[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

1 hour ago, R-T-B said:

Me as well.

Do you by chance have a Radeon Graphics card?  Just checking.

I have an RX 470. I have poor performance even when flying over an ocean, even with very low part count. Currently testing a rocket near KSC with 12 parts, got between 20 and 30 FPS... You think Radeons are bad with scattering enabled? I'll try disabling it and see what happens.

On 3/4/2020 at 6:13 PM, infinite_monkey said:

I have an RX 470. I have poor performance even when flying over an ocean, even with very low part count. Currently testing a rocket near KSC with 12 parts, got between 20 and 30 FPS... You think Radeons are bad with scattering enabled? I'll try disabling it and see what happens.

Yeah, I have to turn of terrain scatters to get acceptable performance in any mode, and I'm running a RX 5700 XT, so horsepower isn't the issue.

On 3/5/2020 at 3:19 AM, dok_377 said:

No. GTX 1060 6gb. 

Interesting.  Seems it's not just a branded issue then.

7 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

forgive me if I ask something you already explained:

did you test on a completely stock install except for kopernicus and dependancies?

Yes, I tested both ways actually (was what I meant by "any mode").  Without the other clutter and mods FPS is playable, but barely (~45FPS near Kerbin).  It's best to just disable scatters atm as far as I can tell.

Edited by R-T-B

17 hours ago, R-T-B said:

Yes, I tested both ways actually (was what I meant by "any mode").  Without the other clutter and mods FPS is playable, but barely (~45FPS near Kerbin).  It's best to just disable scatters atm as far as I can tell.

I was able to reproduce the bug and I think I managed to fix it, the fix is already on the master branch of kopernicus and should be included in the 1.9.1 release provided further testing shows that the changes have no collateral effects

Edited by Sigma88

It seems like Kopernicus is causing this:

to the Kerbal Constructs Mod. The Baikerbanur Launchpad and CommNet Antenna just disappeared.

I can support these Logs+GameData Screenshot with many Mods installed, but I broke the Problem down to be caused by Kopernicus by removing all Mods and installing them again one by one.

KSP.log:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12Kituxuc2DWcnAeqCUimSl3tuh9UX7fv

ModuleManager.ConfigCache:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12Lhb1C5I-dNid2FkneelHE9sGwXI2L6H

GameData Folder:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w6pYEW5ukn_c4uZ-FC1OiHafgtYOXt36

Last time i played KSP was some while ago (more than a year?), and Kopernicus was a MUST for me.

I started playing some days ago and have to say Im very sad it doesn't work of 1.9.1. 

Do you know if is it a matter of days, weeks or months for the mod to be updated?

9 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

You can retrograde to 1.8.1 if you had the game on Steam.

I bought it from their main page. I could still donwload any version, they offer it, but i already installed many mods and advanced many hours in gameplay, it would be very  tedious to do it. 

I just wanted to know how much i need to wait...

Most mods are not version locked except Kopernicus and B9partswtich, so if you have a 1.9 for most mods it won't cause any problem on a 1.8.1 game unless specified otherwise by the modders themselves. As long as the same version of Module Manager is supported it should be fine for most of them.

Edited by Quoniam Kerman

On 3/15/2020 at 12:53 PM, Corax said:

Look at Sigma88's post a few above yours, it doesn't sound like a matter of months, at least.

I've set KSP on hold for Kopernicus to finish :)
Do not want yet another partly motivated start of a new campaign... so days are passing slowly now.

Keep up the good work Sigma88!
Please share if you decide not to update

1 hour ago, EasyAce said:

I've set KSP on hold for Kopernicus to finish :)
Do not want yet another partly motivated start of a new campaign... so days are passing slowly now.

Keep up the good work Sigma88!
Please share if you decide not to update

On the plus side, I’m guessing the KSP1 team wants to release ksp1 2.0 at the same time as Ksp2, so with that being delayed I’d guess we’ll be on 1.9 for a while :P 

2 hours ago, Jognt said:

On the plus side, I’m guessing the KSP1 team wants to release ksp1 2.0 at the same time as Ksp2, so with that being delayed I’d guess we’ll be on 1.9 for a while :P 

Has there been any word tweeted by some little birds maybe or heard on a grapevine about this? Otherwise I'd confidently expect the (completely speculative) next version to be called KSP 1.10. No "KSP 1", and the logical progression goes from "1.9" to "1.10".

