[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

1 hour ago, daniel l. said:

How do i make working comet tails?

Also in the absence of a specific feature of kittopia... How do i export textures?

1. Kopernicus Expansion

2. KittopiaTech, that's it. Oh wait, it doesn't work :( 

1 hour ago, daniel l. said:

How do i make working comet tails?

Also in the absence of a specific feature of kittopia... How do i export textures?

For your first question, you can either use KopernicusExpansion, or you could try a particle system focused on the Sun with a negative speed, AKA they're moving away from the sun.

As for your second question, I don't think it's possible ATM. Thank goodness I still have a backup of 1.0.5 for planet making.

19 hours ago, Padishar said:

FAR includes version 1.1.4 of ModularFlightIntegrator and Kopernicus includes version 1.1.5 which has this bug fixed.  You have overwritten the fixed version with the broken one from FAR.  Copy the ModularFlightIntegrator folder from the Kopernicus install zip into your GameData folder and tell it to replace any existing files.

Thank you. I solved it installing version 1.1.6 on Ferram and deleting the obsolete versión.

I'm new to making planet packs and modding in general, I tried making a star using the mass, radius, and gravity from a star I made in Universe Sandbox 2, then divided the radius by 10 to make the star smaller to make it fit in more with the KSP universe. There isn't a lot of documentation on how to use Kopernicus but I managed to make this: https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CmIEeVsWAAAIHUx.mp4

It's meant to be similar to a red dwarf star so I made it a lot smaller than Kerbol, and I put in the same parameters I got from US2 while dividing the radius by 10. I have no idea why the corona is so huge, and also why there's a weird white blob around it. Also, the gravity is somewhere around 4500g for some ungodly reason, even though I specified it as 45g in the config. Does anyone know what I need to tweak in the .cfg to fix these issues? I've already modified a few things but nothing seems to work.

3 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

@Thomas P.

I think that Kopernicus is preventing my solar panels from charging. 

As mentioned a few posts up, the problem is with a Modular Flight Integrator, a dependency of this mod. It has been fixed and an update can be found in that mods thread.

3 hours ago, gigaboom2 said:

I have been trying to make a planet with Kopernicus but it won't load into the game. I watched @The White Guardian's tutorial to do it. Here is a link to what I made: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2B2V1Z5ct37M1A2SVFURHVnMmc. I can't figure out what is wrong and will appreciate any advice you can give.

1. It's not 'cachefile' but 'cacheFile'
  2. You close the Gradient incorrectly, meaning that the rest of your config is loaded inside the ScaledVersion.

6 hours ago, The White Guardian said:
  1. It's not 'cachefile' but 'cacheFile'
  2. You close the Gradient incorrectly, meaning that the rest of your config is loaded inside the ScaledVersion.

Thanks a lot! I fixed what you told me, and it still did not work. I noticed a few spelling errors and fixed those an my planet loaded. However, the planet has a red-white texture when viewed in the map or from far away, and looks like Ike when you get close in a ship. What else am I doing wrong?

1 hour ago, gigaboom2 said:

Thanks a lot! I fixed what you told me, and it still did not work. I noticed a few spelling errors and fixed those an my planet loaded. However, the planet has a red-white texture when viewed in the map or from far away, and looks like Ike when you get close in a ship. What else am I doing wrong?

'removePQSMods = true' doesn't work, it's 'removeAllPQSMods = true'

Furthermore, you specify no texture for the terrain, add VertexColorMap

VertexColorMap
{
	map = Zeoul/PluginData/Zeoul_color.tga
	enabled = true
	order = 9999999
}

Also, for the best results, use the .dds filetype. I also wonder, is the lighting in the correct position in the map view? (AKA is your normal map formatted properly?)

How would one make Kopernicus compatible with the mod KSCSwitcher? I have a feeling that it has something to do with PQS values. The main issue is I have a massive amount of launch sites available with KSCSwitcher, but I end up with "spectacular" graphical issues... Picture of said graphic bug here!

