[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

2 hours ago, amarius1 said:

It is possible, and actually, a very good idea! What if we could make like "mini mods" to add islands and things on Kerbin for example?

Like have a range of islands to suit different needs (stage landing, harbour ect) and all you have to do is download the configs and textures of your preferred island, edit a line in the config with the latitude and longitude of where you want the island and profit! 

Just now, Benji13 said:

Like have a range of islands to suit different needs (stage landing, harbour ect) and all you have to do is download the configs and textures of your preferred island, edit a line in the config with the latitude and longitude of where you want the island and profit! 

This wouldn't be possible unfortunately.  You would have edit the color, normal and heightmaps of kerbin and every time you would want to move the island you would have to re edit the maps to reflect the change in game. I wish it was as easy as what you want though. 

21 minutes ago, Galileo said:

This wouldn't be possible unfortunately.  You would have edit the color, normal and heightmaps of kerbin and every time you would want to move the island you would have to re edit the maps to reflect the change in game. I wish it was as easy as what you want though. 

if the island is small enough you can omit it in the scaledversion map

2 minutes ago, dognosh said:

Thanks for all the hard work :)

Am I correct I ignore the modulemanager file you have zipped with Kopernicus ? (as it is 2.7.2 and we're on 2.7.3) or will Kopernicus 1.2.1 only work with 2.7.2 ?

both will work fine, if you have other mods you should use 2.7.3 since 2.7.2 had a bug that was fixed on 2.7.3

Game thinks it is still a previous version and won't load it.

the zip file's structure is :

Kopernicus.1.2.1-1.zip > Kopernicus.1.2.1-1 > GameData > Kopernicus folder(and MFI folder and MM files)

I installed the Kopernicus folder in my Gamedata and the version checker(or game) says it's incompatible and won't load.

Am I doing it wrong ?

The error message box says "Incompatible mods detected" and it lists only Kopernicus in the box. (I am running KSP 1.2.0.1586)

Edited by dognosh

8 minutes ago, dognosh said:

Game thinks it is still a previous version and won't load it.

the zip file's structure is :

Kopernicus.1.2.1-1.zip > Kopernicus.1.2.1-1 > GameData > Kopernicus folder(and MFI folder and MM files)

I installed the Kopernicus folder in my Gamedata and the version checker(or game) says it's incompatible and won't load.

Am I doing it wrong ?

The error message box says "Incompatible mods detected" and it lists only Kopernicus in the box. (I am running KSP 1.2.0.1586)

if you want to run KSP 1.2.0 you need to install Kopernicus for 1.2.0

kopernicus versions have the same number of the KSP version for which they are made and then they have an added number to distinguish between different kopernicus releases for the same KSP version

so you want to download Kopernicus version  1.2.0-x    where x is the highest you can find (I think the last was 1.2.0-3)

Edited by Sigma88

Hi kopernicus men, i'm trying to figure out the altitude units used by Kopernicus.

I tried to set up a new Land Class and i'm very stunished by the result.

With :

altitudeRange
                            {
                                endEnd = 0.2
                                endStart = 0.2
                                startEnd = 0
                                startStart = 0
                            }

The new land class just cover KSC. With higher value it cover nearly everything. First i thought that it was Kilometer unit ... but KSC is at 69m of altitude ... not at 200 m.

A test with 0.069 m for end altitude just made the new landscape disapear ....

So i'm lost ...

I try equally to figure out how work the scatter system in your .cfg . Is there example or doc anywhere ? I didn't found anything ... Currently i success to apply landscape which modify color etc... but the scatters parameters are just not apllied at all ...

If someone could help me to understand how this underground magic works :wink:

Edit :

I manage to change some scatters, but it only appears in one place near KSC, at the west ... don't manage to understant why there is a bunch of thing other there and not neer the KSC...

reedit :

After some test i conclude that scatters only appears where scatters was at the begenning in ksp stock. So if a landscape with scatter cover or replace the place with tree on the westn scatters appear other there, but not everywhere .... kind of strange behaviour ... i'm still taking explanation if possible ^^

Edited by msnbcorp

Thanks for this Mod. Without it KSP wouldn`t be that impressing.

