damonvv

[1.4.5-1.7.3] KSC Extended - v1.1 - Expanding your KSC in style!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

KSC Extended 1.1 update!

This version includes:

- Added Horizontal Test Pad
- Added Vertical Test Pad
- Added Droneship (Funny, It Worked Last Time...) out at sea (Scaled versions might work, otherwise land a rocket near the area, hit ctrl+k, click the boat, remove it and place a new one. Make sure to make it a recovery base otherwise it won't show on the map!)

Download via SpaceDock
YOU NEED Kerbal Konstruct version 1.4.5.64 or above in order for this to work properly!
 

Installation

for KSC Extended to work:

> Install KSC Extended
> Install Kerbal Konstruct (1.4.5.64 or later)
> Install Omega's Stockalike Structures - NTR
> Install Tundra's Space Center (1.1 or later)
> Install Module Manager

Happy launches!

dwRc5bi.png   dHqUxvL.jpg

Edited by damonvv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Playing on 1.7, I have all the latest versions of the dependencies, but almost all the pads are missing, the T4 VAB and other stuff. Roads are scattered around and trees exist no more :/ Will send a pic once I open the game unless it fixed itself
EDIT: Apparently it fixed itself and everything is fine now!

Edited by space_powder
fixed itself it has

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, space_powder said:

Playing on 1.7, I have all the latest versions of the dependencies, but almost all the pads are missing, the T4 VAB and other stuff. Roads are scattered around and trees exist no more :/ Will send a pic once I open the game unless it fixed itself
EDIT: Apparently it fixed itself and everything is fine now!

Uh oh.. Interesting. I haven't experienced this before. I hope it was just you and only one time :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KSC Extended is now on CKAN!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Does anybody know the coordinates of the droneship (in stuff like 44,55,00 W)  also does anybody know where to get the crew arm for crew dragon

Edited by CocoaGames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CocoaGames said:

Does anybody know the coordinates of the droneship (in stuff like 44,55,00 W)  also does anybody know where to get the crew arm for crew dragon

Crew arm can be found in the github dev version of Modular Launch Pad mod.

The coords of the droneship I don't know. If you go into the map view and click the KK button on the right, you can enable that little $ icon. That will show the droneship out at sea! (Only works in-flight? Not sure)

Edited by damonvv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CocoaGames said:

$ icon?

 

NHYL1pI.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

So installing this alongside 'kerbin side' would probably mess around stuff, wouldn't it?

Well yeah. It will overlap some statics for sure. But I am going to make it semi compatible soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

glorious and beautiful!! i could kiss both of you!! Thank you damonvv and omega!! ive been thinking about doing such a thing but never decided too. Im glad someone did it. I look forward to seeing different possible configs, currently its still glorious and beautiful...but Ive always liked having options. this mod config has tons of possibility, almost endless!!

 

I also assume considering how rss and any scaled planet gamesave works....those will need different configs all together. if the mods themselves are compatible with said ksp version being used...I have no doubt theyll turn up eventually. there are lots of rss and scaled planet fans out there. patience lads! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2019 at 11:24 AM, Nigel Cardozo said:

@damonvv why is it a $ icon

1. Launch booster 

2. Land booster

3. Reuse booster

4. $$$PROFIT!$$$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

I also assume considering how rss and any scaled planet gamesave works....those will need different configs all together. if the mods themselves are compatible with said ksp version being used...I have no doubt theyll turn up eventually. there are lots of rss and scaled planet fans out there. patience lads! :)

Paging @Zorg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

glorious and beautiful!! i could kiss both of you!! Thank you damonvv and omega!! ive been thinking about doing such a thing but never decided too. Im glad someone did it. I look forward to seeing different possible configs, currently its still glorious and beautiful...but Ive always liked having options. this mod config has tons of possibility, almost endless!!

