[Old] KSC Extended - v2.2 - Expanding your KSC in style!

Damon

KSC Extended will see 2 launch sites!
One is around the stock KSC with pad 40/41/39A and 39B while the new site will have the pads 46/5-6/14/17/19 and 36.

I am still not sure if pad 36 should be there or around the KSC as it is a saturn pad.

I need to place a few more buildings and it should be good for release. And YES! this update will support @Eskandare's KerbinSide Remastered!

New site:
aA6Rvi1.png

KSC:
ydJ5zFn.png

KSC Extended 2.0 update!

This version includes:

- Whole new site! It's on the other side of the map containing many old fashion launch pads!

Download via SpaceDock
YOU NEED Kerbal Konstruct version 1.8.x or above in order for this to work properly!

Installation

for KSC Extended to work:

> Install KSC Extended
> Install Kerbal Konstruct (1.8.x or later)
> Install Omega's Stockalike Structures - NTR
> Install Tundra's Space Center (2.0 or later)
> Install KerbinSide Remastered
> Install Module Manager

Happy launches!

KSC:
Yflu6KZ.png

New site:
Idsi3Bp.png

11 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Yay! Looking forward to launching from that new site :D

KerbinSide is a dependency now? Or just supported?

Supported but the left side of the KSC will look disconnected from the runway. That's all tho. The 2nd site won't have a runway either.

Edited by damonvv

This... is now frustrating!

I've Installed  the latest version of 1.8.1-5 of Kerbal Konstructs

I've gotten OSSTNR (version 1.2 Alpha)

I've installed Tundra Space Center 2.0

I've Installed Module Manager 4.1.3

and Now I've installed  Kerbinside remastered and..

Go into the VAB (or the SPH0 and try to open using the Kerbal konstructs menu and....

Nothing.. Nothing wants to Open!

LIke I said this is SOOOOOOOOOO Frustrating! ARRRCH (beings pulling hair outtta head..

There has to be something tha is causing this conflict that doesn't allow me a frest install of this..

Well Time to wipe the slate clean and start all overagain..
Sigh..

Space_Coyote

14 minutes ago, Space_Coyote said:

This... is now frustrating!

I've Installed  the latest version of 1.8.1-5 of Kerbal Konstructs

I've gotten OSSTNR (version 1.2 Alpha)

I've installed Tundra Space Center 2.0

I've Installed Module Manager 4.1.3

and Now I've installed  Kerbinside remastered and..

Go into the VAB (or the SPH0 and try to open using the Kerbal konstructs menu and....

Nothing.. Nothing wants to Open!

LIke I said this is SOOOOOOOOOO Frustrating! ARRRCH (beings pulling hair outtta head..

There has to be something tha is causing this conflict that doesn't allow me a frest install of this..

Well Time to wipe the slate clean and start all overagain..
Sigh..

Space_Coyote

Maybe @Ger_space should take a look. It could be a save game related issue or something in the settings. 

9 hours ago, damonvv said:

Maybe @Ger_space should take a look. It could be a save game related issue or something in the settings. 

9 hours ago, damonvv said:

This is what I am starting to think as well as I've been told that the the entire KSC Extended shold work..

Also it's intersting to note that I did open a new game and when I did everything that was supposed to be there was not.. not even the Launchpads.. yet after I closed it out and then reopneed it, The entire KSC Extended did spaen in but the same thing happened.. the inability to poen all the launch pads (I wa also using Water Launch sites and it too has the same issue.. (Can't open those either..)

Yet in 1.73.) the last version that actually was this way I installed this long after the game was saved and there wer eno problems

So yeah I'm starting to think this is more of a save game issue.. or that the Devs of the game somehow switched out somethin or that maybe Kerbal Konstructs is the issue here..

it's hard to say without further testing..

Space_Coyote

11 hours ago, Space_Coyote said:

This is what I am starting to think as well as I've been told that the the entire KSC Extended shold work..

Also it's intersting to note that I did open a new game and when I did everything that was supposed to be there was not.. not even the Launchpads.. yet after I closed it out and then reopneed it, The entire KSC Extended did spaen in but the same thing happened.. the inability to poen all the launch pads (I wa also using Water Launch sites and it too has the same issue.. (Can't open those either..)

