[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

Just now, PyjackMeat said:

Any using PQS/Mods or Voronoi Craters will need updated.

No Idea what that means sorry. To be honest I've never left the solar system and I started an interstellar extended campaign several months ago for the first time knowing I wouldnt' make it out quickly anyway.

So, if you dont mind, what are PQS/Mods and Voronoi Craters? And how can I tell if a planet pack has them?

I seem to be getting this error...

[LOG 11:59:47]: Parsing Target Mods in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PQSLoader) as (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Kopernicus.Configuration.ModLoader.IModLoader])
[LOG 11:59:49]: Exception Was Recorded: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Boolean nonPublic) [0x00003] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at Kopernicus.ConfigParser.Parser.LoadCollectionMemberFromConfigurationNode (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object o, ConfigNode node, System.String configName, System.Boolean getChildren) [0x007c6] in <698cce273aaa41f09ce80d0801f868a2>:0 
  at Kopernicus.ConfigParser.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, ConfigNode node, System.String configName, System.Boolean getChildren) [0x0014b] in <698cce273aaa41f09ce80d0801f868a2>:0 
  at Kopernicus.ConfigParser.Parser.LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object o, ConfigNode node, System.String configName, System.Boolean getChildren) [0x0030d] in <698cce273aaa41f09ce80d0801f868a2>:0 
  at Kopernicus.ConfigParser.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, ConfigNode node, System.String configName, System.Boolean getChildren) [0x0015d] in <698cce273aaa41f09ce80d0801f868a2>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.ConfigParser.Interfaces.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (ConfigNode node) [0x000d7] in <0882401b48d84227ad9c2bbcf4ce8401>:0 

@mcwaffles2003 Well, I know my planet mods use them :/

In my Duna mod to give it oceans, I have this:

Spoiler

@PQS
        {
                %Mods
                {
                       VertexHeightOffset
                    {
                        offset = -750
                        order = 9999999
                        enabled = True
                    }
                VertexHeightMap {} // this is the original one, we don't want to change that
                       VertexHeightMap
                        {
                            map = MIP/Rald/PluginData/DunaHeightAdjust.png
                            offset = 0
                            deformity = -2700
                            order = 999999999
                        }
                VertexColorMapBlend
                {
                    blend = 0.0
                }
                VertexColorMapBlend
                {
                    map = MIP/Rald/PluginData/Duna_Color_Close.png
                    blend = 1
                    order = 9999993
                    enabled = True
                    name = _LandClass
                    index = 0
                }
                           VertexColorMap
                        {
                                   map = MIP/Rald/PluginData/Duna_Color_Close.png
                              order = 500
                                   enabled = True
                        }
                //LandControl
                //{
                //    createColors = False
                //}
            }//close mods
        }//close PQS

Edited by KerikBalm

25 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

No Idea what that means sorry. To be honest I've never left the solar system and I started an interstellar extended campaign several months ago for the first time knowing I wouldnt' make it out quickly anyway.

So, if you dont mind, what are PQS/Mods and Voronoi Craters? And how can I tell if a planet pack has them?

Put simply, PQSMods are what turn planets from blank colorless spheres into what you see in the game. Everything from colors to overall terrain to ground scatters to mountains to craters, and many more things.

2 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

so do we have to wait for the planet packs to update now or should they just work? :)

also.......

THANK YOU! :D 

31 minutes ago, PyjackMeat said:

Any using PQS/Mods or Voronoi Craters will need updated.

planet packs that worked on 1.7.3 will work fine on 1.8.1. They just won’t be ready for the new terrain shaders. 

2 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Put simply, PQSMods are what turn planets from blank colorless spheres into what you see in the game. Everything from colors to overall terrain to ground scatters to mountains to craters, and many more things.

With the new textures on some of the stock planets, does that mean some planet packs will have the ability for the LOD of planets like the new Duna?

Also, thank you everyone for addressing my Q's :)

You're all awesome

Edited by mcwaffles2003

1 minute ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

With the new textures on some of the stock planets, does that mean some planet packs will have the ability for the LOD of planets like the new Duna?

Yes, the ability for the mod devs is there to utilize but the existing planet mods will have to updated to use this feature.

1 minute ago, Milvus said:

Hi, after the update, i have a problem with the menu, i can't click on the item.
the mouse on effect work, but the click don't.
I have tried to deletee some mods, but only deleting kopernicus it work.

excuse me for my english

You’ll need to do a proper bug report. See my signature for how to get support.

On 5/26/2016 at 12:52 PM, Thomas P. said:

Woohoo! This is why I check the activity page every day even though I haven't played KSP in weeks.

Now I can go and re-update my mods for 1.8.1 and start playing with that install. Thank you Kopernicus team!

Edited by scottadges

4 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

so do we have to wait for the planet packs to update now or should they just work? :)

also.......

THANK YOU! :D 

OPM, Origins, XPCR, Cyran, MohoMoons, Miporia, Outer Kerbin and Dwarf Planets are working for me. Haven't visited each body yet.

Edited by SuppaTenko
typo

57 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Yes, the ability for the mod devs is there to utilize but the existing planet mods will have to updated to use this feature.

Question, what must be changed to make use of this new feature? I'm going to assume my modifications to Duna won't get rid of the high detail textures/shaders that it already has, would that be a good assumption?

As for my mod planet "Rald", what would I need to do to give it new high def textures/shaders?

4 hours ago, Milvus said:

Hi, after the update, i have a problem with the menu, i can't click on the item.
the mouse on effect work, but the click don't.
I have tried to deletee some mods, but only deleting kopernicus it work.

excuse me for my english

Aren't you English speaker? I got same problem and I'm not English speaker, too. Maybe use non-English language to play game will trigger some bug.

(By the way, I already report this bug. Wait Author reply.)

1 hour ago, p1t1o said:

Thanks man.

I think it was "extrasolar" but I think Im going to give "Real Exoplanets" a whirl.

Thanks for the update devs!

lemme know if you are able to download it, I was trying to but spacedock kept stopping my download at 460MB out of 890MB

Edited by mcwaffles2003

8 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Planet packs will probably be at least 99% functional.  There are a few things that require syntax changes, but nothing that will break your game.  There are just some minor things that might not work anymore (though you may not even notice).

Well I'm back and I'm scanning al lot of threads where I asked about a simple question and that is removing dres...

As I recall the format for removing a planet is this, (and  hope i did it right as I did save it as a .cfg file)

but the syntax is this

!Body[Dres]{}

Or is it?

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus] { !Body[Dres]{} }

And yes i saved this in a folder called --Ppatches-- and the file name is

Planet NoDres.cfg

So hopefully someone can tell me if I got this right nor not..
Space_Coyote

Edited by Space_Coyote

9 minutes ago, Space_Coyote said:

Well I'm back and I'm scanning al lot of threads where I asked about a simple question and that is removing dres...

As I recall the format for removing a planet is this, (and  hope i did it right as I did save it as a .cfg file)

but the syntax is this

!Body[Dres]{}

And yes i saved this in a folder called == Ppatches--

So hopefully someone can tell me if I got this right nor not..
Space_Coyote

You are missing the majority of the patch. I’m not at my pc, but I’m sure @OhioBob can post the whole patch for you. I remember this being answered a few times here recently.

Edited by Galileo

Right and that is what i am trying to figure out

I believe it is this

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus] { !Body[Dres]{} }

Now let's dee if I am righ tor now.. (After all I think a lot of times, Dres just isn't a plant (or rather an asteroid) worth exploring!

Space_Coyote

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.