[Old] KSC Extended - v2.2 - Expanding your KSC in style!

Damon

What about this needs updating? Everything works fine in 1.9.1. As long as Kerbal Konstructs has a 1.10+ compatible version, it'll work in 1.10+ too.

This mod is a series of configs that place OSS and TSC prefabs around the KSC. It's great, and I use a slightly tweaked version myself but you shouldn't have any problems with it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 12:54 PM, alberro+ said:

The only thing that changes is the grass color, and that can be easily changed. Some crawlerways and launchpads (specifically lc39b) are slighty above ground.

And that's where my problem is. That ground is bright purple, like it has a missing texture. You're saying that it can be easily changed, how?

• 4 weeks later...

I am using this with JNSQ and the only issue I have found in many hours is that LC-39B floats roughly 3m above the terrain. I attempted to hunt down a config in the KSCExtended folder that might contain some parameters to edit for a quick fix, but I have no idea what I’d be looking for. Any advice?

4 hours ago, lemon cup said:

I am using this with JNSQ and the only issue I have found in many hours is that LC-39B floats roughly 3m above the terrain. I attempted to hunt down a config in the KSCExtended folder that might contain some parameters to edit for a quick fix, but I have no idea what I’d be looking for. Any advice?

Ctrl-K will open up the Kerbal construct GUI. In there you can select the troublesome launchpad pieces and move them down with a movement tool similar to parts in the VAB.

37 minutes ago, NipperySlipples said:

Ctrl-K will open up the Kerbal construct GUI. In there you can select the troublesome launchpad pieces and move them down with a movement tool similar to parts in the VAB.

Thanks, so simple! Though I wouldn’t have thought of that because my interaction with KK is very little, I’ve never messed with the base building feature. I just let Tundra and KSCExtended do that for me :P

Hello!

Is this 1.10.1 compatible? Are the dependencies also working with 1.10.1?

Also, do we just drag KSC Extended and its dependencies into the Gamedata folder for it to work?

Thanks!

Edited by AeroSky

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2020 at 11:34 AM, AeroSky said:

Hello!

Is this 1.10.1 compatible? Are the dependencies also working with 1.10.1?

Also, do we just drag KSC Extended and its dependencies into the Gamedata folder for it to work?

Thanks!

Yes to all. Some things may look a bit weird but so far my install still works pretty well! 

• 3 weeks later...

Small issue. I installed KSC Extended from CKAN on top of my already existing Kerbin Side Remastered install  and I have all of the other dependencies already:

> Install Kerbal Konstruct (preferred latest version)
> Install OSS-NTR
> Install Tundra's Space Center
> Install Module Manager

However the runway at the TSC site is not present. Is there something else that I'm missing?

Update:

So to answer my own question, it appears that the following files were removed from the mod when it was upgraded to 2.1

• KK_2500m_C_runway-instances.cfg
  • KS_ALSF_2-instances.cfg

I retrieved these files from the version 2.0 zip on Spacedock and installed them and the runway is now visible.

@damonvv  Are there plans to add these files back into the main package with a STATIC:NEEDS[KerbinSideRemastered] ?

I was planning to write some Kerbin Side Remastered GAP flight contracts to this site and I need a standard runway location.  If you do not want to restore these files to the package that is OK as well, I can add them as a patch to my contract pack with a STATIC:NEEDS[KSCExtended]. 

Let me know either way. 

Edited by Caerfinon
Answered my own question

I’m sure this has likely been asked before, but I can’t find it if it has, but what causes the floating runway behind the yellow ‘stadium lights’ at the end of the ksp peninsula.

if you have never seen this before ,  I can take a screenshot of it.

please let me know if you have or haven’t any idea or what the fix is 

cheers!

15 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

I'd like to see this too!

15 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

Please do. I've not seen this before.

Hi Again

I have The Pictures here now.

However, I'm new to the KSP forum and I cant figure out how to attach images from my PC

I Can't see attach File And Copy/Paste doesn't work, but it could be that I'm still not past the 5 Post Approval Thing, if so I only Need One More After This So I can Just Say Ok or Something.

From what I can See, I can Only Insert Images From A URL.

I'm Extremely Sorry, but I need a Bit of help here Finding how to Insert an Image

Edited by Ollz
needed to add extra info

34 minutes ago, Ollz said:

I'm Extremely Sorry, but I need a Bit of help here Finding how to Insert an Image

Images have to be hosted on an external site like imgur,com or something similar. Post your picture there , then use the insert image from URL to include the picture's link in your post

27 minutes ago, Ollz said:

Hi 

I found out what the floating runway was.

it was a combination of the runway from TSC and the KSC Runways Taxiways that had glitched Behind the Space Centre.

thanks for Your help and Patience 

Glad you figured it out! Even w/o our help. :D

2 hours ago, Titi said:

Any idea of how to fix it?

Is your cursor hovering over the launch pad? They highlight in green if they are open and launch capable or slightly red if they are closed.

If not likely a Kerbal-Konstructs bug of some kind

• 2 weeks later...