I have a question.

When i started with Kopernicus and OPM, and later played a short time further without kopernicus because of updates, and later reinstalled it, are the new Planets in their correct location or are they back on their starting place like starting a new career?

2 minutes ago, Hay said:

Hi, so I tried to install Kopernicus but the game keeps saying that Kopernicus doesn't work with KSP 1.2.1 . Btw I'm running KSP 1.2.1.1604 and Kopernicus 1.2.1-1 .

We need logs to say anything more than:

U done goofed

4 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

We need logs to say anything more than:

U done goofed

Well, this is the only log I could find:

//===============================================================================================================//
//=====  Kopernicus 1.2.0-3 - (BuildDate: 28.10.2016 00:36:39; AssemblyHash: nLjkakaKsz6xAO8W1zG+Wrq3lhc=)  =====//
//===============================================================================================================//
[LOG 20:56:15]: Logger "Kopernicus" was created
[LOG 20:56:15]: Injector.OnDestroy(): Complete

30 minutes ago, Hay said:

Well, this is the only log I could find:

//=====  Kopernicus 1.2.0-3 - (BuildDate: 28.10.2016 00:36:39; AssemblyHash: nLjkakaKsz6xAO8W1zG+Wrq3lhc=)  =====//
[LOG 20:56:15]: Logger "Kopernicus" was created
[LOG 20:56:15]: Injector.OnDestroy(): Complete

as you can see the log is showing you have installed the version of kopernicus 1.2.0-3

not 1.2.1-1

try redownloading the mod (did you install manually or through ckan?)

Edited by Sigma88

So i set up the cacheFile in each of my celestial bodies cfgs, but only 26 out of 28 are reflected in the cache folder. why would that happen? not a big deal to me, i just think its weird. 

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

So i set up the cacheFile in each of my celestial bodies cfgs, but only 26 out of 28 are reflected in the cache folder. why would that happen? not a big deal to me, i just think its weird. 

If you don't change the radius of the planet (compared to the template) the cache file will not be geneated

Could that be the reason?

Edit: yesterday I literally fell asleep trying to figure out the math to edit atmospherefromground

For now just use the file I linked you earlier and set atmovisualscale to 0.1

Edited by Sigma88

19 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

as you can see the log is showing you have installed the version of kopernicus 1.2.0-3

not 1.2.1-1

try redownloading the mod (did you install manually or through ckan?)

I manually installed it. I got it from github and the file said 1.2.1-1. I'll try to download it again when I'm home.

EDIT:

I redownloaded it and now it works. But thank you for your help anyways.

Edited by Hay

I wonder, for the next version of Kopernicus, if some sort of shader could be added to the ring-system. They look pretty great already, it's just that they get kinda weird up-close (thick lines instead of fine particles), which is why I wonder if some kind of shader could be added. Like scaledspace versus actual surface, getting close to the rings slowly blends in a specified texture to provide an overlay of small, colored particles.

It may sound a little weird, but please, bear with me. I'll upload an example of what I mean made with GIMP later.

Edited by The White Guardian

5 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

I wonder, for the next version of Kopernicus, if some sort of shader could be added to the ring-system. They look pretty great already, it's just that they get kinda weird up-close (thick lines instead of fine particles), which is why I wonder if some kind of shader could be added. Like scaledspace versus actual surface, getting close to the rings slowly blends in a specified texture to provide an overlay of small, colored particles.

It may sound a little weird, but please, bear with me. I'll upload an example of what I mean made with GIMP later.

I understand what you mean - sadly I am absolutely untalented when it comes to shaders. :( If someone else would donate me a shader, I would happily implement it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.