[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

On 2017/8/21 at 7:39 PM, Sigma88 said:

did you manage to reproduce this issue without the planet pack in question?

if you are getting the bug on a stock install with only kopernicus, MFI and MM it would help a lot narrowing down the culprit

In any case, I'll need you to find the minimum amount of mods that causes the bug, then click the nyan cat in my sig.

you'll find a list of files that we need to debug issues. upload those and we'll take a look as soon as we have some time

My bug report :  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw7hQshBGdXHWld0bHlUUWF0MFU

I have reproduced the issue with minimum mods:

Kopernicus

Modular Flight Integrator

MechJeb2

Any help?

Edited by Iso-Polaris

17 minutes ago, UranianBlue said:

I was reading some code in GPP, and I noticed a PQS-Modlike bit of code in the ScaledVersion node called ProceduralGasGiant. Does this generate the textures for the gas-giant planets in the mod? If so, how does it work?

That was in an old version of GPP and does nothing.  It is used with Kopernicus Expansion, though the code and ramp texture included in GPP does not work. It was merely there as a placeholder. It has been completely removed in the later versions of GPP. Also, the procedural gas giant plugin for Kopernicus Expansions is not an easy alternative to creating a texture. In fact, it won't create a texture for you at all, so if you are hoping for it to make a procedural texture for you, it doesn't do that. It merely warps a small ramp texture using noise to create an effect.

Edited by Galileo

How do i turn the sun into a blackhole (disable light from it).

I wrote this config, but it doesnt seem to work:

Spoiler

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
	@Body[Sun]
	{
		@Properties
		{
			%displayName = Blackhole
		}
		!Coronas
		{}
		@ScaledVersion
		{
			@Light
			{
				@givesOffLight = false
			}
			@Material
			{
				emitColor0 = 0,0,0,1.0
				emitColor1 = 0,0,0,1.0
				sunspotColor = 0,0,0,1.0
				rimColor = 0,0,0,1.0
				rimPower = 0
				rimBlend = 1
			}
		}
	}
}

Image of the "Blackhole":

1crV4Zw.png

The sun doesn't have a Light and a material node by default. It doesn't have a coronas node either.

You need to remove the @ characters in front of "Light", "Material" and "givesOffLight". As for the coronas, you need to add "removeCoronas = true" to the template node of the sun.

I recently upgraded my KSP version to 1.3, and I've been having some trouble with the new version of Kopernicus. For some reason, planets do not appear to be illuminated by the sun, and an infinitely distant sun appears beyond the solar system. The only mods I am using are KerbolOrigins, and KittopiaSpace. What is going on here? Should I go back to 1.22 were everything worked?

8 minutes ago, UranianBlue said:

I recently upgraded my KSP version to 1.3, and I've been having some trouble with the new version of Kopernicus. For some reason, planets do not appear to be illuminated by the sun, and an infinitely distant sun appears beyond the solar system. The only mods I am using are KerbolOrigins, and KittopiaSpace. What is going on here? Should I go back to 1.22 were everything worked?

Revert to Kopernicus 1.3.0-4 and read back a few pages for further answers/insight. :) 1.3.0-5 adds new sun params, without which, every star will light things over infinite distance.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

7 minutes ago, UranianBlue said:

I'm using Kerbol Origins but not Kittopia Space with KSP 1.3 and the current version of Kopernicus without this issue, I'd check if it works without KittopiaSpace (and then also check with an earlier version of Kopernicus, you don't want to update Kopernicus until the pack in question is also updated for it)

11 minutes ago, Delvan said:

I'm using Kerbol Origins but not Kittopia Space with KSP 1.3 and the current version of Kopernicus without this issue, I'd check if it works without KittopiaSpace (and then also check with an earlier version of Kopernicus, you don't want to update Kopernicus until the pack in question is also updated for it)

I uninstalled KittopiaSpace; it had no effect.

59 minutes ago, UranianBlue said:

50 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Revert to Kopernicus 1.3.0-4 and read back a few pages for further answers/insight. :) 1.3.0-5 adds new sun params, without which, every star will light things over infinite distance.

49 minutes ago, Delvan said:

37 minutes ago, UranianBlue said:

I uninstalled KittopiaSpace; it had no effect.

I've already stated this multiple times in the past but I'm going to repeat myself.

If you have any kind of problems while using a planet pack + kopernicus you should report your issues to the developers of the planet pack.