Yet in 1.73.) the last version that actually was this way I installed this long after the game was saved and there wer eno problems

So yeah I'm starting to think this is more of a save game issue.. or that the Devs of the game somehow switched out somethin or that maybe Kerbal Konstructs is the issue here..

it's hard to say without further testing..

Space_Coyote

If you go your KSC scene and press esc and go to the difficulty settings, in the KK tab you should have a toggle to open all the launchpads. I have a feeling that this might fix it!

13 hours ago, damonvv said:

If you go your KSC scene and press esc and go to the difficulty settings, in the KK tab you should have a toggle to open all the launchpads. I have a feeling that this might fix it!

Followed your suggestion and yep found the button and it worked..

The thing is the way it's so well hidden is what kept me forom finding it in the first place (Upper right corner in the KK Menu Open Everytthing... and yes you can turn that off too if you want to do a carer mode (I guess it is set in the closed Posiiton as per career mode..

Anyway thanks for the insight helped a lot.

Space_Coyote

6 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@damonvv I've installed the latest versions of TSC, OSS-NTR and KSC Extended, but I appear to be missing some stuff. There's no runway at the new launch site, and there's a sizeable gap between the runway and the second SPH at the KSC.

D6JiJSf.png

uhItlUy.png

Have I missed a new dependency?

Maybe, It's listed in the OP! But you are missing Kerbin Side Remastered!

These are so flippin' great.

Any thoughts on unlocking/upgrading/opening these in a stepwise fashion, using KK? I suppose just literally using KK each pad and runway extension, etc. would have to be a unique base instance. -- or are they already?

Now I just wanna run home and play with KSC Extended :)

1 minute ago, Beetlecat said:

These are so flippin' great.

Any thoughts on unlocking/upgrading/opening these in a stepwise fashion, using KK? I suppose just literally using KK each pad and runway extension, etc. would have to be a unique base instance. -- or are they already?

Now I just wanna run home and play with KSC Extended :)

When you play career, you have to buy the pads to launch from it! But atm it doesn't have an image. I will push an update out this weekend to add some photos and fix some pricing issues.

7 minutes ago, damonvv said:

When you play career, you have to buy the pads to launch from it! But atm it doesn't have an image. I will push an update out this weekend to add some photos and fix some pricing issues.

You know --  if I thought about it for a second, I would have remembered that all the pads and such showed up like that. :)  --but they still *exist* in-word, we just can't use them 'til they unlock?

I think I'm also conflating some features of KSR that include awesome runway lights, etc, that look really weird with the level 0/1 KSC facilities.

6 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

You know --  if I thought about it for a second, I would have remembered that all the pads and such showed up like that. :)  --but they still *exist* in-word, we just can't use them 'til they unlock?

I think I'm also conflating some features of KSR that include awesome runway lights, etc, that look really weird with the level 0/1 KSC facilities.

Yeah, this isn't really made for early career stuff.

2 hours ago, damonvv said:

Maybe, It's listed in the OP! But you are missing Kerbin Side Remastered!

Oh, OK! I was under the impression that it was simply supported by the latest version, not an actual dependency. I’ll take a look, from what I remember it adds a whole bunch of new bases around Kerbin, which is pretty cool.

You know what we need? A workig port facility...

yep you heard me a ship yerd on the KSC property in order to get  ships that are recovering parts to the KSC space port to return said parts to be refurbished and Th elike..

I mean let's take a look at a prime example of what this space center is lacking.. Namely a facility like Port Canaveral..

(Interestingly enough the port is located SOUTh of the actual Air station and in fact it's there that all the recovered Space X parrts are returned to..

So yeah.. we need some docks and maybe a little something to make it worth our while..

Cause to be honest.. I'm on a boat..

Space_Coyote

• 2 weeks later...

@Beetlecat

In the previous version of KSC Extended, I made a version with multiple zips - each zip added a few of the statics, from Stage 00 - trees only to Stage 07 - full KSC Extended. It basically did what you were talking about, although when you wanted to move up to the next configuration, you'd have to exit KSP, install the next zip, then load KSP again.

I'd like to do the same thing with v2 for my next playthrough. But that might be a while.

3 hours ago, Dr. Omicron said:

When I look at the ksc from orbit there is the ugly patch where it is like the textures are not correct. Can you fix that??

Screenshot?