[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

6 hours ago, darwinpatrick said:

What should I call the file? Anything specific?

Edit: tried "Saba_CFG.cfg" and it did not work.

If that didn't  work it means that your problem is different from what I thought.

You'll  need to provide logs so that people more knowledgeable  than me can help you  with your problem

Click on the nyan cat in my sig for more info

10 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Anyone know if its possible to move the island runway?

Yes. There is a mapdecal (or maybe mapdecaltangent) plus a pqscity

You can delete or move the island (mapdecal) but only delete the pqscity (cannot move with kopernicus)

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

Yes. There is a mapdecal (or maybe mapdecaltangent) plus a pqscity

You can delete or move the island (mapdecal) but only delete the pqscity (cannot move with kopernicus)

ok so i can move the island in which the pqs city sits on but i cannot move the actual pqscity.. well darn

4 minutes ago, Galileo said:

ok so i can move the island in which the pqs city sits on but i cannot move the actual pqscity.. well darn

Exactly. You would need to have a plugin that is able to move pqscity to do that.

But if kk can add a copy of thr runway maybe that could be a solution? Idk

Edited by Sigma88

5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

maybe its something that could be implemented in KK easier than Kopernicus, maybe? @Ger_space

Actually kopernicus already has the whole infrastructure in place to do it. But for some reason pqscity mods have shown to be expecially whiny and I don't  think a solution has been found yet

Edited by Sigma88

Just now, Sigma88 said:

Actually kopernicus already has the whole infrastructure in place to do it. But for some reason pqscity mods have shown to expecially whiny and I don't  think a solution has been found yet

I just read what you wrote about adding the mesh and texture to KK. That would be a simple solution. I wonder how difficult it would be to extract those from the game?

Is it possible to use a planet template as a template. For example: the Cyran mod has the planet Cyran which uses Jool as a template. Will it work if someone then makes a planet where the template name = Cyran ?

1 hour ago, seanth said:

Is it possible to use a planet template as a template. For example: the Cyran mod has the planet Cyran which uses Jool as a template. Will it work if someone then makes a planet where the template name = Cyran ?

No

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

I just read what you wrote about adding the mesh and texture to KK. That would be a simple solution. I wonder how difficult it would be to extract those from the game?

I have no idea how difficult it will be. Sometimes the simple things give me bad headaches.

@Sigma88 , I don't know if you remember, but a while ago, I inquired if you know why is it that when Kopernicus is installed, FPS drops to 44 in KSC instead of the usual 60. I listed a load of other mods I have installed, and you suggested me installing just Kopernicus and it's dependencies, and then adding mods one by one until I find the conflict.

So I did just that. However, there is no single mod that causes FPS drop. It's gradual. When only Kopernicus and it's dependencies is installed, FPS in KSC is 60. If I add mods, once by one, it goes to 59, 58, 57, etc. with each mod, until it hits 44 by the time I install my full mod list. However, if I uninstall Kopernicus, fps is back at solid 60 in KSC, even with all these other mods installed.

My conclusion is that there is no single conflict, but that Kopernicus somehow acts as a load multiplier - it slows down the game depending on how many other mods are there installed.

Do you have any insights into this? I can do some more testing if you need, but I really don't know what I'm looking for.

3 hours ago, seanth said:

Sorry, mate, but that's Guardian Enterprises trademarked business secrets right there :wink:

(Note: trademark pending. Bob at the postal office was slow.)

Hello! I've never worked with Kopernicus before (only installed it as a user of planet mods) so I was hoping someone here might be able to enlighten me a bit. Nightingale's "Strategia" mod provides strategies for exploring planets which vary depending on whether they are gas giants or planets with solid surfaces. It can tell the difference between the two with OPM planets just fine, but seems to think that The White Guardian's planet Cyran, a gas giant, is a solid planet. When I asked how strategia decides what kind of planet is which, I received this response: 

On 2/11/2017 at 9:17 AM, nightingale said:

@Merkov - There's a flag that was added on the planets in 1.2 that allow them to specify if they are a rocky planet (CelestialBody.hasSurface).  I assume it's supported by Kopernicus by now so it might be that @The White Guardian need to set something in the config files for those particular planets.  I've already got #55 raised to look into this for RSS - either way I assume it's going to be the same root issue.

I so far haven't found any reference to that flag in any of the planetary configs I have looked at, and from what I can tell planet Cyran uses Jool as a template, so I'm not really sure what's going on. Does anybody know if/how Kopernicus interacts with CelestialBody.hasSurface or otherwise decides if an planet is rocky or gaseous? 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, aluc24 said:

@Sigma88 , I don't know if you remember, but a while ago, I inquired if you know why is it that when Kopernicus is installed, FPS drops to 44 in KSC instead of the usual 60. I listed a load of other mods I have installed, and you suggested me installing just Kopernicus and it's dependencies, and then adding mods one by one until I find the conflict.