 

I also assume considering how rss and any scaled planet gamesave works....those will need different configs all together. if the mods themselves are compatible with said ksp version being used...I have no doubt theyll turn up eventually. there are lots of rss and scaled planet fans out there. patience lads! :)

KSC extended doesn't need any special consideration for scaled system per se if the location of the KSC itself is unchanged. It therefore works perfectly fine with stock system rescaled. (I think its the only such mod at present that works like this)

I have gotten it to work with Galileos planet pack, (which moves the KSC to a higher latitude) by doing the following

1. Open each cfg inside KSCExtended/Statics and change the line Group = KSC_Builtin to something unique like Group = KSC_Extended.This step may not be necessary for some installs but I needed to change it since KSC_Builtin was being used by KSC++ statics included with GPP

2. Create a new cfg and target the group defined above with a config such as this. You can grab the correct coordinates by looking up the location of existing statics created by KK (if they already exist such as with GPP). Alternatively you can launch from your KSC, place a new static and find its location inside the KerbalKostructs/Newinstances folder. You dont need to worry too much about the values here. You will adjust in step 3.

Spoiler

KK_GroupCenter
{
    Group = KSC_Extended
    CelestialBody = Kerbin
    Orientation = 0,1,0
    RadiusOffset = -20.9180698
    RotationAngle = 78
    ModelScale = 1
    SeaLevelAsReference = False
    RefLatitude = 8.6399677104442407
    RefLongitude = -168.21994233531342
}
 

3. When you load up your game after this KSC extended should be in the vicinity. You can then open up the KK menu with Ctr+K and then use the group editor to rotate, raise/lower and move it into the proper position.

4. You can also do a search and replace for the grass colour values in the cfgs after using the KK static editor menu to match grass colour for one static.

5. Bonus, you can in fact create a duplicate of the KSC extended folder, change the group values to another name and have a second KSC extened base elsewhere. I therefore have KSC extended at both the equatorial launch site and the main space centre (8 degrees north) on Gael.

The below pics are from GPP rescaled to 2.6x

You have to put a bit of effort in, and its all very unofficial but it works with no issues for me.

O4a8NOAh.png

Def not Kerbin :)

or25HCRh.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zorg *insert woh meme*

Hmm well im not very versed with rescaled systems. But im happy to hear not a lot of extra work is required for such endevors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not quite sure if this problem has come up yet, but whenever I try to launch from any pad other than the stock KSC pad it will either bring me back to the building selection or will focus on a specific pad without any rocket on it or any possibility to launch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, DeepSlayLP said:

I'm not quite sure if this problem has come up yet, but whenever I try to launch from any pad other than the stock KSC pad it will either bring me back to the building selection or will focus on a specific pad without any rocket on it or any possibility to launch.

 

that happends to me too, and the KSPedia thing duplicates over and over again every time i load something on the pads that doesnt work

Edited by SirNooblyOfficial
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DeepSlayLP said:

I'm not quite sure if this problem has come up yet, but whenever I try to launch from any pad other than the stock KSC pad it will either bring me back to the building selection or will focus on a specific pad without any rocket on it or any possibility to launch.

 

Does anybody have a solution to the problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DeepSlayLP said:

Does anybody have a solution to the problem?

Looks like an issue with KK. Not sure what

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DeepSlayLP said:

Does anybody have a solution to the problem?

Yes, make a proper bug report and then post your logfile.

only by the symptoms I cannot say what's going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue like with KK, not KSE specifically.  I've rolled back to the older version of KK and it's working OK.  I'll repro with a clean install and post logs in the relevant thread in a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 3:36 PM, SirNooblyOfficial said:

that happends to me too, and the KSPedia thing duplicates over and over again every time i load something on the pads that doesnt work

 

On 5/10/2019 at 3:50 PM, DeepSlayLP said:

Does anybody have a solution to the problem?

 

1 hour ago, Friznit said:

The issue like with KK, not KSE specifically.  I've rolled back to the older version of KK and it's working OK.  I'll repro with a clean install and post logs in the relevant thread in a bit.

can you please test this release of KK? This should fix the issue.

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.7.0.2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.