We can't be expected to fix all the problems that arise from the use of all existing planet packs.

this topic should be used to discuss kopernicus and the problems of kopernicus itself, not those caused by third party planet packs over which we have no control.

thank you everybody for your understanding :)

if you want to read more about why this is the case or how you can produce a useful bug report here are some links:

Edited by Sigma88

I fixed the problem that i posted above, but i ran into another one.

Now all the planets that i placed in orbit of the new copy of Kerbol that orbits the blackhole do not receive sunlight and the KSC view is pitch black, only the UI is visible.

Heres my config file for new Kerbol:

Spoiler

{
	Body
	{
		name = Kerbol
		cacheFile = KerbolEscape\Cache\Kerbol.bin
		Template
		{
			name = Sun
		}
		Properties
		{
			sphereOfInfluence = 120000000000
		}
		Orbit
		{
			referenceBody = Sun
			semiMajorAxis = 4500000000000
			inclination = 0
            eccentricity = 0
			longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0
            argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
            meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
            epoch = 0
			color = 0.99,0.72,0.074,1
		}
		@ScaledVersion
		{
			Light
			{
				givesOffLight = true
			}
		}
	}
}

and image of dark Kerbin:

3 minutes ago, alex_1313 said:

Now all the planets that i placed in orbit of the new copy of Kerbol that orbits the blackhole do not receive sunlight and the KSC view is pitch black, only the UI is visible.

and image of dark Kerbin:

how are you reparenting kerbin to orbit kerbol?

6 minutes ago, alex_1313 said:

I turned the sun into a blackhole and made a new star called Kerbol that orbits it and then i put Kerbin into orbit around it (new star Kerbol).

how?

I don't read minds.... (yet :D)

Edited by Sigma88

4 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

ok, I'll try to be more clear.

show me the cfg you are using for reparenting kerbin to orbit kerbol

Here:

Spoiler

{
	@Body[Kerbin]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
			@referenceBody = Kerbol
		}
	}
}

1 minute ago, alex_1313 said:

Here:

Hide contents

{
	@Body[Kerbin]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
			@referenceBody = Kerbol
		}
	}
}

to reparent kerbin you can't change the referencebody for KSP reasons

you need to add a PostSpawnOrbit node instead:

{
	@Body[Kerbin]
	{
		PostSpawnOrbit
		{
			referenceBody = Kerbol
		}
	}
}

7 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

{
	@Body[Kerbin]
	{
		PostSpawnOrbit
		{
			referenceBody = Kerbol
		}
	}
}

That fixed the space center view, but still no light visible on and around Kerbin.

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, alex_1313 said:

That fixed the space center view, but still no light visible on and around Kerbin.

Hide contents

I will need a full bug report then

click on the nyan cat in my sig and follow the instructions

3 hours ago, alex_1313 said:

Spoiler

{
	Body
	{
		name = Kerbol
		cacheFile = KerbolEscape\Cache\Kerbol.bin
		Template
		{
			name = Sun
		}
		Properties
		{
			sphereOfInfluence = 120000000000
		}
		Orbit
		{
			referenceBody = Sun
			semiMajorAxis = 4500000000000
			inclination = 0
            eccentricity = 0
			longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0
            argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
            meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
            epoch = 0
			color = 0.99,0.72,0.074,1
		}
		@ScaledVersion
		{
			Light
			{
				givesOffLight = true
			}
		}
	}
}

Try adding intensity curves and see if that helps, I did this for my own Intergalactic mod:

ScaledVersion
        	{
            		Light
			{
				IntensityCurve
				{
					key = 0 0.55
					key = 1000000 0
				}
				// other star parameters
			}
		}

or check this post:

Hope this helps :wink:

3 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

{
	@Body[Kerbin]
	{
		PostSpawnOrbit
		{
			referenceBody = Kerbol
		}
	}
}

I simply deleted Kerbin, then added a new one exactly like the stock one, but reparented to Kerbol.

Edited by EricL

3 hours ago, alex_1313 said:

How close is Kerbol's orbit around the black hole?  Unless its quite generous and circular, there would likely be an accretion disk around the black hole from infalling matter, which does produce visible light (along with plenty of other EM radiation).  This is no help in fixing your code, but it is a valid real physics reason to give your black hole a non-zero luminosity as far as Kopernicus is concerned.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.