[Old] KSC Extended - v2.2 - Expanding your KSC in style!

Damon

36 minutes ago, Neebel said:

open the Kerbal Konstrukts menu with CTRL + K, but that doesn't work for me

To execute CTRL + K you need to have an active flight at the TSC location for it to work. It will then place you in edit mode and you can modify the site with additional structures from the menu. Best have your kerbal off to the side as moving terrain or building through their location usually kills them. :(

15 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

To execute CTRL + K you need to have an active flight at the TSC location for it to work. It will then place you in edit mode and you can modify the site with additional structures from the menu. Best have your kerbal off to the side as moving terrain or building through their location usually kills them. :(

Thank you!

On 1/20/2019 at 10:49 PM, damonvv said:

This is a collaboration between me and @Omega482 to give you the best possible KSC experience we can offer.
This is a config based mod. You need to download the actual statics below this page!

SpaceDock 

Ingame pic:
Kjmv6Yi.png

More pics:

Reveal hidden contents

Stock KSC:
ydJ5zFn.png   

2nd site located on the other side of the planet called "TSC"
aA6Rvi1.png

Installation

for KSC Extended to work:

> Install Kerbal Konstruct (preferred latest version)
> Install KSC Extended
> Install OSS-NTR
> Install Tundra's Space Center
> Install Module Manager
> Install KerbinSide Remastered

Profit!

Planned features

• Anyone's guess

Known issues

• Roads can be bumpy, we are working on a fix!
  • It doesn't impact performance much. You can expect an FPS drop from around 5-10fps

Required Mods

Recommended Mods

NOT (yet) supported:

• Kerbinside
  • KSC++
  • GPP
  • JNSQ

Hi this mod is amazing and detailed however there's one problem that occurred for me. I cant use any of the new launchpads . Whenever I have finished building the rocket and go to select the launchpad to launch from all it shows are the default ones. And when I'm in the space centre part and try to click on the new launch pads all it does is send me back to the rocket building place. I used ckan.exe to download the mod so I know that I have all the needed mods and I'm in ksp version 1.8.1 which according to ckan.exe works. I can see all the new launch pads and when I go into the tracking station I can see all the new bases as well . I just can't use any of them . If someone could please help me I'd really appreciate it  

10 minutes ago, josh houghton 007 said:

I cant use any of the new launchpads

launch pads in Kerbal Konstructs need to be "opened" before they can be used. This can be done either in settings by opening all bases, or by using the KK icon in the VAB to open the launch pads for a fee. Once opened they show on the drop down under the default launch button. You can also set them as the default launch site from the KK menu in the VAB.  

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, adriangm44 said:

How can I enter the grass config and make it the same as Parallax terrain?

PoQrZIa.png

With the exception of the Tundra space center and squad parts, the textures are different and the way they deal with the textures and colors are different so they probably are never going to match (you can see this with the road pieces). However, the color that I have found that closely matches the Parallax KSC terrain is R=0.41657, G=0.42167, B=0.31458, and Alpha=1. You will have to keep changing the launch pads back to those colors every time you quit the game as they don't save for some reason, but everything else will be saved.

Edited by Jcking

Hi, I have downloaded all the dependencies and the mod itself but for some reason some of the pads and textures aren’t there. Also all the grass around the structures are purple now.  Would you know what I did wrong when installing?

3 hours ago, DasBear1 said:

Hi, I have downloaded all the dependencies and the mod itself but for some reason some of the pads and textures aren’t there. Also all the grass around the structures are purple now.  Would you know what I did wrong when installing?

Double check you have Omega's Structures mod?

9 hours ago, DasBear1 said:

Yeah I had that installed, does it have something else you have to do when you install it?

Nope -- just a resource pack. Your issue sounded familiar since it didn't get installed for me recently, and I was missing the harbor buildings, etc. in JNSQ. 

Purple often indicates missing textures, so it's possible something is still missing or in the wrong place.

4 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Nope -- just a resource pack. Your issue sounded familiar since it didn't get installed for me recently, and I was missing the harbor buildings, etc. in JNSQ. 

Purple often indicates missing textures, so it's possible something is still missing or in the wrong place.

Based off what I’ve said do you know what I may have put in the wrong place?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bother, I have all the mods and dependancies but CTRL-K does nothing, even when I am a craft on the launchpad. When I go to the base menu in the VAB I only see the KSC launchpad and nothing else, and no other locations show up on the map. Pretty much nothing is changed. What is going wrong?

On 4/8/2021 at 3:33 PM, EndAllFilms said:

How do I put the whole KSC extended to the planets and moon

You would neeed to edit the MapDecal file and group file and change the celestial body to the planet/moon you want and the LAT and LON coordinates.  You would need to have a ship /probe at the location to use the KK editor to finetune and move things around.

9 minutes ago, Heliotrope said:

Sorry to bother, I have all the mods and dependancies but CTRL-K does nothing, even when I am a craft on the launchpad. When I go to the base menu in the VAB I only see the KSC launchpad and nothing else, and no other locations show up on the map. Pretty much nothing is changed. What is going wrong?

I ran into a similar issue, did you install the mods manually or using CKAN?

Hello again, sorry I did install the mod with CKAN then manually. But I feel stupid because the reason it isn't working is likely obvious: I am using KSRSS. I honestly forgot about that, somehow. But that is the likely reason. Sorry for wasting time.