[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

34 minutes ago, Aluminum Oxide said:

Hi, does this new updated Kopernicus mod make the KSP 6.4 k mod work on 1.1.3?

Dont u think u should ask THIS in the thread belonging to the mod, instead of expecting Mod-authors to know about other mods functionality, just because the other mods has this one as a dependency?

Wonder why people not actually just try it out and expect others to "think" for them :(

38 minutes ago, Charming Thunder said:

Is anyone else getting a bug where it's impossible to load or start a game?

Whenever I load up ksp with kopernicus installed and try to load or start a game all the buttons grey out and nothing happens. I've tried installing nothing but kopernicus and the error still persists, I even tried a full clean reinstall of ksp and it still happens. I was trying to get it to work with the outer planets mod, the debug log simply says nullrefrence when I click a button:

WvNNjsG.png

well, it worked for me on a fully modded install updated from 1.1.2.

Though i didnt try it on vanilla+kopernicus. Did u try cleaning your save-folder in your new install? maybe there is an error in reading a savefile?

1 hour ago, Speadge said:

well, it worked for me on a fully modded install updated from 1.1.2.

Though i didnt try it on vanilla+kopernicus. Did u try cleaning your save-folder in your new install? maybe there is an error in reading a savefile?

Well that was my first thought and I've tried completely clearing the entire game folder and redownloading, after that still didn't work I tried clearing the scenarios and training but the bug still persisted. I then thought maybe the game was having issues generating a correct save file, so I made a save on vanilla ksp then installed kopernicus and yet still it refuses to load. It's a mystery to me.

just to double check this IS what my gamedata should look like with kopernicus and OPM installed isn't it?

1vKvbab.png

17 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

I havent tried with 1.1 yet

using 1.0.6 ships used to explode when changing lightsource from a star to another

and to prevent that I disabled stars power output in GN so basically you did not get power from solar panels

Huh. Anyhow, I've taken a look at SigmaBinary, and oh my goodness, are you some kind of wizard? :confused:

Anyhow, what happens when I add moons to a planetary system that becomes a binary system when SigmaBinary is installed? Are they automatically moved to orbit the barycenter or do I need to make a separate config that states :NEEDS[SigmaBinary]?

Also, I've been thinking of installing RSS, but I'd like to keep the system 'Kerbal scaled', could Sigma Dimensions downscale the entire system?

20 minutes ago, Charming Thunder said:

just to double check this IS what my gamedata should look like with kopernicus and OPM installed isn't it?

It looks reasonable.  Your best bet will be to upload your output_log.txt file to a file hosting site and post a link.  This should give us some clues as to what is wrong.

Incidentally, are you running the 32bit version of the game or the 64bit one?

9 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Huh. Anyhow, I've taken a look at SigmaBinary, and oh my goodness, are you some kind of wizard? :confused:

yup

10 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Anyhow, what happens when I add moons to a planetary system that becomes a binary system when SigmaBinary is installed? Are they automatically moved to orbit the barycenter or do I need to make a separate config that states :NEEDS[SigmaBinary]?

the binary system will only account for the primary and secondary

any extra moon will orbit the primary just like it would if no SigmaBinary was installed. This has to do with how ksp works so it cannot be changed.

13 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Also, I've been thinking of installing RSS, but I'd like to keep the system 'Kerbal scaled', could Sigma Dimensions downscale the entire system?

depending on what you look to get from the RSS experience you may be interested in either SASS or SSRSS

or of course you can just use SigmaDimensions to change the size of RSS

7 minutes ago, Padishar said:

It looks reasonable.  Your best bet will be to upload your output_log.txt file to a file hosting site and post a link.  This should give us some clues as to what is wrong.

Incidentally, are you running the 32bit version of the game or the 64bit one?

where would I find the output_log.txt file? I've tried running both 64bit and 32bit same error.

5 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

@Charming Thunder you are running ksp from inside ProgramFiles

never run ksp from inside ProgramFiles :D 

I've tried moving ksp out of programfiles but the same error still crops up

Sorry how do I post the log files? (I'm still pretty new to this forum stuff)

6 minutes ago, Charming Thunder said:

where would I find the output_log.txt file? I've tried running both 64bit and 32bit same error.

