[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

Hi.

I have the same problem as the fps.

I have installed a "clean" version of the KSP 1.4.3 with only the Kopernicus installed and lowers my frames (around 25 fps).

Without the Kopernicus the game works perfectly.

However with version 1.4.2 (and with the version of Kopernicus 1.4.2 the game works perfectly).

Thanks for your attention !.

Greetings.
Edited by Novak

1 hour ago, Novak said:

Hi.

I have the same problem as the fps.

I have installed a "clean" version of the KSP 1.4.3 with only the Kopernicus installed and lowers my frames (around 25 fps).

Without the Kopernicus the game works perfectly.

However with version 1.4.2 (and with the version of Kopernicus 1.4.2 the game works perfectly).

Thanks for your attention !.

Greetings.

The dev knows, and a fix is coming. Please read back at least a page before inundating the dev with the same bugs over and over. Thanks.

On 5/3/2018 at 10:16 AM, Galileo said:

The dev knows, and a fix is coming. Please read back at least a page before inundating the dev with the same bugs over and over. Thanks.

It took me waaaay to long to figure out that it was either Kopernicus, OPM, or their dependencies killing the frame rate! I was hunting through parts packs since 1.4.3 was released thinking it was them. It is good to see that the dev is aware and that all is going well.

IMHO such bummer bugs should have their own thread in their own "Bummer issues" subforum ... where they can gather together witch bummer stock issues.

Would be a place to start to have an overview what's the actual state of the art - ehm, issues.

i need help whenever i load my game it says kopernicus was not able to load the custom planets i have extra soalr planets andmore habitable planets plus like a billion other mods but i dont know where to start

On 5/5/2018 at 8:43 PM, Gordon Dry said:

IMHO such bummer bugs should have their own thread in their own "Bummer issues" subforum ... where they can gather together witch bummer stock issues.

Would be a place to start to have an overview what's the actual state of the art - ehm, issues.

That place is called GitHub issues, sadly most people don't use it :P

EDIT:

Kopernicus 1.4.3-2 and Kopernicus-Backport 1.3.1-9 have been released!

Changelog:

- Fixed a huge FPS drop when Kopernicus is installed
- Fixed cbNameLater breaking orbit line colors
- Added the ability to remove launch sites added by MakingHistory (removeLaunchSites in the Kopernicus node)
- Readded and fixed the PQSCity modloaders

Edited by Thomas P.

I kind of need a Kopernicus person

Kopernicusnaut?

Koperneer?

Although I did write this as a status already I thought it would be better to post it here too?

Anyways, as anyone figured out the grand mystery of changing ocean height?

I made Kerbin like, super big so it's stats would match up to GJ 581c's

but now the oceans are way too low:

https://imgur.com/a/k2bPsJl

7 hours ago, electricpants said:

Anyways, as anyone figured out the grand mystery of changing ocean height?

Ocean height is controlled by the offset parameter in VertexHeightMap.

Oh yes....  Good fix.

FPS back up to 257 from 54 (opening page, i use for simple baseline fps tests)

very nice to have them back.  now to load something else to chew on them....

cheers and thanks again.

I'm sorry but I've been checking around and I'm still unclear if Kopernicus supports proper tracking of multiple light sources / stars. The description implies it does not, yet that this seems to be one of the most popular ksp celestial body expansion mods implies it does. Perhaps I'm not the only one unsure about downloading and installing Kopernicus because of this? Perhaps the answer is clearly written somewhere and I missed it? Who knows? Anyways a response would be fantastic and if the answer is "yes it does", you could maybe recommend a few star system mods for everyone (mostly for me)?

@KerbalSofaProgram Kopernicus has its popularity because it's the only mod that enables planet mods to work (and it is well maintained). Kopernicus properly supports star tracking for many stars. It has done so since sometime while KSP's latest release was 1.3.0. Choose a planet mod from here:

http://outer-planets.wikia.com/wiki/Planet_Packs (but only where the Kopernicus version is 1.3.0 or higher. You can go as far back as 1.2.2 but consider any planet mods before 1.3.0 to be dead and maybe even broken.

