[Old] KSC Extended - v2.2 - Expanding your KSC in style!

Damon

• 3 weeks later...

Got a question, whenever I install the mod I get all the new pads and everything, but the extenstion to the runway runs through 39A as shown in the picture below, wondering if there's anything I could do to fix this? (running KSP 1.11.2 and 2.5x rescale)

2021-05-27.png?psid=1&width=1595&height=

Edited by QuantumNight12

42 minutes ago, QuantumNight12 said:

Hopefully this link works

Something is clipping the taxiway and knocking it out of alignment.  You can fix it by going into the KK editor. CTL-K after you launch a probe core on the launch pad. 
Then find the taxiway statics in the local instances section of the Statics Editor and edit each one. Use the move arrows or position buttons to move them to the proper location and then save your changes.

There is a link in my signature for a KK tutorial that covers the basics if you are not familiar with it.

On 5/27/2021 at 7:35 PM, Caerfinon said:

Something is clipping the taxiway and knocking it out of alignment.  You can fix it by going into the KK editor. CTL-K after you launch a probe core on the launch pad. 
Then find the taxiway statics in the local instances section of the Statics Editor and edit each one. Use the move arrows or position buttons to move them to the proper location and then save your changes.

There is a link in my signature for a KK tutorial that covers the basics if you are not familiar with it.

Ah okay will try this, thank you for the help - I'll be sure to update if I can get this to work!

Edit: was able to fix it, thanks a lot!

Edited by QuantumNight12

23 hours ago, QuantumNight12 said:

Ah okay will try this, thank you for the help - I'll be sure to update if I can get this to work!

Edit: was able to fix it, thanks a lot!

Since that was the taxiways and lights, I think the entire KSC Upgrades group was somehow out of place. Those are part of Kerbinside Remastered (and not KSC Extended) -- hopefully you could reposition the entire group at once, and not have to fiddle with each sub-component. Otherwise, there will be some random fuel tanks and a windsock (among other things) kicking around in the middle of the open spaces near the launch pads :)

1 minute ago, BlackEyedPhantom said:

How can i install this mod to KSP 1.11

You need to set your CKAN settings to allow "Compatible Game Version" from at least KSP 1.8 for CKAN to install it.

KSC extended has several dependencies that need to be installed before it will work

14 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

You need to set your CKAN settings to allow "Compatible Game Version" from at least KSP 1.8 for CKAN to install it.

KSC extended has several dependencies that need to be installed before it will work

Well... I have it installed successfully but the space center is just stock. How do i fix it?

55 minutes ago, BlackEyedPhantom said:

well... normal, like no difference

The reason for that is that the KSC Extended is positioned at the coordinates of the KSC on Kerbin.

You would need to find it and use the Kerbal Konstructs editor To move it to where your KSC is.

If you are on a larger planet size the KSC extended Stuff may be underground.

7 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

The reason for that is that the KSC Extended is positioned at the coordinates of the KSC on Kerbin.

You would need to find it and use the Kerbal Konstructs editor To move it to where your KSC is.

Ok I'll figure something out. Thanks!

20 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

ctr-K  isnt working. 

15 minutes ago, BlackEyedPhantom said:

Ok well nope. This just isnt working. I really like the mod but i cant get it to work at all. In Syock it works but not with Beyond Home.

Try deleting the TSC folder(s) from within this mod. There's a MapDecal issue that I needed to fix to cure this problem for JNSQ, but the detection in that fix only covers JNSQ.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, KeaKaka said:

Which is correct?

Sort of both...

1. CKAN lists Kerbin Side Remastered as a requirement and will install it with KSC Extended. However, you could install using CKAN and then delete the Kerbin Side Remastered directory from GameData and it would run fine.  The runways for the TSC location that were dependent on Kerbin Side Remastered were removed from the configuration in version 2.1 of KSC Extended but are present in version 2.0.  
  2. If you don't install with CKAN you don't NEED to install Kerbin Side Remastered, but friends don' let friends install without CKAN;p

If you do want Kerbin Side Remastered AND you want the runways for the TSC location, and nifty contracts to fly planes there you can also in stall Kerbin Side Remastered GAP which puts the runways back at the TSC sites and has contracts to fly there [end shameless plug] .

• 2 weeks later...