[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

1.3.1-13 doesn't open Space Center scene, plays Duna SSTV audio

I submitted an issue on Kopernicus-Backport about 1.3.1-13 not working right at all. 1.3.1-12 works with odd colouration, and 1.3.1-11 seems fine.

In that configuration I only have Kopernicus and its dependencies installed. Not even any customizations to the planetary system. Logs, screen shot of GameData and video recording are attached to the issue.

20 hours ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

1.3.1-13 doesn't open Space Center scene, plays Duna SSTV audio

I submitted an issue on Kopernicus-Backport about 1.3.1-13 not working right at all. 1.3.1-12 works with odd colouration, and 1.3.1-11 seems fine.

In that configuration I only have Kopernicus and its dependencies installed. Not even any customizations to the planetary system. Logs, screen shot of GameData and video recording are attached to the issue.

Same here. I updated my 1.3.1 modpack to the latest version of Kopernicus mainly to get rid of the "flickering orbital lines" glitch, but the backports don't seem to include the fix...

11 hours ago, Nightside said:

Thanks, I poked in GPP and found some examples. Did you experiment with creating new scatter models at all?

I have. I have created new trees and plants, buildings. Others have created animated animals and things of that nature.

12 hours ago, Galileo said:

I have. I have created new trees and plants, buildings. Others have created animated animals and things of that nature.

Buildings! That sounds interesting, did you ever release that?

7 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Or crazy monstrous Sea Gulls that threaten to catch and carry away Kerbals at any given opportunity. :D

That’s awesome.

Oh wow, yeah, building scatter would be great - just designate certain biomes of the planet as being "town" and have it automatically populate a bunch of houses or something. This could even go together with Kerbal Konstructs modeled parts using the "remove scatter" option on KK's MapDecals to have a desgined "downtown" area surrounded by what is basically autogen towns or suburbs.

Is that project abandoned, or is it available somewhere @Galileo?

2 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Oh wow, yeah, building scatter would be great - just designate certain biomes of the planet as being "town" and have it automatically populate a bunch of houses or something. This could even go together with Kerbal Konstructs modeled parts using the "remove scatter" option on KK's MapDecals to have a desgined "downtown" area surrounded by what is basically autogen towns or suburbs.

Is that project abandoned, or is it available somewhere @Galileo?

It was never really a true project, more just experiments. Some of the plants, trees and unique anomalies will eventually wind up in a planet pack that I may or may not be working on. Can’t confirm nor deny that.

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

It was never really a true project, more just experiments. Some of the plants, trees and unique anomalies will eventually wind up in a planet pack that I may or may not be working on. Can’t confirm nor deny that.

Ah cool. There is so much untapped potential in Kopernicus. I combed through your GPP configs, and I think I have a good idea on what I need to do. 

I assume scatter models are good old .mu files?

56 minutes ago, Nightside said:

Ah cool. There is so much untapped potential in Kopernicus. I combed through your GPP configs, and I think I have a good idea on what I need to do. 

I assume scatter models are good old .mu files?

No kopernicus doesn’t use .mu files. I use simple .obj for my models.

I have a mod (Resonant Orbit Calculator) which generates thumbnails of each planet at game startup.  With some if not all Kopernicus planet packs, it's failing because of the onDemand feature.

So, how can I do an onDemand to have it load the planet textures so that I can properly generate the thumbnails?

Thanks

On 10/7/2018 at 5:43 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I have a mod (Resonant Orbit Calculator) which generates thumbnails of each planet at game startup.  With some if not all Kopernicus planet packs, it's failing because of the onDemand feature.

So, how can I do an onDemand to have it load the planet textures so that I can properly generate the thumbnails?

Thanks

@Thomas P. not sure if you saw this question

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Thomas P. not sure if you saw this question

I saw it and I was too busy to answer it

Basically what you have to do is tell Kopernicus that it should load the textures. Sadly I only have the code KittopiaTech uses as a reference, which is compiled against Kopernicus so I can reference it directly. What you would have to do is to use reflection to call the load and unload functions.

Load: https://github.com/Kopernicus/KittopiaTech/blob/master/src/UI/PlanetSelector.cs#L142-L151

Unload: https://github.com/Kopernicus/KittopiaTech/blob/master/src/UI/PlanetSelector.cs#L162-L165

I can write a quick reflection wrapper later (maybe tomorrow) if that's helpful for you.

(and I still don't understand why OD doesn't trigger itself because it should load the textures as soon as they are visible in a camera. Unity I love you)

2 hours ago, Cyrus Playz said:

I wanna say(if u don't listen thats fine)but do your kittopia tech work in 1.4.5?Cuz Mine didn't

I wanna say(if u don't listen thats fine) but do your log upload work in 1.4.5?Cuz it didn't

59 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

saw it and I was too busy to answer it

Basically what you have to do is tell Kopernicus that it should load the textures. Sadly I only have the code KittopiaTech uses as a reference, which is compiled against Kopernicus so I can reference it directly. What you would have to do is to use reflection to call the load and unload functions.

Load: https://github.com/Kopernicus/KittopiaTech/blob/master/src/UI/PlanetSelector.cs#L142-L151

Unload: https://github.com/Kopernicus/KittopiaTech/blob/master/src/UI/PlanetSelector.cs#L162-L165

I can write a quick reflection wrapper later (maybe tomorrow) if that's helpful for you.

Sorry, I didn't realize you weren't the Kopernicus author.

If you could do that wrapper, that would be great, I won't have time to be able to do anything like that for a while, but I should be able to drop in a couple of calls to the wrapper in my mod.

Thanks

9 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

I saw it and I was too busy to answer it

(and I still don't understand why OD doesn't trigger itself because it should load the textures as soon as they are visible in a camera. Unity I love you)

I wanna say(if u don't listen thats fine) but do your log upload work in 1.4.5?Cuz it didn't

Do I have have to upload logs again?

(also I am going to camp so if I need to upload log don't expect me to get it tomorrow

On 10/9/2018 at 8:56 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Sorry, I didn't realize you weren't the Kopernicus author.

If you could do that wrapper, that would be great, I won't have time to be able to do anything like that for a while, but I should be able to drop in a couple of calls to the wrapper in my mod.

Thanks

I haven't had the chance to test it yet, but this should work https://gist.github.com/StollD/cdf365e1a07de379cddfacbeada6486b

Please forgive the interruption, but we're trying to decide something for CKAN and would appreciate feedback from Kopernicus's community. Specifically, we want to decide on a "tag" or category label to describe planet pack mods. Ideas so far are "environment, "locations," "planet-pack," and "solar-system"; I was optimistic about that third one until I checked the Snarkiverse thread and found it explicitly says it's not a planet pack. If you have thoughts on this, either opinions about those options or suggestions for better ones, please post comments on this GitHub pull request (rather than taking up more space on this thread):

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/6775

Edited by HebaruSan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.