The latest and greatest planet/star system mods around (and in mostly stable release) right now are:

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 5/6/2018 at 9:11 PM, Thomas P. said:

That place is called GitHub issues, sadly most people don't use it :P

EDIT:

Kopernicus 1.4.3-2 and Kopernicus-Backport 1.3.1-9 have been released!

Changelog:

- Fixed a huge FPS drop when Kopernicus is installed
- Fixed cbNameLater breaking orbit line colors
- Added the ability to remove launch sites added by MakingHistory (removeLaunchSites in the Kopernicus node)
- Readded and fixed the PQSCity modloaders

I gave it a try, and here is result:

1. You still includes in backport wrong modulemanager version, as i said before it creates various problems for 1.3.1 is use v3.0.6 instead of v3.0.4.
2. Problems with huge fps drop from 1.3.1-8 are gone, but it still much lower than stock version even with only kopernicus installed without anything else.

So basically i have same performance issues like in 1.3.1-7. 22 fps vs 45 fps with no kopernicus is still huge difference (or 45 fps vs 80+ with only kopernicus without any other mods). This means there is no difference for v1.3.1 with performance between 1.3.1-7 and 1.3.1-9. Maybe i can try later v.1.4.3 as separate installation to see if i have this problem on new ksp.

Edited by AlexALX

40 minutes ago, qazqazqaz said:

Can someone please help me.

What trouble are you having with height maps?  Please give details.  Can't help you if you don't explain in detail what the problem is.

Why are you using v1.3.1-3?  Kopernicus is now up to v1.3.1-9.  People may be reluctant to help with something that far out of date.

5 hours ago, qazqazqaz said:

1.3.1-3 is the version i run KSS on, as for the height map, the changes plain wont show up.

What changes won't show up where?  You're being way too general.  Explain explicitly step by step exactly what it is you're doing and what you think the problem is.

56 minutes ago, tonimark said:

I found an issue after I updated the kopernicus to 1.4.3 my ksp performance drop dramatically from 60-30 fps down to 25-0 fps and even on main menu plz author fix the mod from slowing down my gameplay :(

Make sure you are using the latest version of kopernicus. The issues with performance have been fixed. 

Also, post your our pc specs and what mods you use. There may be a correlation there that you are missing.

Edited by Galileo

hi,

im messing around with my old game trying to get it to run with some updated mods.
now with Kopernicus, i see transparent c-bodies in flightmode. (DX9)

Any ideas on how to fix this? (vanishes on removing kopernicus :-/)

Screen:

Spoiler

tknDvpM.jpg

Mods:

Spoiler

000_FilterExtensions
000_FilterExtensions_Configs
000_TexturesUnlimited
000_USITools
001_ToolbarControl
B9AnimationModules
B9PartSwitch
B9_Aerospace
ChopShop
CivilianPopulation
ClickThroughBlocker
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
CustomBarnKit
DiRT
DMagicOrbitalScience
DMagicUtilities
EditorExtensionsRedux
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
ESLDBeacons
FShangarExtender
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes
Impact
InterstellarFuelSwitch
JanitorsCloset
KAS
KerbalEngineer
KerbalJointReinforcement
KIS
Kopernicus
KSP-AVC
KSPRC
KWRocketry
MissingHistory
Mk2Expansion
ModularFlightIntegrator
ModuleManager.3.0.7.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
NavBallTextureChanger
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureLaunchVehicles
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NearFutureSpacecraft
OPT_Reconfig
PatchManager
reDIRECT
RemoteTech
REPOSoftTech
SCANsat
scatterer
SinPhiHeavyIndustries
SmartParts
Speadge
Spectra
Squad
SquiggsySpaceResearch
StationPartsExpansionRedux
StationScience
SurfaceLights
toolbar-settings.dat
TriggerTech
TweakScale
UmbraSpaceIndustries
WarpPlugin

Edit:

ok, trial & error stated that it was due to using "Spectra"-config

Edited by Speadge

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.