[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

then I have no idea, have you tried removing the classes one by one?

instead of removing the whole LandControl ?

No. I've already fixed it by setting VHeightMax to zero and adding VertexSimplexNoiseColor to fill in the now uncolored terrain.

Still, I'm really starting to hate LandControl, the stupid overcomplicated son-of-a-proton keeps throwing a wrench into my plans, I've discovered the same bug on a Tylo edit this time, also where I removed LandControl first.

5 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Gotta make T-shirts: 'I HATE LANDCONTROL!'

Also, completely unrelated question, but how did you add those clickable banners in your signature?

after you add an image hold control and right click on it

you can edit its size and add a hyperlink

this works for normal posts and for the signature editor as well

if it doesn't work the first time just keep holding ctrl and right clicking, the menu shows up eventually

Hi, I am experiencing a problem. When I try to use solar panels, I notice that there is message in the solar panel right-click menu that says, "Status: Blocked by Kerbol"

There is no power regeneration with the solar panels. I read in another forum that this could be a bug from the Kopernicus Mod. Is that true?

47 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Hi, I am experiencing a problem. When I try to use solar panels, I notice that there is message in the solar panel right-click menu that says, "Status: Blocked by Kerbol"

There is no power regeneration with the solar panels. I read in another forum that this could be a bug from the Kopernicus Mod. Is that true?

Which planet packs did you install?

There is no "Kerbol" in KSP so it's definitely a weird bug

17 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

Which planet packs did you install?

There is no "Kerbol" in KSP so it's definitely a weird bug

It's kerbal star system. It adds a sun named kerbol and if I'm not mistaken,  repayments kerbin around it

Edited by Galileo

13 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

@StarCrusher96

To be more specific:

We need the module manager cache, the output_log.txt  file,

And the whole "Logs" folder (you can find it in the ksp installation folder)

Here you go

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zu7bey7vjk16yro/AACYc08mcgegQFSZwUMswcafa?dl=1

Edited by StarCrusher96

Is anybody else seeing Kopernicus 1.2.1-1 (https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/latest) spamming the logs with NullReferenceExceptions?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

KSP_linux x86_64, fresh install, fresh game, no mods besides what's in the Kopernicus archive, extracted and installed manually into GameData/Kopernicus/, GameData/ModularFlightIntegrator/, and GameData/ModuleManager.2.7.2.dll.

Also tried with ModuleManager manually updated to 2.7.4, same results.

I've first noticed the NREs in my heavily modded branch so at first I suspected some other mod misbehaviour, but the NREs definitely originate from plain KSP with just Kopernicus and its dependencies.

https://my.cloudme.com/crx/Kopernicus_NullRef-Logs

Edited by Corax

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

config setup seems fine and the Logs folder doesn't show problems (as far as I can tell)

if you can upload the output_logs.txt  file @Thomas P. might be able to see if there is something wrong with kopernicus or just the mod you are using

when I have some time I will look if I get the same issue on GN

but the stars in your install looks like they have been copied from GN so I think it's plausible that they don't work in GN as well

18 minutes ago, Corax said:

Is anybody else seeing Kopernicus 1.2.1-1 (https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/latest) spamming the logs with NullReferenceExceptions?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

KSP_linux x86_64, fresh install, fresh game, no mods besides what's in the Kopernicus archive, extracted and installed manually into GameData/Kopernicus/, GameData/ModularFlightIntegrator/, and GameData/ModuleManager.2.7.2.dll.

Also tried with ModuleManager manually updated to 2.7.4, same results.

I've first noticed the NREs in my heavily modded branch so at first I suspected some other mod misbehaviour, but the NREs definitely originate from plain KSP with just Kopernicus and its dependencies.

https://my.cloudme.com/crx/Kopernicus_NullRef-Logs

I think this might have been addressed in the dev version, but I am not 100% sure

7 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I think this might have been addressed in the dev version, but I am not 100% sure

Thanks, I didn't think to check the github issue tracker again before I posted. I had looked there when I first noticed the issue over the weekend, but apparently that was before https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/issues/147 got created.

2 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

you'll need to wait for thomas' help

I'll try GN to see if I have the same issue but it won't be untill tonight (9-10 PM CET)

okay, I tested GN already, stars were broken too except for the body that is the original stocksun. Just the same as my mod.

Edited by StarCrusher96

2 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

okay, I tested GN already, stars were broken too except for the body that is the original stocksun. Just the same as my mod.

ok, then it probably is something that has to be fixed in kopernicus. unless there was a change in how stars work and I forgot to change them

On 31/10/2016 at 3:43 AM, kormer said:

My log file is seeing about 100 of these a second during re-entry. Before I go and setup a clean install to isolate the problem further, has this been seen by anyone else yet?

[EXC 22:01:42.561] TargetException: Non-static field requires a target
    System.Reflection.MonoField.GetValue (System.Object obj)
    Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.LateUpdate ()

I am getting this also when entering map mode on launch pad...  Making it lag until I go out of Map Mode.

Trying to work out what is spamming my console with this and the only time it occurs is when I have installed Kopericus to get SVT installed.

Anyone any ideas at all?v   Just noticed DEV post above..  Will wait and see if new release fixes...

Been 2 weeks now and I still can't get a v1.2.1 install up and running. ;.;

Usual suspects posted to pastebin below if you need.

MODS:

KSP: 1.2.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.2
SVE Scatterer cfgs - 1.0.1
Stock Visual Enhancements - 1.1.4
Stock Visual Terrain - 2.0

KSP.log

output_log.txt

Any ideas, this is on another new fresh clean sparkly install in STEAM.

Edited by FizzerUK

5 minutes ago, FizzerUK said:

Any ideas, this is on another new fresh clean sparkly install in STEAM.

try making a copy of the game and keep that in C:\Games\KSP   or whatever, make sure it's not in a subfolder of "ProgramFiles" .

Windows has the tendency to complain when modded ksp is kept under programfiles

nevermind

edit: you have NREs from scatterer, have you tried removing scatterer and see what happens?

Edited by Sigma88

I have about 6 copies ranging from 0.23 upwards.. My Steam one NEVER gets used, just use it to download and update, then copy the files over.

I just wanna try a shinny v1.2.1 with SVT.

Thanks for suggestion though, may help others

Edited by FizzerUK

21 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

edit: you have NREs from scatterer, have you tried removing scatterer and see what happens?

Tried with just SVT and Kopernicus.

KSP: 1.2.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.2
Stock Visual Terrain - 2.0

KSP.log

output_log

In fact just tried with Kpernicus on it's own and still the same.

Thanks for looking though. Maybe NRE's in scatterer is something else too look at.

I usually have many issues once a new version comes out due to the MODS I run.

BUT I have to say in all the years playing, this one is particular Devilish :mad:..  Some very strange S... happening.

Edited by FizzerUK

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.