[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

2 hours ago, Travelbysakura said:

Quest question, when is Kopernicus 1.9.1 estimated to release? I'm fine with waiting I'm just curious

Even those working on it don't know when.  Whenever they have the time and motivation to get it done.

Haven't *tested* it yet, but pulling the source into VS2019 and compiling it against 1.9.1 builds cleanly without warnings or errors, so... something to try perhaps.  Going to test it later.

On 4/25/2020 at 2:00 PM, ss8913 said:

Haven't *tested* it yet, but pulling the source into VS2019 and compiling it against 1.9.1 builds cleanly without warnings or errors, so... something to try perhaps.  Going to test it later.

If you know the ins and outs you could ask them if they could use an extra keyboard?

[snip]

Edited by Vanamonde

21 hours ago, Jognt said:

If you know the ins and outs you could ask them if they could use an extra keyboard?

Other than that, please keep in mind the posts by the mods in the last couple of pages. ;) 

Edit: Mods, if my post counts as backseat moderating, please let me know. It’s kinda difficult to gauge the line between trying to be helpful and backseat moderating. 

That's.. what I'm doing, is trying to help.  The source code is publicly available on GitHub, so I thought I'd compile it.  I didn't offer an off-label DLL to download, I was just saying that I got it to compile (and I changed the version info in CompatibilityChecker.cs to keep it from explicitly conflicting), and said I was going to test it myself on my own save.  

What rule did I violate by doing so?

That said, if there's any known issues in the code that any of the maintainers would like a hand looking at which I am unaware of, please let me know the specifics and I'll try to help, and send a pull request if I have any success.

On 4/24/2020 at 10:41 PM, Travelbysakura said:

Quest question, when is Kopernicus 1.9.1 estimated to release? I'm fine with waiting I'm just curious

There will come a Day Without Sun, when the earth shall tremble and the seas will turn to blood. On this day shall Kopernicus be released as a balm for mankind's woes...

Or, y'know, when it's done ;)

6 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

There will come a Day Without Sun, when the earth shall tremble and the seas will turn to blood. On this day shall Kopernicus be released as a balm for mankind's woes...

Or, y'know, when it's done ;)

Well that was anticlimactic :D

1 hour ago, HansonKerman said:

(I have not read it yet)

is it not outdated? 2016 was awhile ago

The basics haven't changed.  I think what you see in that thread is probably still valid.

Edited by OhioBob

De-orbiting long enough to check out progress.

Not ready yet. Ok, take your time, do it right! You modders are beyond awesome in what you add to this amazing game, thanks for your hard work!

Applying thrusters to re-aquire orbit.

See you all next orbit! :0.0::cool::)

So I decided to install 1.8.1 to tidy me over till 1.9.1 kopernicus is out.

The startup screen becomes unusable as in it doesn't react to any clicks at all. So I cannot start a new game nor close the game or edit the game config etc.

I did the lets redo all the directories one by one thingy in gamedata. And I found that the source of the problem was:

Modularflightintegrator directory

I noticed that all the files in that directory were all from February 4th 2020 so their might have been a problem that those files were meant for 1.9 and not for 1.8.1 anymore even though they are in the 1.8.1 package.

So for now. What happens if I play without the Modularflightintegrator directory? Will the game crash at a point?

regards, Waerth

Edited by waerth

23 minutes ago, waerth said:

So for now. What happens if I play without the Modularflightintegrator directory? Will the game crash at a point?

Kopernicus won't work without it, so your planet pack won't load.  I think you'll just get the stock solar system.

I think the date on the files is when you downloaded it, not when they were created.

8 hours ago, OhioBob said:

Kopernicus won't work without it, so your planet pack won't load.  I think you'll just get the stock solar system.

I think the date on the files is when you downloaded it, not when they were created.

Hi Ohiobob thx. It is the date they were created. As I downloaded them yesterday. And all other files have creation dates in 2019 in the Kopernicus package.

Anyway it might still be another conflict. As my planetpacks and Kopernicus without any other mods installed did work

Anyway after a lot of tries I found the culprit.

Unfortunately it is Kerbal Construction Time mod :( a favourite of mine.

Basically if I install every mod without
Modularflightintegrator it works
If I install every mod without Kerbal Construction Time it works.

Now going to try older versions of KCT

So I guess 1.9 had a lot of changes that make it difficult to update kopernicus and iron out the bugs. I wouldn't be surprised if 1.10 comes out soon (did work on it stop,? it seems like its the sort of thing that could be accomplished by working from home), but I have no idea what changes 1.10 is bringing other than a texture upgrade for Jool. Any idea if we should expect that a lot of changes will be needed to update Kopernicus 1.9 to 1.10?

25 minutes ago, prestja said:

Where'd we learn that? I'm rather excited for Jool to get a facelift.

it was on the forums on april fools, they said that they were going to make jool orange, and give it a new texture, the orange part was a joke, but the new texture was not

@prestja

9 hours ago, Hpl said:

it was on the forums on april fools, they said that they were going to make jool orange, and give it a new texture, the orange part was a joke, but the new texture was not

Not only did they say they were going to, they showed us.

Spoiler

4190121_image(2).png.734cc52323ecd65f9a9

screenshot5.png.791f8494b93680d1dced7ae7

screenshot8.jpg.5eed6eac8cf734360a1d3ba1

1628476623_image(3).png.5973c7aecd103c84

The joke text:

Yes, we’ve listened and what we’ve heard is that the game does not have enough different shades of orange. So, this new and improved Jool will have swirls across the rainbow (of orange) possibilities - carrot, coral, salmon, tangerine, peach, saffron, vermilion bittersweet, pumpkin, persimmon, butterscotch, apricot, tea rose, papaya whip, safety orange, international orange, dark orange, and of course, light orange.

The real thing? or just a user that photoshopped their Orange Jool joke back to green:

I1eQx6b.png

Edited by KerikBalm

9 hours ago, Tonas1997 said:

Is there some sort of comprehensive guide on adding terrain scatter to a planet?

I only know how to add pre-existing scatters to a new planet (like making hte trees normally only found on Kerbin appear on Duna), but I know of at least one mod that adds entirely new terrain scatters (or are they BG surface features? I don't know) - and I do not know how to do that.

And what I do know what to do, my understanding is a bit fuzzy on some points.

I understood well enough for this though:

Spoiler

To my mod world rald, I added grass tufts that appear underwater and at low elevation:

https://imgur.com/QYkFv6m

With grey rocks that appearing at the same elevation (and higher)

TChEncj.png

lRUK6Vf.png

h9NdEez.png

xwdxTPi.png

6suGWpS.png

Red duna rocks that appear at the higher elevations

agnGejn.png

wftci4L.png

rovbjlk.png

And I've tried trees too, but I ultimately cut them.

1956BVO.png

VFUadVs.png

LMZGKYb.pngand I made a mod adding small asteroids in orbits similar to Dres... my first attempt at giving them scatter had the density way too high.

crlJ5Js.png

Edited by KerikBalm

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.