The log is in either the KSP_Data folder in your KSP install for 32bit, or the KSP_x64_Data folder for 64bit.  Upload the file to a file hosting service (e.g. Dropbox, GDrive etc.) and then paste the link into a post here.  You may need to tell the file hosting service that you want the file to be public before it will give you a link...

The other logs that Thomas P. mentioned are in the Logs folder in your KSP install.  Probably best to right click on the Kopernicus folder and select the "Send To/Compressed (zipped) folder" menu item.  This should create a file called Kopernicus.zip which you then upload as above.

Edited by Padishar

8 minutes ago, Charming Thunder said:

You need to make them public.  In GDrive, right click on the file and select "Get shareable link" and post those instead.

3 hours ago, Charming Thunder said:

ah, I did post the sharable links, but I guess I needed to actually turn on link sharing in the file settings?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwmt-ngTdwTAVG8xaVJobmp4M0k/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwmt-ngTdwTAMkhqQ3lpU0ducW8&usp=sharing

Hmm, something manages to kill Kopernicus before it is able to reassign the Sun.Instance field.. But I have no idea what. Does this issue also occur with just Kopernicus installed and no OPM?

Edit: I get this too.. Weird. Lets debug this one

Edit2: It seems to be the sunflare

Edit³: I released a new version, 1.1.2, get it from Github. It fixes issues reported by @Charming Thunder, @Gaiiden and @Sigma88.

Edited by Thomas P.

24 minutes ago, Atmoz said:

Hello world !

Sorry for my bad english.

I updated from ckan . Since then, when I run KSP , I have an error saying Kopernicus is incompatible with version 1.1.2 !

And that's why I don't use CKAN. Installing Kopernicus manually is very simple though, just download it from one of the provided links and drop the 'Kopernicus' folder in the downloaded archive in the 'GameData' folder in your KSP directory, and that should work fine.

15 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

I released a hotfix for the solar panels, get it from Github as usual.

As for the black atmosphere: That appears to be only the case in main menu. In flight everything works good.

As for the orbit issue: @mario-sov please try again with 1.1.1.

Runs to get the bus now

Tried with 1.1.2 same issue. Thanks anyway.

9 hours ago, Charming Thunder said:

Is anyone else getting a bug where it's impossible to load or start a game?

Whenever I load up ksp with kopernicus installed and try to load or start a game all the buttons grey out and nothing happens. I've tried installing nothing but kopernicus and the error still persists, I even tried a full clean reinstall of ksp and it still happens. I was trying to get it to work with the outer planets mod, the debug log simply says nullrefrence when I click a button:

WvNNjsG.png

I can't even load the game with kopernicus installed actually. Been meaning to post a report, but haven't gotten around to it yet as there are so many other mods that are broken.:(

I'm on linux, you? I'll try to get a log, but you could do that same in the mean time.

Just now, Deimos Rast said:

I can't even load the game with kopernicus installed actually. Been meaning to post a report, but haven't gotten around to it yet as there are so many other mods that are broken.:(

I'm on linux, you? I'll try to get a log, but you could do that same in the mean time.

Did you install the mod via CKAN by any chance? If so please install manually, there is a dependency which doesn't install via CKAN.

1 minute ago, Deimos Rast said:

Have you updated to Kopernicus 1.1.2?  The linux version quite possibly suffers from the same issues as the 32bit windows version.

7 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

has been "fixed" 3 posts above yours...just take some time to follow the actual discussion :wink:

7 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

Edit³: I released a new version, 1.1.2, get it from Github. It fixes issues reported by @Charming Thunder, @Gaiiden and @Sigma88.

Thanks, but I'm still wondering what the details are for that feature about a random planet body showing in the main menu. I still only ever see Kerbin when the game starts up. Do we have to enable it somehow?

20 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

Thanks, but I'm still wondering what the details are for that feature about a random planet body showing in the main menu. I still only ever see Kerbin when the game starts up. Do we have to enable it somehow?

you need to add randomMainMenuBody = true to the Body nodes of the planets you want in the list of the random bodies

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.