[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

@mcwaffles2003 the only thing i can say for sure is that spacedock seems to be functioning and the file it holds seems intact and complete, problem must be somewhere else in the part of the chain we dont share. I'd see if anyone knows whats up over at REX's own thread.

Just now, p1t1o said:

@mcwaffles2003 the only thing i can say for sure is that spacedock seems to be functioning and the file it holds seems intact and complete, problem must be somewhere else in the part of the chain we dont share. I'd see if anyone knows whats up over at REX's own thread.

asked already, but thanks for all the info

6 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

Question, what must be changed to make use of this new feature? I'm going to assume my modifications to Duna won't get rid of the high detail textures/shaders that it already has, would that be a good assumption?

As for my mod planet "Rald", what would I need to do to give it new high def textures/shaders?

As far as I can see its all in the PQS node, and so right now I am drafting a PQS page for the wiki. There is a lot in it (the wiki hasnt had a PQS page until now, just PQSMods) so it may take a few days but it is being worked on. I havent found the specifics yet but I am collaborating with Gameslinx to find out.

10 hours ago, Space_Coyote said:

Right and that is what i am trying to figure out

I believe it is this

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus] { !Body[Dres]{} }

Now let's dee if I am righ tor now.. (After all I think a lot of times, Dres just isn't a plant (or rather an asteroid) worth exploring!

Space_Coyote

Close enough to work

If it's for personal use you can use :FINAL to get a better result when you install planet packs

so

Spoiler

@Kopernicus:FINAL

{

!Body[Dres] {}

}

13 hours ago, Space_Coyote said:

Well I'm back and I'm scanning al lot of threads where I asked about a simple question and that is removing dres..

Can I ask why specifically dres? Is it just an example or does dres bother you? I know its a strange question but for some reason I am curious. 

2 hours ago, dave1904 said:

Can I ask why specifically dres? Is it just an example or does dres bother you? I know its a strange question but for some reason I am curious. 

Because claiming that Dres doesn't exist is a meme within the KSP community at large.

Off topic discussion aside, thank you for all your hard-work, Kopernicus Team, and congrats on the new release!

Bugreport: Disappearing landscape on Eve and Laythe everywhere above enouth sea level.

Fresh KSP install + ModuleManager 4.1.3 + ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.7 + Kopernicus 1.8.1-1 and nothing else.

Logs-Kopernicus.zip: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xfsH8d_30X4w0ptN3_3OH9o3YBspGM_G

Screenshots:

SPVzUUE.png

u1oMLmn.png

Edited by ZobrAA

I'm having some trouble clicking the menu buttons following loading. I've tried clearing the input locks but it makes no difference. I'm playing KSP 1.8.1 and the problem only occurs when Kopernicus is loaded. Additionally, it removes the custom skybox and reverts it to the stock one. I am running a pretty modded game, however most if not all my mods are up to date and have no conflicts unless Kopernicus is loaded. If it helps, im running AVP for clouds, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1574TzgDovbVlL8wCDMIvI-2hWVCZlZ9A/view?usp=sharing

screenshot74.png

7 hours ago, xman1 said:

How are you flying jet powered aircraft on Eve?

2 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I expect he modified Eve in some way. I'm sure there's a mod out there that can do that...

@xman1 @5thHorseman As I mentioned there is no mods except Kepernicus and dependencies, no planet packs. Just cheats enabled for glitch demonstration.

5 hours ago, AccidentsHappen said:

I'm having some trouble clicking the menu buttons following loading. I've tried clearing the input locks but it makes no difference. I'm playing KSP 1.8.1 and the problem only occurs when Kopernicus is loaded. Additionally, it removes the custom skybox and reverts it to the stock one. I am running a pretty modded game, however most if not all my mods are up to date and have no conflicts unless Kopernicus is loaded. If it helps, im running AVP for clouds, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1574TzgDovbVlL8wCDMIvI-2hWVCZlZ9A/view?usp=sharing

screenshot74.png

This has been happening to a lot of people and every time it’s caused by using a mod with a dll not designed for 1.8.X. Go through your mods and get rid of any not ready for 1.8.x

17 hours ago, ZobrAA said:

Bugreport: Disappearing landscape on Eve and Laythe everywhere above enouth sea level.

Fresh KSP install + ModuleManager 4.1.3 + ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.7 + Kopernicus 1.8.1-1 and nothing else.

Logs-Kopernicus.zip: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xfsH8d_30X4w0ptN3_3OH9o3YBspGM_G

Screenshots:

this type of issue is very common when you cheat a craft into the orbit of a different planet.

Did you use the cheat menu to hack your plane over there?

if so, what happens if you then save, and re-load the game?

this is usually the fix

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

this type of issue is very common when you cheat a craft into the orbit of a different planet.

this is usually the fix

Would that explain why when I used KRASH (simulation mod to let you see how craft will perform on/around other bodies from the VAB) to try landing my rover on the Mun, each time I time warped, the entire landscape changed? I haven't been able to make it to the Mun yet officially on my save, but when I simulated orbit around it, the terrain was going bonkers when I went into time warp and out of it (on-rails timewarp, not physics warp). For reference I'm playing with JNSQ & Kopernicus and a million mods. And this isn't a bug report or anything and I'm not asking for support. Just curious if you think that's what explains the behavior.

Thanks,

46 minutes ago, Crixomix said:

Would that explain why when I used KRASH (simulation mod to let you see how craft will perform on/around other bodies from the VAB) to try landing my rover on the Mun, each time I time warped, the entire landscape changed? I haven't been able to make it to the Mun yet officially on my save, but when I simulated orbit around it, the terrain was going bonkers when I went into time warp and out of it (on-rails timewarp, not physics warp). For reference I'm playing with JNSQ & Kopernicus and a million mods. And this isn't a bug report or anything and I'm not asking for support. Just curious if you think that's what explains the behavior.

Thanks,

yes that could be the cause, does KRASH let you save during a simulation? in that case you might be able to fix the issue by simply quicksavind an reloading

7 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

yes that could be the cause, does KRASH let you save during a simulation? in that case you might be able to fix the issue by simply quicksavind an reloading

I don't think it does let you save, but I honestly don't know. I'll try that out and see if I can later. Thanks,

6 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

this is usually the fix

Yes, I've cheaty teleported to Eve and find this bug while testing scatterer atmo config... But any save-loading did not fix the problem, it is constantly reapearing. Investigation lead me to Kopernicus as a source, which I proved on fresh install without any other mods and planet packs (configs) except Kopernicus+dependencies. Also one of my buddies confirm same issue independently...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.