[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

On 2/7/2020 at 6:41 PM, Mircea The Young said:

Then have I been wrong this whole time? Has everyone who could, did? Could more people working on it, not have helped release this sooner?

Adding more people to a project doesn't always help, and can add new delays when the experienced team members lose productivity helping the new team members.

"9 women can't make a baby in 1 month."

Edit: I noticed that Murdabenne mentioned the same thing.

Edited by DeadJohn

5 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

You need to install kittopoatech and then I think the hotkey is alt+p or ctrl+p

thank you so much

4 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

"9 women can't make a baby in 1 month."

i dont know. i mean a baby is not that big and the average female has more than enough body parts to make a baby

Hi, first off thanks for all the work you do on this mod.

I'm unfortunately having a bit of an issue. My Mun appears to have disappeared partway through my campaign due to an apparent conflict with Scatterer or Eve. It's just a menacing black hole in the place where the Mun used to be. Loading an earlier save resolves this issue, but it reoccurs at random intervals and appears to persist with the affected save.

Is this a known issue, and if not, which logs would you like me to provide?

Thanks again for your support for the community.

Edit: It appears to occur during lunar eclipses, which is too big of a coincidence. I'm not entirely sure why I thought to come here before asking the Scatterer dev.

Edited by afafsa

On 2/9/2020 at 11:03 PM, Sigma88 said:

Having to re-deploy some of the solar panels was expected. other than that there shouldn't be any bad issues and actually this new method of doing stuff should cause a lot less issues when mixed with other mods

I'm glad that you're improving the solar panels, but I have a (minor, but also in a way major) issue with the solar panels. Basically, if I launch a craft from a Making history launch-site off-kerbin, or cheat into orbit of another planet, the solar panels won't work, or fixed solar panels will need to face the wrong way to produce power (and rotating ones won't rotate to that orientation). I'm also using an outdated version of Sigma-Dimensions, but this problem seems to have been around for a while.

On the other hand, it works fine when I'm not cheating/using MH to test things, thus it hasn't affected my career game. Has anyone else experienced this?

12 hours ago, afafsa said:

Hi, first off thanks for all the work you do on this mod.

I'm unfortunately having a bit of an issue. My Mun appears to have disappeared partway through my campaign due to an apparent conflict with Scatterer or Eve. It's just a menacing black hole in the place where the Mun used to be. Loading an earlier save resolves this issue, but it reoccurs at random intervals and appears to persist with the affected save.

Is this a known issue, and if not, which logs would you like me to provide?

Thanks again for your support for the community.

Edit: It appears to occur during lunar eclipses, which is too big of a coincidence. I'm not entirely sure why I thought to come here before asking the Scatterer dev.

does the mun still have collision? if so then this might have to do with your visual mods so try uninstalling those and see if that helps.

13 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

I'm glad that you're improving the solar panels, but I have a (minor, but also in a way major) issue with the solar panels. Basically, if I launch a craft from a Making history launch-site off-kerbin, or cheat into orbit of another planet, the solar panels won't work, or fixed solar panels will need to face the wrong way to produce power (and rotating ones won't rotate to that orientation). I'm also using an outdated version of Sigma-Dimensions, but this problem seems to have been around for a while.

On the other hand, it works fine when I'm not cheating/using MH to test things, thus it hasn't affected my career game. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, cheats/hyper edit/etc seems to affect Kopernicus. For example, whole planet surface can glitch if you do this. F5-F9 usually fix the issue.

53 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Hi, Kopernicus noob speaking. The wiki page for oceans is currently greyed out, and the examples give nothing to answer this question. How, exactly would I create an ocean confined to a biome?

You can't.  But you can create a biome confined to an ocean.  An ocean is going to cover all terrain below an elevation of 0, regardless of what biome it is in.

3 hours ago, OhioBob said:

You can't.  But you can create a biome confined to an ocean.  An ocean is going to cover all terrain below an elevation of 0, regardless of what biome it is in.

Makes sense. I was simply trying to understand how exactly to create an ocean that did not fill the entire planet.

Aaaaannnnnddddd... here we go again

Just as the Kopernicus Developerss get the 1.81 version going, here comes 1.90..

sigh.. can't the folks at Private division give us gamers a few weeks rest and especially the mod makers..

it seems we just got 1.8.1 in and working and here we go again.. hopefully 1.9 won't be a back breaker for you mod makers out there.. Like 1.8 was..

Ah well back to the Drawing board Werner..:sticktongue:

Space_Coyote

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Just make a copy of your 1.8.1 year install, and call use that for the time being.

Quoting for repetition/visibility. Please, everyone, just do this. :)

Before you open steam. Before you launch the game. Just drop the whole thing elsewhere and rename it.

Edited by Beetlecat

There's no Unity update this time, but it did get some new shaders. Hopefully they didn't break something that'll require a lengthy development cycle to fix.

13 hours ago, rougeaux said:

"FIXED:  Added 0.0.9 to version number due to 1.8.1 being less than 1.9.0"

Version numbers don't work like that :p

This time, I'm holding off on the KSP update until Kopernicus updates. KSP without Kopernicus is just not my thing anymore.

So I decided to live life on the bleeding edge and compiled the latest GitHub release against 1.9 and loaded Real Solar System.  And it worked.  And looks great.  I was surprised how well it went.

Well, except all the biomes on all the bodies are upside down.  I wasn't really expecting it to work but this was... not how I thought it would fail.  Oh well, it was a fun experiment.  Now back to 1.8.1!  

IcSUpZU.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.