So I did just that. However, there is no single mod that causes FPS drop. It's gradual. When only Kopernicus and it's dependencies is installed, FPS in KSC is 60. If I add mods, once by one, it goes to 59, 58, 57, etc. with each mod, until it hits 44 by the time I install my full mod list. However, if I uninstall Kopernicus, fps is back at solid 60 in KSC, even with all these other mods installed.

My conclusion is that there is no single conflict, but that Kopernicus somehow acts as a load multiplier - it slows down the game depending on how many other mods are there installed.

Do you have any insights into this? I can do some more testing if you need, but I really don't know what I'm looking for.

have you tried removing only the planet packs?

when you remove kopernicus all the planet packs are disabled as well, so maybe that's what eats all your memory

Just now, Sigma88 said:

have you tried removing only the planet packs?

when you remove kopernicus all the planet packs are disabled as well, so maybe that's what eats all your memory

Yes, I tried removing the planet packs, but the low fps issue remains. Only removing the Kopernicus itself gets the game back to 60 fps in the KSC.

Hey, I just started playing again after a few days of not having the time, and I just came back to find that this has happened:

hjhZ5wl.jpg

As far as I can tell Kopernicus has replaced the texture for Kerbin's scaledspace version to that of the Mun's. This means that whenever I get above about 100km the planet beneath me somehow magically transforms into the Mun. The weird thing is I hadn't touched KSP since I stopped playing, and when I booted it up it was like this. I tried downloading the latest version of Kopernicus (because it turned out I had a slightly outdated version) and tried selectively deleting and re-adding all of my planet packs, but the problem persists. The only way to get rid of this bug for me currently is to remove Kopernicus, which of course breaks other things. Since the bug is purely visual AFAICT, I can play prefectly fine and just have to ignore the fact that Kerbin looks like the Mun from high altitudes. (Although interestingly enough it retains biomes and landforms in both stock KerbNet and SCANsat).

I'm at a loss as to what is causing this and how to solve it, so if anyone else has any idea I'd be glad to hear it.

23 minutes ago, Caelus5 said:

Hey, I just started playing again after a few days of not having the time, and I just came back to find that this has happened:

hjhZ5wl.jpg

As far as I can tell Kopernicus has replaced the texture for Kerbin's scaledspace version to that of the Mun's. This means that whenever I get above about 100km the planet beneath me somehow magically transforms into the Mun. The weird thing is I hadn't touched KSP since I stopped playing, and when I booted it up it was like this. I tried downloading the latest version of Kopernicus (because it turned out I had a slightly outdated version) and tried selectively deleting and re-adding all of my planet packs, but the problem persists. The only way to get rid of this bug for me currently is to remove Kopernicus, which of course breaks other things. Since the bug is purely visual AFAICT, I can play prefectly fine and just have to ignore the fact that Kerbin looks like the Mun from high altitudes. (Although interestingly enough it retains biomes and landforms in both stock KerbNet and SCANsat).

I'm at a loss as to what is causing this and how to solve it, so if anyone else has any idea I'd be glad to hear it.

a few post have popped up about this. A fresh copy of KSP seems to be fixing it

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

A fresh copy of KSP seems to be fixing it

I swear computers are sentient and just hide it in order to $#%& with us, literally minutes after posting (the second restart I tried since) Kerbin is back to normal, no input from my end, still no idea how or why. Either way, I'm glad that's over!

Just now, Caelus5 said:

I swear computers are sentient and just hide it in order to $#%& with us, literally minutes after posting (the second restart I tried since) Kerbin is back to normal, no input from my end, still no idea how or why. Either way, I'm glad that's over!

im pretty sure i know what happened :) its pretty funny if you know the history of the developer of Module Manager

2 hours ago, Caelus5 said:

I swear computers are sentient and just hide it in order to $#%& with us

I hear you. I made a planet once, worked perfectly save for the fact that it was always invisible, both the actual and scaled surface.

The problem? The name. It wouldn't load because of the &%#*%*# name I had given it!

6 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

The Mun is so romantic :)

In a thread I started "Trouble at Neidon" in Technical Support Modded Installs, it was suggested that the Mun replacing every planet and moon known to Kerbalkind may have been a Valentines present hidden in a certain mod Sigma Binary All is back to normal today. Wherever this originated, and to whomever is responsible - well played my friend. 

7 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

Valentines present hidden in a certain mod Sigma Binary

Sigma you cheeky little bugger, this explains it all perfectly... apart from the fact only Kerbin was affected, so your bug has a bug ;D

Also holy moly I just realized with Cyran installed as well as DOE you can see the moons as distinct dots from Kerbin.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.