[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

I'm having a problem where the ocean in my planet appears below the ground, could someone please tell me what value do I need to edit to change that?

also, how do I make it so the ocean is visible in map view too? I managed to do it before by editing random values but now I can't reproduce it.

sorry if these are dumb questions but I haven't found much information on how to edit this things

On 11/5/2016 at 5:43 PM, Sigma88 said:

just make it smaller than a pixel :D that way you would have to not include :wink:

Hello everyone! So recently, an user has been getting a quite strange bug on my ringed planets in Kerbol Origins: rings appear behind the planet at some altitudes. 

Album:

15 hours ago, Invader_guy said:

I'm having a problem where the ocean in my planet appears below the ground

In the PQS Mods part of your config, under 'VertexHeightMap' add 'offset = -<integer>. For example: offset = -1000 will drop the terrain 1000m downwards

50 minutes ago, amarius1 said:

Hello everyone! So recently, an user has been getting a quite strange bug on my ringed planets in Kerbol Origins: rings appear behind the planet at some altitudes. 

Album:

Rings are a scaledspace object. PQS always draws on top of Scaledspace.

54 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

Rings are a scaledspace object. PQS always draws on top of Scaledspace.

That's something I've never actually though of but seems quite logical now you've mentioned it. So you should always make sure your PQS fade in point starts at an altitude that is inside the inner ring boundary?

EDIT: I guess this is why rings on small planets would be hard to get around this issue but rings on small bodies aren't a good idea anyway.

Edited by Poodmund

Just now, Poodmund said:

That's something I've never actually though of but seems quite logical now you've mentioned it. So you should always make sure your PQS fade in point starts at an altitude that is inside the inner ring boundary?

Yes, absolutely.

21 hours ago, Poodmund said:

EDIT: I guess this is why rings on small planets would be hard to get around this issue but rings on small bodies aren't a good idea anyway.

OK thanks. I will rectify the issue soon :D

37 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

Which signal?

It was an old easter egg. Basically if you found this place on Dune. You would hear a mysterious signal pointing you to Ike, it would lead you to the magic boulder.

This was a holdover from @NovaSilisko's original plans for giving KSP lore. Namely the presence of an unmarked easter egg planet somewhere in the solar system (Which never came to be.) apparently the other devs laughed at him when he made the original suggestion.

25 minutes ago, daniel l. said:

It was an old easter egg. Basically if you found this place on Dune. You would hear a mysterious signal pointing you to Ike, it would lead you to the magic boulder.

This was a holdover from @NovaSilisko's original plans for giving KSP lore. Namely the presence of an unmarked easter egg planet somewhere in the solar system (Which never came to be.) apparently the other devs laughed at him when he made the original suggestion.

oh, I never heard that. I rarely play with the sound on

I would like to use this tool to make a planet that looks identical to Kerbin (since this is the first time I will have ever modded) but it includes an atmosphere identical to eve.

Once I get the info I need and put it into a notepad, what kopernicus folder do I put it in?

I've been wondering something for a while-  could Kopernicus be used to create different altitude-based biomes (similar to how we have InSpaceHigh and InSpaceLow) below sea level on Kerbin? I think it'd be really neat to have separate sets of science results for the epipelagic, mesopelagic, and bathypelagic zones.

Probably a impractically difficult idea, I know, but I can't help but be curious.

Spoiler

Space view

xo85KuE.png

Ground View

Kr8WlPf.png

I Made a planet using Duna as a template and now I can't but Now I don't know how to change it's color while up close, it's still red in parts where it should be more grey/black instead.

Edited by Invader_guy
sent before finishing oops

20 hours ago, blackrack said:

I fixed the issue with the new ring shader not appearing on certain bodies.

I probably did something wrong but this did not work for me. Besides Jool rings from SVE, I also have rings around Kronkus, and the 2 OPM gas giants. I added the following to the Kronkus cfg and Sarnus (it is already included in the Jool ring cfg):

unlit = false
                    useNewShader = true
                    penumbraMultipler = 10.0

The result is Jool works perfect. Kronkus has the ring shadow but the ring texture is a solid ring. Sarnus has no ring.

Edited by Red Shirt

9 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

I probably did something wrong but this did not work for me. Besides Jool rings from SVE, I also have rings around Kronkus, and the 2 OPM gas giants. I added the following to the Kronkus cfg and Sarnus (it is already included in the Jool ring cfg):

unlit = false
                    useNewShader = true
                    penumbraMultipler = 10.0

The result is Jool works perfect. Kronkus has the ring shadow but the ring texture is a solid ring. Sarnus has no ring.

Did anything at all change between the .dll I posted above and the previous version?

15 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

unlit = false
                    useNewShader = true
                    penumbraMultipler = 10.0

Solid ring typically means the texture is missing or the directory is bad. 

Just now, blackrack said:

Did anything at all change between the .dll I posted above and the previous version?

Yes. Adding the cfg line changes without the new dll reduced Kronkus ring to a solid while no ring on Sarnus. With the new dllI I have ring shadow on Kronkus, however Sarnus ring is gone. The only cfg lines I touched was to change ublit to false and paste in the other two lines. Hope this helps

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Solid ring typically means the texture is missing or the directory is bad

Ring looks fine without the cfg change. 

9 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

Yes. Adding the cfg line changes without the new dll reduced Kronkus ring to a solid while no ring on Sarnus. With the new dllI I have ring shadow on Kronkus, however Sarnus ring is gone. The only cfg lines I touched was to change ublit to false and paste in the other two lines. Hope this helps

Ring shadow shouldn't be affected. Where did you put the .dll? Alternatively just give me which mod adds Kronkus and let me check it out.

Edited: nvm the mod is kronkus but what kind of planet is this http://i.imgur.com/75iYR2F.png

Edited by blackrack

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.