how to change contents of fuel containers?

nick533a

Hello. I used to have my fuel setup to choose whatever fuel i wanted... i would see liq fuel + ox and click and it could change to liquid fuel.

Now that i got Configurable Containers, i'm not a fan because you cannot fill the entire tank with 1 fuel source (liq fuel) ... you can remove the other fuel but the setup i used to have for a liqfuel+ox tank could swap to just liq fuel and the content would double, meaning all the tank was full of just liq fuel.

with configurable containers, you 'cannot fill your tank with more than 1 fuel source' or something like that.

can anyone point out the mod i might have been using? it was reall handy... you clicked the fuel and you could just scroll through different types without having to open another window and have to mess about with contents that way.

Thanks a lot!

Nick

20 hours ago, nick533a said:

can anyone point out the mod i might have been using? it was reall handy... you clicked the fuel and you could just scroll through different types without having to open another window and have to mess about with contents that way.

The mod you were using was very probably Interstellar Fuel Switch.  It allows switching fuels, and it's been immensely popular for years-- I believe it's generally been the go-to mod for fuel switching, in the same sense that MechJeb has been the go-to mod for autopilot.

It's a fairly "big, fancy" mod that does come with some dependencies, also new part models, etc.  If you were already using it-- or you like big-and-fancy-- then I expect that's the mod you'd want.  ;)

As it happens, I recently created my own mod, SimpleFuelSwitch, as 5thHorseman alludes to above.  It does basically the same thing, but is a simpler, more lightweight mod with minimal dependencies and deliberately minimal feature set.  So that would also let you do what it sounds like you want, if you only need something basic and simple.  However, it's almost certainly not the mod you were already using, since I first released it less than two weeks ago.  ;)

Thank you all for the replies. it turns out that i had a conflict of mods disabling the abilities... i had interstellar fuel switch and of course module manager but it was conflicting with something in the 000_AT_Utils folder, so i removed it and now i can once more cycle through fuels. this thread can be closed. Thanks for all contributions and fly safe!

Nick

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.