[Old] KSC Extended - v2.2 - Expanding your KSC in style!

Damon

On 2/20/2020 at 3:04 PM, infinite_monkey said:

Umm, is there a separate TSC in addition to the KSC?

Maybe? ...

iyBkZl8.jpg

On 2/20/2020 at 5:45 PM, infinite_monkey said:

Also, there seem to be some setting issues with the textures, at least in JNSQ. Not sure if the problems come from TSC, KSC Extended, OSS, KK or JNSQ (probably a combination of them):

• the roads and other OSS structures have the right color (or very close to it), but almost no texture (I guess OSS is to blame, IIRC there were changes in KK)
  • the launch pads from TSC have the right texture, but the wrong color. This can be fixed in KK's editor using the JNSQ KSC preset, although the color then is still a little different from the stock launch pad.

KK bugs.

• OSS hasn't been updated to use the new shaders.
  • Anything with the launchsite feature enabled -- KK is unable to read the grass color modules and defaults on them. The same happens to the runways at all of JNSQ's airports and will happen to KerbinSide's runways.

On 2/18/2020 at 1:35 AM, rosenkranz said:

I can't seem to assign kerbals to the facilities that have business modules.  I've looked all over and can't figure this out.  Help?

Thanks in advance :)

I just learned the other day that the kerbals need to be held first in a KK static that has the barracks module. I typically only give this feature to the astronaut complex static which KSC Ex and TSC do not have. I should deal with that.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

35 minutes ago, bvsveera said:

Has anyone tried running KSC Extended in 1.9 (or 1.9.1) yet? If so, any issues encountered thus far?

I have. All of the buildings around the KSC still appear, but I had to manually reopen all of the launchpads using the KK menu in the VAB and the ASDS out at sea doesn't seem to appear when I enabled recovery bases on the KK toolbar (though that last one may just be PEBCAK).

I'm having a bug where several of the new land pieces have absolute black voidness instead of grass textures - only while running OpenGL (which I am using for scatterer functionality in 1.9)

I'll post pics after I load the game tonight.

8 hours ago, WallHaxx said:

I'm having a bug where several of the new land pieces have absolute black voidness instead of grass textures - only while running OpenGL (which I am using for scatterer functionality in 1.9)

I'll post pics after I load the game tonight.

Just delete Scatterer, and use the normal whatever thing you changed. Personally, I’m just waiting for an update.

Ok so 2 quick questions. 

1. I have an active 1.8.1 play though can I add this mod to it while it is in progress or is that a bad idea? 

2. Is it compatible with Kerbal Construction time? IE will the launch pads act correctly with rollout and reconditioning and how does building more launch pads work? 

6 hours ago, LORDPrometheus said:

Ok so 2 quick questions. 

1. I have an active 1.8.1 play though can I add this mod to it while it is in progress or is that a bad idea? 

2. Is it compatible with Kerbal Construction time? IE will the launch pads act correctly with rollout and reconditioning and how does building more launch pads work? 

1. Shouldn't be a problem

2. Yes, everything works fine. You just need to select the desired launch pad in the KCT menu before rollout - selecting the launch pad in the VAB is seemingly ignored by KCT.

Building more pads is done via KK - this mod just does that for you for some pads. So: hit right(!) Ctrl+K, spawn new, and choose whatever you want to spawn. Make sure to "open" the launch pads in the KK menu from VAB, otherwise they are not usable.

Strange.  When there's a vehicle with no throttle (such as a Mk 1 capsule with no engines), it works fine.

Now if I can find a nice big tropical island to put a new launch center on...

Edited by AdmiralSirJohn

On 8/10/2019 at 10:40 AM, ThatGamerFTW said:

@Zorg @damonvv Thanks will try to edit the configs now. I really should have read all of the replies because it would make sense that the statics exist but are at the relative coords of the old non moved KSC. Thanks for the help I'll let you know if it works also i could provide the configs you need for RSS compatibility. (Only if it works)

@ThatGamerFTW, any luck with the RSS configuration endeavour? I feel this mod belongs to RSS by nature.

For some reason this isn't working for me. I'm on 1.8, have all the dependencies installed, is ksc2 shows up on the globe in tracking station, but I have no way to switch to it and also when I press ctrl + k for kerbal konstructs, nothing happens. I have dependencies installed for all mods that require dependencies.

On 3/13/2020 at 11:30 AM, si2504 said:

For some reason this isn't working for me. I'm on 1.8, have all the dependencies installed, is ksc2 shows up on the globe in tracking station, but I have no way to switch to it and also when I press ctrl + k for kerbal konstructs, nothing happens. I have dependencies installed for all mods that require dependencies.

You must have an older version of this mod and JNSQ (or another system replacer planet pack). There is a problem where the TSC's MapDecal (the thing that flattens terrain for a KK base) becomes invalid when Kerbin is changed and KK breaks completely... But I'm surprised that KSC2 appears.

Just wondering to make sure this is working correctly and that something hasn't gone terribly wrong with my install, but, uh, what does this do, exactly? I've gathered that it is meant to expand KSC, but how? 

31 minutes ago, caekdaemon said:

Just wondering to make sure this is working correctly and that something hasn't gone terribly wrong with my install, but, uh, what does this do, exactly? I've gathered that it is meant to expand KSC, but how? 

Basically, it takes elements from Tundra's Space Center and NTR, and implements them into your game. It adds numerous buildings, real launchpads, and even adds another launch base on the other side of Kerbin. 

• 2 weeks later...

I know this isn't a real KSC, but how come LC-39A doesn't have the SpaceX integration facility? TLC 40 has one, but I just noticed it while launching.

Edited by alberro+