Edited by Corax
usuallyexceptmaybe2390100ahem

22 hours ago, Corax said:

Has there been any word tweeted by some little birds maybe or heard on a grapevine about this? Otherwise I'd confidently expect the (completely speculative) next version to be called KSP 1.10. No "KSP 1", and the logical progression goes from "1.9" to "1.10".

Nah. Just my suspicion with the rate of updates and the (what feels like) reduced changes per .x update. 

Felt to me like increasing the version number was more important than the patch itself. Otherwise 1.9 could’ve just been another 1.8.x patch. 

Edited by Jognt

11 minutes ago, Jognt said:

1.9 could’ve just been another 1.8.x patch

Completely off topic now, but I think there were enough significant additions and changes to warrant a minor version increase (new paused camera mode, overall potentially mod-breaking changes to the game camera implementation, search function in R&D, new terrain shaders, wheels again feeling a bit less broken...)

27 minutes ago, Corax said:

Completely off topic now, but I think there were enough significant additions and changes to warrant a minor version increase (new paused camera mode, overall potentially mod-breaking changes to the game camera implementation, search function in R&D, new terrain shaders, wheels again feeling a bit less broken...)

Fair enough. It’s no more than a personal suspicion after all :)  

*activates anti-derail-system*

Let’s get back to the topic at hand shall we? :) 

Edited by Jognt

Thanks for all the continued work on this, I will await Kop 1.9.1 to drop then will update RVE64k to the latest version of the game. Very interested to see graphical and performance differences in RVE moving from 1.7.3 to 1.9.1! Haven't touched visual modding since seting up 64k for 1.7.

IIRC I remember seeing something about the engine now only rendering screen space pixels of textures improving performance.. or something to that affect, would be interested to hear if anyone had observed anything like this.

Edited by pingopete

• 2 weeks later...

Many posts have been removed due to some combination of:

• pestering modders for updates (see forum rule 2.2.p)
  • berating people pestering modders for updates (3.2)
  • haring away on off-topic tangents about the philosophy of modding, and modders' relationship to users (2.2.o)

Folks, it's great that you love Kopernicus.  We all do, myself included.  :)  And I'm sure everyone means well.

Please remember, though, that:

• Modders are busy and have no obligation to anyone.  It'll be ready when it's ready.  Please don't pressure them.
  • Starting a sentence with "No pressure, but" is basically a red flag that you're pressuring.  (Just as leading with "no offense, but" is a sure-fire indicator that you're about to say something offensive, etc.)  The way to avoid pressuring people is to actually not pressure people.  Adding an empty disclaimer like that doesn't somehow "make it not count".
  • Asking "when will it be ready" is pointless.  If the authors knew when it would be ready and wanted to make an announcement about it, then they presumably already would have done so.  Until and unless they get around to that, then the answer to this question is the same as it always is:  "As soon as the authors have time and inclination to do so."
  • Please don't tell others what to do (or not to do).  You're not a moderator, it's not your place.  If you see someone whom you believe is coloring outside the lines, please just report the post and the moderators will have a look.  It's what we're for;)
  • Please try to stay on topic.  The topic of this thread is Kopernicus, and how to use it, and what it can do, etc.  The topic is not to have endless arguments on the nature of modding.  There's nothing wrong with having discussions like that, but this thread is not the place to do so; feel free to go spin up a topic in Add-on Discussions if you like.

Thank you for your understanding.

3 hours ago, Electrocutor said:

@Sigma88 Have you noticed if these last couple revisions of PQS actually add any new features or if they're just fiddling with textures and how it shades and such?

regarding 1.9.1 there was 1 PQS mod added as far as I know, that is used to handle the properties of the new shader

but it doesn't add any functionality to the planet other than enabling the new shader

I'd be more concerned about camera cleanup that they did for 1.9.1. This already shaken up most visual mods (since they were designed with the previous crocky setup in mind), and I can imagine this affecting Kopernicus in some way, too.

Can someone post an example config (perhaps now, perhaps after 1.9.1 drops?) to help the rest of us enable the awesome shaders on our mod planets?

Before I accidentally updated to 1.9 (I suppose I could revert), My mod planet's surface was just featureless black, and I don't know what to do to change that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.