That particular site is at 28.92 latitude and you can see the issue quite easily. :P  Am I correct in assuming that at the default KSC location the sun is in that position, but at that new site from KSCSwitcher, it's nighttime? I'd really like some help in sorting this one out as it would be really hard giving up multiple launch sites from all different latitudes along side a 4x Kerbin.

2 minutes ago, FiiZzioN said:

How would one make Kopernicus compatible with the mod KSCSwitcher? I have a feeling that it has something to do with PQS values. The main issue is I have a massive amount of launch sites available with KSCSwitcher, but I end up with "spectacular" graphical issues... Picture of said graphic bug here!

That particular site is at 28.92 latitude and you can see the issue quite easily. :P  Am I correct in assuming that at the default KSC location the sun is in that position, but at that new site from KSCSwitcher, it's nighttime? I'd really like some help in sorting this one out as it would be really hard giving up multiple launch sites from all different latitudes along side a 4x Kerbin.

We need to know your installed mods

7 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

We need to know your installed mods

Literally just Kopernicus, KSCSwitcher, ModularFlightIntegrator, and Module Manager. The picture shows Sigma Dimensions, EVE and FAR, but I just tested with the bare minimums and I still get the same results.

2CSkZ0H.png

Edited by FiiZzioN

3 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

'removePQSMods = true' doesn't work, it's 'removeAllPQSMods = true'

Furthermore, you specify no texture for the terrain, add VertexColorMap

VertexColorMap
{
	map = Zeoul/PluginData/Zeoul_color.tga
	enabled = true
	order = 9999999
}

Also, for the best results, use the .dds filetype. I also wonder, is the lighting in the correct position in the map view? (AKA is your normal map formatted properly?)

I fixed the removeAllPQSMods added the VertexColorMap code but it did not change anything. What benefits are there to the .dds file type? What programs are there that can open/edit .dds maps? The lighting of the planet is off by 90 degrees, even after I set the opacity of the normal map to 50%. Thanks for your help!

On 6/30/2016 at 10:58 AM, FiiZzioN said:

Literally just Kopernicus, KSCSwitcher, ModularFlightIntegrator, and Module Manager. The picture shows Sigma Dimensions, EVE and FAR, but I just tested with the bare minimums and I still get the same results.

2CSkZ0H.png

Quoting this incase this was accidentally overlooked, if it wasn't, then my apologies.

Initial post here: Link!

16 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

Then please post your logfiles

Where are the logs that you need? Also, one should learn to specify that they want logs along side the list of mods that are installed, I'm no mind reader. Also, what are the logs going to show? There are no crashes, just the graphical glitches with the skybox...

19 minutes ago, FiiZzioN said:

Also, one should learn to specify that they want logs along side the list of mods that are installed, I'm no mind reader.

From the OP of this thread:

On 5/26/2016 at 6:52 PM, Thomas P. said:

How to get support
We're always willing to help you with your issues, but however, there are a few things you'll have to do before we can help you:

• First of all, try to find the issue yourself. Look at the Kopernicus log-files (KSPRoot/Logs/Kopernicus), and compare your config with the examples / other working configs.
  • If you can't fix it yourself, please make sure that all your mods are up to date, and that they are installed correctly
  • Send us the output_log.txt / Player.log, the Kopernicus log-files and one single plain-text config file that causes the issue, including the used textures
  • Final Note: We won't install a full config, or a config that depends on other packs. If you send us something like that, we reserve the right to ignore you. :)
  • P.S. If you need help with variables or nodes, just post your config. :) In this case, we don't need log files :D

48 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

Then please post your logfiles

Hopefully these are what you need.

Mods installed: Kopernicus, KSCSwitcher (with custom launch sites), ModularFlightIntegrator, Squad, ModuleManager.2.6.25

Still get this upon loading the save and starting at the KSCSwitcher default site: Link

Should you need KSCSwitcher with the sites I'm using, you can download it here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.