are simply that awesome. Should have stopped by and you would have heard it directly from the source!

15 minutes ago, ElJugador said:

Incidentally, have any modders figured out how to add Breaking Ground-style terrain objects yet?

If you mean just adding what squad has already given us to other bodies, yes. If you mean making our own models and using them as breaking ground scatters, then no, not yet

I've been away for a while. Ill be darned if this isnt the best modding community in existence, or game community period. Look at this - teams of people working to maintain mods in the face of complex changes over YEARS, torches get passed and mantles taken up, yes some mods fall prey to one update or another as people move on IRL but the best ones almost never die.

Well done everyone! You could put this stuff on your CV.

54 minutes ago, ElJugador said:

Incidentally, have any modders figured out how to add Breaking Ground-style terrain objects yet?

Someone shared a .dll with me that allows you to add bg features to bodies made with Kopernicus... Supposedly, I haven't tried it yet since I don't want to revert ksp to 1.7.

So far, without any mods (kopernicus or otherwise), by just text editing the appropriate file from BG, I can make a duplicate of laythe geysers that shows up on kerbin, rename them, change the text when scanned... etc... But its just making copies of existing features while changing the text and where they spawn.

I plan to give my mod world Rald some geysers when kopernicus updates, using that .dll

I don't know if it is ok to share it or the name of who gave it to me... I figured if it was meant to be shared, it would be publicly shown in its own thread... Maybe they are still working on some kinks before going public

Edited by KerikBalm

As long as it's good and isn't full of major bugs, I don't care if it's another 6 months away!  I hope not........ but I'm very happy to have it whenever it releases.  Knowing that 1.9 is coming as well, I could understand developers waiting to fully release mods this large until that releases.  All in all, I'm excited beyond what it seems here.  But I understand that mod authors aren't paid often times for their work.  I can't do this stuff myself, so waiting is fine by me when needed. :)

Seeing as I pretty much exclusively use Realism Overhaul, I'm pretty used to "delayed" updates. Not too long ago, RO was still in KSP 1.6.1... Compared to many other mods, Kopernicus is updated pretty quickly, so the fact that Kopernicus remains in 1.7.3 doesn't bother me too much.

Super thankful for the existence of this mod! Patiently waiting for the next release, as this is something given to us in the free time of its creators.

A major game enhancing mod that is always worth the wait, and though I get anxious from time to time, I know it'll be worth it. The longer the wait, the sweeter the reward in cases like this, imo!

Guys please don't mention you're waiting for the mod, I know you're sincere but it's not necessary. I check if its updated often like others, I load the page, see 1.7.3, jump to the last page, read a bit of what the devs say, I close the page, all without commenting as it's not needed and fills up the sub with unnecessary commentary and can likely annoy the devs

Edited by The-Doctor

5 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

Guys please don't mention your waiting for the mod, I know you're sincere but it's not necessary. I check if its updated often like others, I load the page, see 1.7.3, jump to the last page, read a bit of what the devs say, I close the page, all without commenting as it's not needed and fills up the sub with unnecessary commentary and can likely annoy the devs

Assuming you're referring to the comment right before yours (as well as others)... I'm not really sure what the problem is with his comment? All he was saying is that the wait will be worth it and showing his appreciation for the mod. I'm not exactly sure how there's something wrong with that. Shouldn't we be encouraging people to behave in that way?

52 minutes ago, AndrewDraws said:

Shouldn't we be encouraging people to behave in that way?

Yes, absolutely.

There is nothing wrong with showing appreciation. Saying thanks does not get in the way of a release, or annoy devs. It also doesn’t hide a release announcement either. The OP will change, and people will talk about it, surely. You won’t miss anything, I can assure you.

Edited by Galileo

Just fired up KSP and CKAN for the first time after a long break. Decided I'd go with a harder planet pack, went to go look at GPP, and discovered JNSQ was a thing. Needless to say, I am HYPED for the update of Kopernicus/JNSQ so I can play with the improved KSP 1.8.1 which supposedly has better framerates. Also got a new graphics card since the last time I played KSP so hopefully that helps with the good looking planet packs.

So a huge thank you to the Kopernicus devs :) Looking forward to getting into JNSQ soon!

Does anyone know where I can find a calculator for pressure and temperature curves or at least some tool that will let me draw a curve and give me a bunch of points to use for them (since it's easy to look at the curves of the real life planets)

I heard KillAshley had one but they have been silent for 2 years

Edited by Autolyzed Yeast Extract

14 minutes ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

Does anyone know where I can find a calculator for pressure and temperature curves or at least some tool that will let me draw a curve and give me a bunch of points to use for them (since it's easy to look at the curves of the real life planets)

I heard KillAshley had one but they have been silent for 2 years

There's this...

I've heard the online versions don't work anymore, so you might have to download the spreadsheets.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.