Chronological savegame sorting

Would you like savegames to be time-sortable?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How important do you find that

• That would really be useful, yes. Please implement that.
    • I really do not care at all.
    • No that sounds ultra useless. The devs shouldn't waste their time on it.

This should be trivial to implement and I'm scratching my head as to why it's not done by default. But at least having the option to do so would be such a time saver.

Either a sorting according to in-game or system time would be fine (ideally both).

There was a pretty deep thread on this within the last 6 months or so, but I'm not going to try to find it. 

I have to vote for the third option, but only because I'd rather see more game mechanics improvements first, not that I think it's useless. 

In the meantime, the alt-f5 combo will let you name the quick save, so you can add your own dates.   You can also open up the save file folder and look at the creation date.   Yes, they are both poor man's fixes, but it works. 

This poll misses at least one more option: add chronological sorting as one of the possible options.

I do think sometimes chronological sorting is handy. Other times though, I need other sort options, like alphabetical, when I'm searching for saves of which I know the name but not when I saved them.

So useful yes, but only as part of several sorting options that we can switch as needed.

I name all my saves chronologically... 

For example, if I started a new game today it would start with: 20190121_XXXX, which is basically YYYYMMDD format, followed by a descriptor. Same goes for quicksaves. I'll start with  YYYYMMDD_001, and increment each time - I can then follow up with a description at the end in case I need it for some reason. Makes it easy to keep track of historical order of saves, and with descriptors at the end I know why I made the save. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.